Welcome!

Options
As the description says I wanted to create a place that we could all talk about whatever! I like seeing women that look like me so I know what my body can do and might look like. I feel like there should be a place for everyone on here and this can be ours. I plan on also doing a challenge. But for now everyone please introduce yourself and please invite any women that you know to join.

My name is Tashina, I'm 29 years old and currently 307lbs. I have lost 37lbs so far. I have always been heavy. I grew up with a mother who was obsessed with my weight so it made me rebel by gaining weight , i also developed really young so weight was a way to hide from the looks and creepy guys. Now that I'm old enought to know that I am the only one in control of me I have finally started losing weight .

There are so many things out of life that I want and my weight has been holding me back. So if you guys help me in my journey i promise to help you and be a support when ever you need it. I want this to be a place for you to let your hair down and say whats on your mind. Lets face it the process of losing weight SUCKS! I hate working out and i hate not being able to eat whatever i want like my sisters and still stay stick thin. However, I love the feeling of the fresh air hitting my face after a good workout, and i love the taste of fresh fruit, I also love the feeling you get when you step on the scale and your number goes down. I want to be there for you guys when you have the bad moments cause if you can get through those the good is oh so GOOD!

Replies

• FrecklesAndLocs
    FrecklesAndLocs Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    So, I am CurlOTL (On The Loose). My family calls me Dria. I am super excited to be invited to what I can only imagine will be a dynamic and powerful group of us. Lol. I have a 9 year old who will be 10 soon and a 14month old. Both boys. I Joined WW after losing some weight on my own. I joined for some accountability and ideas. Well. My experience was not at all like JH's. She must have have one incredible group and group leader. Now, I did lose some weight, but I quickly got suck, there was no help and I left meetings feeling ... well I still have no words to describe how disappointment I would leave even with a loss. There was no education no, up lifting and it all felt rushed and just routine like. So, I went and saw a Dietician and Nutritionist. (Am I following the food plan.. working on that) And in that meeting they told me about MFP. So, here I am and I am so happy, I have already lost more here than what I did PAYING A CORP.

OK. I guess that is enough for now. I have a YT Channel I am CurlOnTheLoose. Check me out. I am starting a specific vlog three days a week about what I'm eating, buying cooking any excessive I'm doing.. blah blah blah
    Hey Y'all!
  • aka9110
    aka9110 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello my name is Teresa and I started MFP a little over a year ago. I lost 40 then gained 3 back. I am dealing with some health issues presently that I am not sure if it is having an effect. The doctor says it might so I am going to continue to log and as long as the gain stays stagnant I am happy. After December I will know better hopefully once the surgery is completed I will see a difference. Thanks for a place where I can see people like me. Much love my brown sisters
  • Andrezia
    Andrezia Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm Melissa. Just got off the scale not too long ago and well all that I can say is that that I have a lot of weight to lose. This is my first time on MFP so I hope that I can utilize it in a way that will help me lose little by little. I'm looking for motivation and guidance-I will also do my best to provide what I can to the group as well. Thank you ladies for being here. Now let's get it on!!!
  • tamikawoodson
    tamikawoodson Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I’m Tamika. I joined MFP in May at the suggestion of a friend who started using it at the beginning of the year. I was keeping a hand written journal before MFP of what I was eating and the calorie/carb count. I like MFP because it gives me more accountability and I can come here for support and motivation. I have about 37 more pounds I want to lose and I’m at a plateau of gaining and losing ½ to 2 pounds a week. My heaviest was back in January at 263. Now I’m down to 217. I’m 5’6. My main exercise is walking. I walk anywhere from 2-9 miles a day, 5-6 days a week. I'm excited to be apart of this group, to give and received support and guidance. I'm ready.
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! My name is Diana. I am 24, 5'7, and 235 lbs. I struggled with obesity as a child, but lost about 70 lbs during my undergrad years of college. I even became a fitness instructor, teaching classes such as Zumba, kickboxing, strength training, and other group fit classes. To make a long story short, I moved to Miami for grad school, became pregnant, and gained 65 lbs. I had my handsome baby boy. As a new mom, I've been more focused on learning the ropes of motherhood than losing weight. Now that I have a little bit more energy, I am ready to lose the weight and then some. I am doing the Insanity program to help jumpstart my weight loss. My ultimate goal weight is to be very toned at 165 lbs, and to wear a size 8.

Ultimately, I want to start my own fitness business tailored to those in the African-American the community. My graduate research suggested that there are not enough culturally-relevant health initiatives, and I would love to change that. Until then, I am going to keep striving towards my goals, and I wish you ladies nothing but success in your fitness journeys!! :)
  • Squirkie
    Squirkie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Sandra and I'm excited to be a part of this group. I was a huge fan of the before and after pic thread that was unfortunately closed. So happy that this group has been created. It is wonderful to be able to get encouragement and feedback from those that are similar to you or have some insight to your physical makeup :wink: Currently, I am trying to workout at least 3 times a week by using the Couch to 5 K program. I heard that running really helps get the weight off and I've never been able to run so this has helped me get started. Looking forward to the encouragement and suggestions that this group can offer.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Hello all! My name is Rochelle, I'm 25, 5'3"-ish and about 152. I've lost just over 13 pounds since April. I was an overweight teen who teen who became a skinny but unhappy teen. Went to college for about a minute then joined the Navy. I got in slightly better shape but was still fundamentally unhappy with myself. Left the Navy, became a Navy Wife, and put on about 40 pounds in 3 years. I started trying to lose in February but what I was doing just made me angry and hungry so I stopped.

In April my grandmother died and the one thing she ever insisted on was for me to not get fat and sick like she was (her words, not mine). Now that she's gone I feel like I have to do what she asked me, to honor her and to improve myself. I am from a family of bottom heavy and overweight women; my 13 year old sister is 249 pounds and nothing anyone says or does seems to get through. I want this trend to stop before any one else becomes sick.

I'm excited for this group to pick up and get started.
  • Roma_Tee
    Roma_Tee Posts: 38
    Options
    Good evening all! My name is Randi and I have been on MFP for what seems like eternity. I lose, gain, lose, and gain but have recently been back on track for a while. I find it more motivating to search for support on the message boards so this feels like a good place to be now. I have no children but I teach Pre-K in Chicago.....very much enjoying my off time right now. Iset a small goal to lose 20lbs before it's time to go back to work. I enjoy bungee jumping, tennis, extreme sports, swimming, tennis. Pretty much anything that keeps me out of the house for the summer. I am currently working on Hip Hop Abs but it's only been a week. Let's have fun and keep each other motivated. Oh, I am 29 yrs old and currently 239. I use to weight 268. I am about 5' 8".
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Monique, and I am 5'1" and currently 145 pounds. I would like to get down to 120 pounds. I am currently teaching English in South Korea. Right now I am focusing on a lifestyle change, not dieting. I have been cooking my food more often, laying off the fried foods, and I have been a lot more active. I am doing circuit training right now with Fitness Blender's program. I absolutely love their program. Everything is set up for me so that all I have to do is wake up and do the exercises. This is probably the most in shape I've been in my life. I have more energy, and I feel great. I hope that I can reach my goals!
  • kita_254
    kita_254 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Kita and I am a little over 2 months into this weight loss journey. I tried to lose weight last year, but I don't think I was really ready to change my lifestyle so I gained all my weight back. I'm ready to continue this lifestyle change and looking for some support and motivation. I'm also hoping to meet some new people that I can also support and motivate. I've got about 10 -20 more pounds to lose. Also, my diary is open to my friends! Nice to meet everyone!
  • LadyQue25
    LadyQue25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello Queens!
    My name is Marja and I am 35 with a 17 year old son. I have been commited to fitness since April 1, 2013. I am 5'2" and currently weigh 153. My goal weight is 128. I jog/walk at least 1-2 times a week and use programs like les mills combat, turbo jam and 30 day shred. I work out 5-6 times a week for 30-60 minutes. My diet has changed dramatically! I haven't had a Wendy's #1 with cheese, no lettuce onion or pickle with a rootbeer no ice in a minute! Lol that was my go to meal! Now I eat Turkey and grilled chicken sandwiches and turkey bacon. Organic foods have been introduced to my body also. I drink Shakeology and green smoothies and eat tons of fruits and veggies. Weight loss is hard but I refuse to give up this time. Eventually something's got to change. Let's get it Ladies!
  • pinkdreams13
    pinkdreams13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!!!

My name is Shudon and I am new to MFP. I am 27 years old. I am married and I have three children; 10 months, 2 years, and 9 years old. I am the biggest I have ever been in my life right about now and very determined to change it. I am trying to stick to working out five days a week. I love working out but I can already see that eating is going to be my biggest fight. I have battled my thyroids every since the birth of my first child. So my weight has constantly been up and down. I am currently 247.2 pounds and my goal is 140 pounds. I know that it is doable and I know that it is going to be very hard. Fast food and sweets are my enemy. They are just so convenient. I have tried almost every fad diet and I want to just learn to be healthy for the rest of my life from here on out. I have learned that hard way (as well as my bank account....lol) that slow and steady always wins the race. So here goes nothing!!!!!!!
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Hey... Im Christy

Ive pretty much lost the bulk of my excess weight... I wasnt always overweight... I was always thin even after I had the first 2 of my 5 children... then I had 2 back to back problem pregnancies.... 9 months pf bedrest... massive weight gain... then age, hormones & complatency set it... before I knew it I was 275 lbs... I got real serious about weight loss about a year ago..and am happy to say as of today I weigh a lil over 158 pounds... I wear a size 6-8 ( this time last summer I was forcing myself into size 20 knowing I needed 22's and maybe 24's)

unfortunately, I've lost in places I didnt want to and cant get rid of flubber in places I need to.... so Ive set new goals...
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies! I am happy to have found this group. I'm 31, 5' 5" and 170ish pounds. I am in the Navy married to another Sailor, and just had our first child together; she'll be 5 months on the same day her daddy returns from deployment. My mother has always been over weight and says that I am now her motivation to get healthy after watching me change my lifestyle. Before pregnancy and my injury I successfully lost over 20 lbs when I was stationed overseas. Now stateside, I was able to continue the journey until I injured my Achilles, I am still struggling with those last few pounds gained from that, but successfully lost all the weight from pregnancy. Losing weight is not just about being healthy; I physically have my career on the line when I am out of Navy weight or body fat standards. According to the Navy I have to lose about 10 lbs or at least 2% body fat.
    I have not been as committee to this as I was the first time. I just need to find the right support group and motivation like I had once before. I look forward to this journey with wonderful women who can relate to this in so many ways. Have a great day!
  • scwilson38
    scwilson38 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! My name is Shundrella. I am 39 years old, will be 40 next month. I am 5'8. I started this journey at 282 pounds and now I am at 232. My MFP goal is to get to 185 and my ultimate goal is 150-160. I was always and thin child all the way up to adulthood before I had my first son. Then came the weight gain, then losing then gaining again. The problem for me is when I lost my mom and my daughter. Now 15 years later I'm tired of it and wanted a change. I have gone from wearing 24/26 to size 18. Going from 3X shirts to XL shirts. I started doing Zumba which helped alot and have changed over to Hip Hop Abs to see what that does. I also jog and just started riding bikes with my youngest son. I have made alot of changes and see alot of differences in myself and my body.
  • carlamsimmons
    Options
    Hi everyone!!!

I'm Carla. I am 5'7 204 pounds. My goal weight is 185. I LOVE my curves and I want to keep them. So if me and 185 never meet then I'm ok with that as long I continue to loose body fat, build lean muscle, and drop dress sizes:bigsmile:

I am currently a group fitness instructor and a personal trainer. BUT, yes, there is a but LOL my eating habits are horrible sometimes. I am a ice cream and cake kinda girl. I know, I know, when you know better you should do better. Well...I do eat healthy 90% of the time. When I started my weight loss journey I started at 266 pounds after having my daughter. I was still in the Navy at the time so I knew staying that way was NOT an option. I started taking group fitness then as the weight started to drop...confidence kicked in and I became an instructor. Later, I decided to pursue fitness as a career and became a personal trainer.

I as many classes as I teach in a week or no matter how many sessions a conduct...I still have my "I don't feel like it moments" in my personal workout time. I think I need rehab for my Coldstone Creamery addiction :blushing: I joined the group to get extra motivation and hopefully motivate someone else.
  • DFineMrsRicks
    DFineMrsRicks Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am so proud and excited to take this weight loss journey with all of you. I love MFP, but I wanted to see women more like me.

I am 5'6, currently weighing at 224lbs and wearing XL and size 16 clothing. My current goal is to get to 210lbs, then to 200. I want to get to about 150-160 lbs as my BIG goal and then after that try for 130lbs or 120lbs.

For exercise, I do heavy weight lifting about 2 -3 times a week, then I alternate to C25K about 2-3 times a week. On my lifting days, I do HIIT workouts, usually Fitness Blender workouts on YouTube.
  • sapphire74
    sapphire74 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am Cortrell, I am 5'2" 156lbs. I have been on MFP for a few years but have not gotten the full benefits out of it. I want to start using it and become consistent in my weight loss journey and make it a lifestyle change! I want to go into my 40's fit and fabulous! I am looking forward to the encouragement, motivation, tips, and advice I will give and receive from this group!
  • LadyDiva618
    LadyDiva618 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Tria. I am 29 years old and I recently had the band lap surgery on May 1st. When I started my journey I weighed 267 and I now weigh 217. I have a long way to go before I reach me goal weight but I know I got this! Together I know we can help each other with reaching our goals.
  • trodney1104
    trodney1104 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Tracy and I joined MFP in June at the suggestion of my Diabetic Dr. and the wonderful instructor in my Spin Class. I'm 48 and I currently weigh 214 lbs :frown:. I haven't set a long time goal yet. I've decided to set small goals like 5lbs at a time, rather than set a large one.

I work out 5x-7x wkly and I love Spin class and Zumba! My hubby joins me on his days off and he is so encouraging!

I'm really enjoying MFP! Most people are very friendly and encouraging! I'm looking forward to chatting with you ladies on a regular basis. I know that I need the support and encouragement and I want to offer some as well.

Have a groovy day all!
    Peace & blessings!