5K's

Options
So has anyone signed up for post C25K races? I've done one, and I signed up for another one July 14, this Saturday.. I was not planning on doing another one so soon, but Groupon had a deal I couldn't refuse!

Replies

• ThinkThin85
    ThinkThin85 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I haven't signed up for a race yet. I want to finish my C25K, work on improving my time and then I plan to sign up. Right now I'm thinking about signing up or a race in the fall. Do you think that is too far off?
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    I haven't signed up for a race yet. I want to finish my C25K, work on improving my time and then I plan to sign up. Right now I'm thinking about signing up or a race in the fall. Do you think that is too far off?

Of course not. There is no reason to move at a pace faster than what you are comfortable with, no reason to rush into a race. I do think though, that committing to a race race helps with motivation.
  • ThinkThin85
    ThinkThin85 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    So I'm taking your advice and looked at 5K's in my area. I didn't pick one yet but I'm heading in the right direction. Thanks for the reply.
  • dontwannaweight8
    Options
    I have! It's a lot of fun. I sign up for one a month (starting this past June). I find it's the only way to keep me motivated. I'm hoping to do the Color Run soon - it looks like fun!
  • horsepullerlovesme
    horsepullerlovesme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i signed up for my first 5k in august...and than one in oct on my birthday! hoping to get one in in sept. i am so excited but nervous! any c-5k peeps want to add me i would love the support and encouragement....wow didnt even check to c how old this post was sorry!! silly me