Medifast transition phase

Options
Hello my fellow medifasters!

For those of you who have met your goal and have transitioned off of the diet, I would LOVE to hear your thoughts on how it works. I set my goal, put my head down and just trotted along. Now that my goal is about two weeks away, I'm curious to know what lies ahead.

Thanks!

*I started at 175 in mid-March. I should hit my goal weight of 125 before the end of July*

Replies

• MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    It's simple. Just be very strict and do it exactly the way it says to in the Quick Start Guide. You continue to eat 6 small meals and balance your blood sugars.
    I have maintained for almost two years
  • cathiwitkowski
    cathiwitkowski Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It is pretty easy for me so far. Hardest thing is breaking out of the MF box to realize that I don't have to live by very strict rules, just be smart about choices. Eat a little too many vegetables today? Can walk a little extra or have a little less tomorrow. And of course remember that ups and downs are normal. I haven't been weighing, just knowing that 6 weeks after I stopped 5&1 my little clothing still fits tells me I'm OK :happy:
  • Rosiemac2
    Rosiemac2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I took two weeks for each new food group.....total 8 weeks to transition....use this sit eto track calories...much easier....still need to stay away from triggers and make exercise and healthy eating your new normal...if you go back to your od way of eating you risk gaining the weight back...I am currently 3 lbs over goal but I know why that happened and will get back to 160 soon....I have a 5 lb range I want ot stay at....It is a bit scary since you feel like dad just took the training wheels off the bike...I don't think I could b esuccessful w/o this site...I still track everything...keeps me honest:) Good luck!!!
  • sstratto01
    sstratto01 Posts: 23
    Options
    I had hit my target and then started the transition. I know others start transition when they get close to their target. Do what works best for you. I also switched the weeks for dairy and fruit. I tracked everything too (still try to now as well). Once I went through the 4 week transition, I then started working up 100 calories a week until I got to the daily calorie intake I calculated would be my steady state. I have found that I need to be at around 2000 calories to keep my weight steady. I still have to drink all my water though.

It was a real challenge letting go of the Medifast foods for me - mentally. It was so easy knowing that I just ate their food 5 times a day. After slowly adding in new (regular) foods, I have gotten pretty good at it. Make sure you a disciplined and track your food. From the people who have kept off their weight - that one habit seems to be a commonality.

Read about others transitions and their questions on this forum and the Medifast forum - I also found that really helpful. I was really unsure and did not want to just balloon right back up after I lost my weight.

Good luck - know you can do it.

Stan