Where do you find clothes!

Options
carakit
carakit Posts: 126 Member
Hi All! As we all know when you are a tall woman it is very hard to find any clothes that fit. So I was just wondering where everyone finds their tall clothes? I am in the US and there are no tall womens clothes stores so I have to basically rely on buying most of my clothes online especially with pants. I am 6'2" so a 34" inseam will not cut it and a 36" inseam just barely does if im wearing flats. Anyway, just wondered where everyone shops at!

Replies

• shezzzzz
    shezzzzz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I mostly have to order stuff online as well.

I have also found that if I shop in "boutique" style stores (instead of the mall or big box), the pants they sell are not hemmed. It is a bit more money, but usually the quality is better as well.

I read a book about being a tall woman a long time ago, and they suggested mens clothes for some things, if they fit right (or can be altered)

On the up side, I am finding more stores carry tall lines than they did 10 years ago, and comparatively speaking, the US has more retailers that carry tall sizes than Canada (where I am).
  • beniky
    beniky Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I usually got my 36" inseam pants from VS, NY & Co carries longs too - but I think only to 35". There is an online store called Long Tall Sally that does up to 38" inseam...
  • Laac68
    Laac68 Posts: 55
    Options
    I shop mainly online but there are times I have shopped LB stores and found tall trouser sizes. I am 5'11" .
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I read a book about being a tall woman a long time ago, and they suggested mens clothes for some things, if they fit right (or can be altered)

I agree with buying some men's clothes. I buy a lot of men's dress shirts from Polo Ralph Lauren and they fit SO much better than womens. Plus, you can make them more feminine by adding a thin belt around your waist, and no one has ever asked me if I'm wearing men's clothes. Also I buy mens v-neck t-shirts.

And, I know this isn't specific at all, but there are some stores I've shopped at that have like small/petite/tall/long torso labels. I think stores like JC Penny, Old Navy, and Sears have these.
  • berry83sweet
    berry83sweet Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Banana republic I think has a tall line
  • jessicajustice1
    jessicajustice1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 and wear a size 18-20 ( US). Recently I have found that Old Navy and Gap have really good tall lines although you can't get everything in a tall:(. I actually wear dresses and skirts now:) whereas before they were always too short. They have different tall lines with even more length than a standard long which is great too. They also have shirts in talls which has change my life:). Good luck. I do okay at lane Bryant although they aren't as good.
  • JosieFury
    JosieFury Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    LongTallSally has some epic sales sometimes and that's when I tend to get my stuff. I got a nice pinstripe suit for 60 bucks last fall from them.
  • Jesseca118
    Options
    Gap with X Tall
  • andigurl513
    Options
    I'm 6'1", have long legs, and I'm a size 12. A lot of my jeans are from GAP(buy online for long and X-long inseams). My dress pants are from GAP as well, and are so long that I have to wear tall heels with them - they are REALLY long. Also there is a store called Vanity that also has a website (evanity.com) that has cute jeans in inseams up to 37" that I have been buying from for years. The Buckle also has a ton of jeans in all different fits and rises with up to 37" inseam. I have linen pants from Victoria's Secret that are long (36" inseam I think). I only have about 3 pair of jeans from there (big stars and Miss Me's) because they are pretty pricey. I've also had good luck with some of the NY&Company skinny jeans. Ann Taylor is a great resource for business attire.

Happy Shopping!
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    This question has come up on more than one occasion.

Buckle for jeans (they carry 37 1/2" inseam), Gap (onliine) for dress pants and Victoria Secret (online) for yoga pants.
  • Change4mygirls
    Change4mygirls Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    The Loft...love their clothes!! The tops are long enough and the pants fit nicely...the length always works for me too.
  • afat12
    afat12 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Heightgoddess.com Kind of pricey but love them!

Express and New York and Company carry tall sizes

Good luck to all my tall drinks of water out there :)
  • afat12
    afat12 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Gap with X Tall

This too! The Gap also has fitness clothes with XL workout/yoga pants!
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Long tall Sally do up to 38"
    Tall girls- never ordered but know they are long
    Next on line do a tall section that's very reasonable
  • ashleybreanna13
    ashleybreanna13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Alloy.com - 37" inseams! I am 5"11 and it works great for me!
  • lfost917
    Options
    Besides Gap, Banana republic, old navy,

theres ann taylor, loft, the limited for moderately tall women.

JCrew has beautiful tall outerwear and lots of pants and tops and dresses in tall sizes as well. ALSO STYLISH SIZE 12 SHOES THAT DONT LOOK LIKE they were made for drag queens or an old lady with foot/back problems. Def an investment, but everything is very high in quality.

I also like Nordstrom for size 12 shoes and boots.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I know old navy has tall jeans but im not sure exactly how long they are.