How many calories are we buring??

Options
hgaspard83
hgaspard83 Posts: 66 Member
I dont have a heart monitior yet, but i was wondering if anyone knows how many calories we burn ?? just a guess ??

Replies

• KristaHuyer
    Options
    I burned like 270 in the first cardio workout. Hard to believe we can get a good workout in in 25 minutes, but i was sweating like a pig!
    Im used to burning like 500 calories though with insanity, so we'll see how this goes!
  • Bikini_by_30
    Bikini_by_30 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I did 275 doing mostly modified. I've been in a workout slump for the past 2 months... amazing how quickly I've gotten out of shape! Can't wait until I can do the entire workout without using the modifier!
  • hgaspard83
    hgaspard83 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    ok thast sounds about right, i just ordered at Polar HRM, so i can really see, and yes my legs are hurting from today :tongue:
  • mom2dzbnwe
    mom2dzbnwe Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I just finished my workout! He's not playing around, huh? My Polar FT4 said I burned 250 in 25 minutes. I was drenched in sweat, and I had to modify a lot towards the end. I've been working out for 3.5 months, religiously and this 25 minutes was killer! I LOVE it!
  • lexlyn14
    lexlyn14 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I only burned 170 doing cardio but gave it 100 % and hardly modified...What gives???
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Day 1 214 per Polar FT7
    Day 2 224 per Polar FT7

I'm 4'11", 115 #. I've done Insanity - Fast & Furious (23 min long) and I burn 170 approx. Even though the cals burned are lower I feel like I'm getting a good workout. Went full out 100% and was drenched in sweat!
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    My HRM said 400 for cardio so I suspect it's way off!
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    My HRM said 400 for cardio so I suspect it's way off!

Does your HRM have a chest strap? If so, make sure it's been adjusted to your chest to get a good read of your heart rate. Also, take a peek at the data on your watch and update your stats. If this doesn't work maybe a battery replacement.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    It has a chest strap and the heart rate seems to be right, I have always had a high heart rate anyway.

Just seemed a high calorie burn but I don't plan on eating all my calories back anyway so won't worry too much.
  • sawshuh
    sawshuh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think I burned something like 225 for Cardio, 200 for Speed 1.0, 150 for Total Body Circuit, 100 for Ab Intervals, and 200 for Lower Body Focus. I'm really out of shape, so in the workouts where I burned less, some of the moves were so tough that I either laughed or just went back to a move I COULD do instead. With that said, I'm currently on my 10th day, 4th Cardio, and it gets easier/I burn slightly more every time.
  • jnninn
    jnninn Posts: 34
    Options
    I just got a Garmin FR70 and I used it for the first time today. it said my calories for Cardio were 170. Im drenched in sweat. Im a little disappointed. Thought it was way more than that.
  • lexlyn14
    lexlyn14 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I burned 175 today with Cardio...I was also drenched in sweat...It does not seem to be a big calorie burn but I am working insanely hard...I am disapointed too...
  • hayles_s
    hayles_s Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    my average is 250
  • LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    That calorie burn is great for 25 minutes. One thing you have to remember is Insanity workouts are a longer duration, therefore a bigger calorie burn! Congrats on the burn.
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    Great!
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    My calorie burn averages 225-250 per workout. Of course doing Ab Intervals and Lower focus it's a lower calorie burn, but one thing to remember you still burn calories post workout. Those days with a lower calorie burn just watch your caloric intake a little closer. I did an experiment and ran 1.5 miles. I got more of a calorie burn doing T25 cardio in 25 minutes over my run. I just wanted to compare and I was pleased with my results. I'm in my 4th week and have lost 6 lbs and 7 inches already. This program has proven results. I feel my abs tightening and can see a difference. Keep working at it and of course nutrition plays a large role in your results. Be consistent and keep the focus. Everyone will get there.:smile: