Supplements!!

cbarn025
cbarn025 Posts: 939 Member
What supplements are you on? WHich do you like best? Where do you buy your supplements? Has anyone tried Kali Muscles' "Hyphy Mud"?

Replies

• Frank_Just_Frank
    Frank_Just_Frank Posts: 454 Member
    The only supplement I take is an occasional whey protein shake after a workout. I'd never heard of hyphy mud, that stuff must get your nerves amped up LOL!
  • ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Optimum Nutrition multivitamin
    Optimum Nutrition fish oil (least fishy-tasting fish oil, I've tried)
    Vitamin D
    C4 for pre-workout (with Ergo Pump as my deload pre-workout)
    Beast Creatine

My favorite whey protein is Optimum Nutrition Extreme Milk Chocolate (although I consider protein powder to be food, not a supplement, but whatever). My favorite casein protein is Xtreme Formulations Ultra Peptide Triple Chocolate (this is delicious).

I thought Hyphy Mud was a slang term for super lethal (illegal?) workout concoction. I didn't know it was an actual product. Heh! I've never tried it.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    I'm really trying to step-away from using supplements as much as possible, I don't feel much excessive benefit from anything. Especially all the crazy creatine concoctions that cost $30+ plus and they're truly no better than standard creatine mono. I was actually at Vitamin Shoppe to grab some whey and a rep for ConCret was there and said that it would give me a 45% increase in strength. Okay, so my Deadlift 1RM is 405lbs, so basically she's saying I can now DL 585lbs with ConCret??? Bull****... The FDA would have that **** banned in a second if it were even remotely true.

Here's my supplement focus these days:
    1. Vitamin Shoppe brand Whey protein. $45 for 79 servings, can't beat that
    2. Vitamin Shoppe men's vitamin with 2,000 IU's of vitamin D
    3. Vitamin C
    4. Fish Oil
    5. Cinnamon Extract: I use this to help control my Insulin sensitivity. I'm experimenting by taking this with my pre-workout shake to try and not elevate Insulin levels too much.
    6. GABA: Trying to improve recovery while I sleep.
    7. Local Honey: Okay, not so much a supplement but I by it for two reasons. One, it helps with my allergies. Two, I use it to help spike my Insulin level with my post-workout shake.

Anybody else tried using cinnamon extract for insulin sensitivity? I looked this one up on PubMed and the benefits are real, not a made up thing. The only other supplement I'm considering is a Magnesium supplement. Past that, my days of dropping *kitten*-loads of money on Supp's are over.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Multivitamin
    Fish oil
    Glucosamine/Chondroitin(sp?)
    Pre-workout
    Creatine
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    I use a preworkout on occassion if I'm just dragging when I get up in the morning. Otherwise just protein and creatine but I don't use creatine all the time - I used it for a few months and now I'm not using it but I will use it again in the future depending on what I'm doing (no science involved, just because).
  • JNick77
    I'm really trying to step-away from using supplements as much as possible, I don't feel much excessive benefit from anything. Especially all the crazy creatine concoctions that cost $30+ plus and they're truly no better than standard creatine mono. I was actually at Vitamin Shoppe to grab some whey and a rep for ConCret was there and said that it would give me a 45% increase in strength. Okay, so my Deadlift 1RM is 405lbs, so basically she's saying I can now DL 585lbs with ConCret??? Bull****... The FDA would have that **** banned in a second if it were even remotely true.

Here's my supplement focus these days:
    1. Vitamin Shoppe brand Whey protein. $45 for 79 servings, can't beat that
    2. Vitamin Shoppe men's vitamin with 2,000 IU's of vitamin D
    3. Vitamin C
    4. Fish Oil
    5. Cinnamon Extract: I use this to help control my Insulin sensitivity. I'm experimenting by taking this with my pre-workout shake to try and not elevate Insulin levels too much.
    6. GABA: Trying to improve recovery while I sleep.
    7. Local Honey: Okay, not so much a supplement but I by it for two reasons. One, it helps with my allergies. Two, I use it to help spike my Insulin level with my post-workout shake.

Anybody else tried using cinnamon extract for insulin sensitivity? I looked this one up on PubMed and the benefits are real, not a made up thing. The only other supplement I'm considering is a Magnesium supplement. Past that, my days of dropping *kitten*-loads of money on Supp's are over.

forgot one...

8. Burn (TrueNutrition): It's basically a high-powered caffeine pill. I wake up at 3:30am / 4am to go lift, so I need something to wake me up and get me going.
  • Frank_Just_Frank

forgot one...

8. Burn (TrueNutrition): It's basically a high-powered caffeine pill. I wake up at 3:30am / 4am to go lift, so I need something to wake me up and get me going.

Sounds like you could use some hyphy mud :)
  • JNick77

forgot one...

Sounds like you could use some hyphy mud :)

LOL! Is that anything like Ultimate Orange (aka Agent Orange) that eventually got banned? :laugh:
  • ahmadfahmy
    ahmadfahmy Posts: 214 Member
    What supplements are you on? WHich do you like best? Where do you buy your supplements? Has anyone tried Kali Muscles' "Hyphy Mud"?

creatine, orange triad and every now an then ill take alpha gpc before bed
  • rdzilla
    rdzilla Posts: 113 Member
    Hyphy Mud is one of the funnier things I've seen on Youtube. Kali, on steroids or not, is a monster but seems to be a good dude along with Hulse, The Brofessor, Marshall White, MDUSA folk. Could do without the Hodge Twins, that Matt "I'm Natty" FlexForAll Guy and all of these lame broscience people.

My supplements:
    - Good diet and sleep patterns
    - Whey protein
    - Bottled Anger

If I feel like I'm dragging pre-workout I'll down a cup of black coffee and get through a few warm ups. Usually gets me out of the funk. Not too big on supplements because I really am a desk jockey, train hard, but ultimately via diet and rest shouldn't face any problems.
  • Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    Orange Triad-multi and joint support, I've also used the Animal flex/pak

Xtend or amino x

I'm currently using gaspari probiotic for whey, will probably switch to BSN for that soon (not a fan of gaspari using brown rice protein)

BSN hyper for a pre workout, I've also had success with animal rage and white flood. The Craze I currently have is meh.

Fish oil twice a day

Vitamin D, 5,000 IU

Magnesium 400mg

I don't notice a change on creatine at all so I don't bother. I tried both 5-10g a day and with loading 20g a day for a week. Also tried creatine blends with no luck.
  • JNick77
    Orange Triad-multi and joint support, I've also used the Animal flex/pak

Xtend or amino x

I'm currently using gaspari probiotic for whey, will probably switch to BSN for that soon (not a fan of gaspari using brown rice protein)

BSN hyper for a pre workout, I've also had success with animal rage and white flood. The Craze I currently have is meh.

Fish oil twice a day

Vitamin D, 5,000 IU

Magnesium 400mg

I don't notice a change on creatine at all so I don't bother. I tried both 5-10g a day and with loading 20g a day for a week. Also tried creatine blends with no luck.

Did you notice a difference when you started incorporating magnesium?
  • Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    It's hard to say, maybe a little bit easier to get to sleep at night.
  • cbarn025
    cbarn025 Posts: 939 Member
    Hyphy Mud is one of the funnier things I've seen on Youtube. Kali, on steroids or not, is a monster but seems to be a good dude along with Hulse, The Brofessor, Marshall White, MDUSA folk. Could do without the Hodge Twins, that Matt "I'm Natty" FlexForAll Guy and all of these lame broscience people.

My supplements:
    - Good diet and sleep patterns
    - Whey protein
    - Bottled Anger

If I feel like I'm dragging pre-workout I'll down a cup of black coffee and get through a few warm ups. Usually gets me out of the funk. Not too big on supplements because I really am a desk jockey, train hard, but ultimately via diet and rest shouldn't face any problems.

How could you forget CT Fletcher!?!!?!

For those who don't know. Hyphy Mud is a pre-workout that was created in jails/prison. You take about a third of a can of coke/pepsi and add a scooop of instant coffee, shake and drink.
  • Frank_Just_Frank

How could you forget CT Fletcher!?!!?!

For those who don't know. Hyphy Mud is a pre-workout that was created in jails/prison. You take about a third of a can of coke/pepsi and add a scooop of instant coffee, shake and drink.

Who could forget CT Fletcher?!

Hyphy Mud must give you a good jolt, but it seems like the sort of thing you make when you don't have access to a Red Bull or something.
  • rdzilla
    rdzilla Posts: 113 Member
    I forgot CT Fletcher because it's ... still... my... mother.. fckin'.... set!!!
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Whey Protein(usually Dymatize or MTS Whey)
    Mulitvitamin+ energy(nice little kick of caffeine)
    GABA(have definitely noticed couple benefits from it. most important to me is better sleep.)
    Inner Armour BCAA 12:1:1 for intraworkout hydration
    Fish Oil when i remember to buy it
    Glucosamine/Chondroitin when its on sale. that *kitten* is expensive lol
    MTS Drop Factor
    Yohimbine HCL

i dont take any preworkout supps, usually dont need them
    dont take creatine, just puts weight on me(like 10lbs in a week) positive its water weight though. dont see any "gaaaaaiiiiinzzzz" from it either.

Kali is a beast, as well as C.T. Fletcher. Elliot Hulse is a great guy and ridiculously strong not to mention smart as *kitten*. Omar Isuf is another good one for motivation and information. Chris jones(P.O.G.) has good info also, and POG along with the Hodge Twins are good for some comic relief, lol....
    Brandon Lily, Brandon Campbell, and Jonnie Candito have great powerlifting channels and Monster Garage Gym, well for the Monsterettes of course.... Damn Kelsey is so strong and gorgeous!!!!!!
  • amastre
    amastre Posts: 176 Member
    I just use a half scoop of MusclePharm Assault as my pre-workout, and take a week off it every 4 weeks when I deload, and I will usually have a scoop or two of MusclePharm Combat on training days as a postworkout shake to up my calories.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Fish oil about 2.2g of combined EPA/DHA I take less if I eat sardines or salmon that day.
    Vit D 5000 IU
    Magnesium- I started taking this pretty recently. For the poster that asked the only thing I really noticed is I've been SUPER regular. This may or may not help you. I did have a meet yesterday and was the only one not worried about hitting the bathroom before deadlift. For that alone it might be worth it.
    Multi- Cause I can't get enough iron!

I used to take glucosamine, but didn't really notice a difference.

Protein powder if you count that? Trutein because it's delicious.
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    I'm in the UK so use The protein Works for protein powder and an intra stim free workout drink.

Multi vit, Vit D, Omega 3 and I'm currently testing a performance and a recovery spray by TDT (transdermal technology) for both lifting and football (soccer)

Thinking of adding creatine into the mix just see where it gets me