Hey

Options
Just wanted to say hi, I started T25 on Monday and so far am really enjoying it, can't wait to see what it brings and see the changes these coming weeks

Replies

• poma91
    poma91 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I am planning on starting it next week or the week after that :)
    Great to know that you like it! Have you done insanity before that? If yes, how does it compare?
  • brandanmad
    brandanmad Posts: 49
    Options
    I am starting Monday as well...can't wait see some results. VERY EXCITED :) We got this!:smile:smile:
  • brandanmad
    Options
    Sad news...tracking my shipping and my T25 won't be here until later next week. I was sooo hoping it would make it here by Monday :(. I'm a "Monday starter" so it looks like this girl won't be starting until July 15th. Boool
  • poma91
    Options
    Oh sorry hun. I saw that there is a workout preparing you for T25. It is called insanity check - maybe you could do that one instead?
  • knelson79
    knelson79 Posts: 18
    Options
    The only other programs I have tried is P90x which was to much for me to do and Hip Hop Abs which I could do but didn't stick with it. I like this one the best, I can see myself sticking with this program
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,407 Member
    Options
    I plan to start T25 on the 15th.

Chris
  • poma91
    Options
    I couldn't resist and started it 2 days ago :))) So far I am loving it! It is really awesome that the program is only 25 minutes. It is high intensity but you are done with it so fast. The 5th day of each week however is 50 minutes :) I've done insanity and halfway through the workouts my muscles felt so tired that I had to force myself to push forward. In T25 it's not like that. Best workout EVER!
  • brandanmad
    Options
    My husband I did P90X and P90X2. I saw results...but he got AMAZING results. He even entered the challenge on beachbody.com. He didn't win any money...but he was featured on their facebook page lol
    We have also been doing Insanity.Bu we have been mostly picking and choosing the disks for with that one.
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I was so excited when I saw this today!!! I am going to order it asap, but won't start until August 1st.
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'm actually 7 weeks into a 20 week Turbofire schedule but got my T25 on Monday. I just HAVE to test run all of the workouts because it looks FAB.. so far I've done Alpha Cardio and Speed 1.0... LOVED speed 1.0!

I wasn't a fan of insanity, i got to day 17 before moving onto Body revolution (which i completed), but i'm already VERY impressed by T25... i could be tempted to put my TF on hold and to T25 first!!
  • Run4Me2Day
    Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I started on Monday, was nice because I was still on vacation. I have been averaging about a 300 calorie burn so far. I had to go back to work today, and didn't sleep well last night. I am usually a early morning workout person...like 5 am. Didn't make it up today, so I guess I will be hitting play tonight on Day 4. Wow hard to believe it is almost the end of the first week.
  • brandanmad
    Options
    300 calories is awesome for a 25 min workout! They say you keep burning afterwards too!
  • Run4Me2Day
    Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    300 calories is awesome for a 25 min workout! They say you keep burning afterwards too!
    It is very true, I left my heart rate monitor on for a while one day and was amazed at the burn I had. Today's update, Got up 5 minutes before my alarm went off, moaned and groaned. Then reset the alarm....I couldn't go back to sleep after a couple minutes and said, "Self, get your A** moving". I got up and did Day 5 of T25 with Lower Focus and Cardio and a burn of 485. Followed it up with Vanilla Shakeology with Watermelon. Have a Wonderful day!
  • stephanj
    Options
    I'm actually 7 weeks into a 20 week Turbofire schedule but got my T25 on Monday. I just HAVE to test run all of the workouts because it looks FAB.. so far I've done Alpha Cardio and Speed 1.0... LOVED speed 1.0!

I wasn't a fan of insanity, i got to day 17 before moving onto Body revolution (which i completed), but i'm already VERY impressed by T25... i could be tempted to put my TF on hold and to T25 first!!

How would you compare T25 to Body Rev? I am on my second cycle of JMBR right now (weeks 7/8) and I am concerned if I switch to T25 I will lose the muscle strength I have gained from Jillian. I am considering throwing in the occasional JMBR DVD on top of T25 just to maintain the weights. Do you think that's realistic, or will I be dying?
  • brandanmad
    Options

How would you compare T25 to Body Rev? I am on my second cycle of JMBR right now (weeks 7/8) and I am concerned if I switch to T25 I will lose the muscle strength I have gained from Jillian. I am considering throwing in the occasional JMBR DVD on top of T25 just to maintain the weights. Do you think that's realistic, or will I be dying?

That is why my husband won't do T25...because he does P90X and is worried about losing muscle :(. He just ordered Asylumn so he could do a hybrid with P90X...he won't give Tony up.

How is JMBR ? I plan I doing T25 for the next 10 weeks, but I am always looking to try new things.
  • stephanj
    Options
    JMBR is awesome! the only reason I am switching it up is because I have done it twice through. She starts you up really slow but ramps up the intensity every two weeks for 3 months, so by the end you are in crazy shape and don't know how you got there. Her cardio is a little lame, though, I tend to do an insanity hybrid. And I HATE Jillian's nutrition plans - hate her recipes, her eating recommendations, all of it. So don't buy it for that. But I LOVE the workouts, you can keep adding weights and intensity. When I was doing insanity earlier this year I really missed weights. I am going to see if I have the energy to add a few JMBR to T25 just to keep the level. T25 looks pretty intense though, we shall see.....
  • carlamsimmons
    Options
    Hey I've done insanity before. I like them both...but this one defiantly fits into my busy life MUCH better. The are different...they have a few similarities...but different just the same.
  • brandanmad
    Options
    Hey I've done insanity before. I like them both...but this one defiantly fits into my busy life MUCH better. The are different...they have a few similarities...but different just the same.

Somebody posted somewhere (not sure where I read it) that "T25 is best described as Insanity without a warm up, cool down, or breaks." I agree..but Shaun T does give us some new moves.