What challenges do you want?

Options
If anyone has change ideas post them here.

Replies

• mistyboggs
    mistyboggs Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I really like the ones you listed. I did a mini challenge with 200 arm circles. It made me think about things. LOL. I like crunches.
  • ruthatoy
    ruthatoy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just started myfitnesspal today because I'm needing some accountability with eating and exercise. I know that recording my food and water intake will really help. I plan to swim or bike 3x / week (30 - 45 min.) and on the days I don't work out I will walk for 20-30 min. (moderate pace).
    I've set a goal of one pound per week to be realistic but I'm hoping that I will see more improvement than that - at least at first.
  • mistyboggs
    mistyboggs Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan! I just restarted today.
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I just saw a post for the "arm circle" challenge. The challenge is to do 200!! :noway: :bigsmile:
  • Jao7707
    Jao7707 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like squats and a 60 second plank. 60 seconds doesn't sound long, but boy is it tough!!!
  • tammi_t
    tammi_t Posts: 20
    Options
    I saw on a program today where moms got together (they were finding unique ways to exercise with their young children in tow) and played tic-tac-toe on the sidewalk while steady in a plank position. They moved their arms up to make an "x" or "o" with chalk.

I have no doubt that it was difficult (I've struggled holding a 30-60 second plank), but it looked fun. I challenge everyone to find a partner and do some tic-tac-toe planks. My husband and I did them this evening and it was hard, but fun.
  • tppchef
    tppchef Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'd love some lunges!
  • theSkepna
    theSkepna Posts: 5
    Options
    Sumo squat?
    I remember in high school my gym teacher made me do these and have helped me improve my flexabilty a lot!
    or a couple burpees, they are hard but I like the challenge.
  • GauthamyTrishul
    GauthamyTrishul Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    how about jumping Squats or jumping Lunges 50 ?
  • vmudgett
    vmudgett Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have very bad knees and can't do lunges or squats. I would like some stationary biking, swimming type of exercises included and body toning with some weights.
  • NathanielUK
    NathanielUK Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Distance accumilated every day challenge? Set a Goal, 5000 steps or 3mile then hit that every day.
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    How about weekly challenges? E.g. do 500 squats/tricep dips/mountain climbers... in a week.
  • m1nd_body_spirit
    Options
    Just a running count of workouts done over the 40 days of the challenge.
  • healthymelisa
    healthymelisa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'd love some lunges!

I agree with a lunges challenge!
  • NathanielUK
    Options
    would the idea be to complete ALL these challenges in 40 days?
  • WalkingAway2013
    Options
    would the idea be to complete ALL these challenges in 40 days?

If you think you can do them all daily you could give it a shot but mostly just posting a bunch for people can pick and choose from different ones that they want to do
  • lmb3171999
    lmb3171999 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    What about flights of stairs climbed? *Stolen from my fitbit goals". 10 Seems like a lot, but throughout the day is not too bad.
  • NathanielUK
    Options
    Oh so they are daily challenges, doing daily challenges for 40 days? ok. I thought it was try to achieve all of them once over 40 days,
  • introducingchaos
    Options
    Someone mentioned weekly challenges, that'd be great. A series of tasks to complete within a week... I'd like the flexibility to do them on the days I want, but with the structure of a weekly target.

I'm not sure if I completely understand how the challenges work at the moment but if it's just pick and choose each day what you fancy then I feel I could easily miss a couple of days and feel like I'm falling behind.
  • daisydesigner66
    daisydesigner66 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    a walking challenge would be good. I like the 3 miles per day challenge mentioned earlier. My knees cannot take to much stress. I can do modified lunges I think.