Any low carbers with open diaries?

Options
nikkim19781
nikkim19781 Posts: 45 Member
Hi all!

I'm new to the low carb scene and I would like to know if there are any open diaries that I could look at so I can get an idea of what to eat during induction!

Thanks!!!

Replies

• skinnylizzy5
    skinnylizzy5 Posts: 119
    Options
    Hi! Today is my first day of induction so not sure how helpful my diary will be.... but it is open to friends so feel free to add me!
    Hope your first days go well :)
  • nikkim19781
    nikkim19781 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I just added you. Good luck to you as well! Im going to need it!
  • Primrose_au
    Primrose_au Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I've been Low Carbing since mid May, before that I was just doing the slow low calorie method.

I still have my good and bad days.... oh, and I'm not doing induction........ just keeping (or trying to keep) between 35 - 50 carbs.

Feel free to check my diary. I think it helps to get meal ideas from other people.

Cheers and good luck.

Susan
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I have been low carbing since April. My diary is publc so feel free to browse.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Atkins since about June 1, and I don't cheat. If you'd like to see my food diary, please feel free:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/EddieHaskell97

I just wish that MFP naturally subtracted dietary fiber from carb counts.
  • skinnylizzy5
    skinnylizzy5 Posts: 119
    Options
    Eddie (and anyone else interested) have you seen this:
    http://cavemanketo.com/configuring-mfp/
    It's a blog post with directions on how to configure MFP to calculate net carbs by automatically subtracting fiber from carbohydrate. Also, it has a tutorial on how to change your settings for your macros to better reflect a low carb lifestyle.

Maybe you already knew this so sorry if it is redundant! It was a huge help to me as I got used to the whole idea of net carbs.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful find! I did not know that, thank you for the information, I can't wait to apply it! No longer having to manually do the net carbs will be great!

Thanks again!
  • MelMelMiller
    Options
    I've made my diaries public today too. Feel free to look at mine. i'm still in induction and haven't cheated any. But keep in mind that I am way below the 20 carbs per day because I'm trying to really kick into high gear on the weight loss. I did 20-25 carbs the first 3 days and dropped to an avearge of 7-10 after that.

Today is the first day of my second induction week. I'm still holding fast at a 4lb weight loss, but 4lbs in a week is still awesome!!! Yippee!
  • milosmom1979
    milosmom1979 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey! Ive been on induction for a bit over 2 months, and my diary is open... feel free to add me to view my diary!!! Keep it up!!!
  • Jennyflies
    Jennyflies Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Im not doing atkins as a specific diet but i am doing LCHF, you can add me if you'd like or veiw my diary. I do use a lot of Atkins meals/bars. They make low carb easy! :)