H2O

Options
Morning sisters!!!

The word for today is.....wait for it....wait for it..........

WATER!!!!!!

How many ounces are you intaking each day? Do you know the exact amount? Since you are working out do you know the # of ounces that you should increase normal amount to? Im glad you asked :smile:

Take you weight in pounds, divide that # by 2.2, that # will tell you MINIMUM # of ounces that you need in a day.

Ex. 200 (weight)/2.2=91oz

If you are doing LIGHT exercise- add 15oz
If you are doing MODERATE exercise-add 25oz (running, aerobics, swimming, etc)
If you are doing HIGH INTENSITY- add 35oz (insanity, turbofire, etc)

I know it seems like a lot...but your body needs adequate amount in fluids in order to do fat and protein synthesis. Both of which are important with trying to loose weight and build lean muscle.

Enjoy your day sisters

Replies

• randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this, I wasn't sure what the formula was to calculate how much water you ought to have daily (based on weight).

I top a half gallon each day ... I'm usually between 60 and 100oz but something people have to remember is water is in everything - so water itself isn't the only thing that contributes, pretty much any beverage you consume has water. Some vegetables have very high water content, so when you eat a salad - you are still getting in water. Granted, its harder to calculate but that's why I try not to obsess over the number but rather focus on staying hydrated.
  • nathotte
    nathotte Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this. I never knew the exact amount of water in a day I should intake. Everyone was saying 8 to 10 glasses but that's still a good amount of play between the 2. Now I know with minimal activities I need a minimum of 10 glasses and go from there.
  • carlamsimmons
    Options
    No problem ladies! Water and sleep has a HUGE factor in your overall fitness jouney. This calculation is for plain water only. There are lots of fruits and veggies that are high in water content. I personally:blushing: use those as extra. I can honestly say that I feel like night and day when I am working out now that I properly take in the amount of water that my body need...now....the 6-8 hours of sleep...yea......I'm still working on that :blushing:
  • cleebull
    cleebull Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    last week i picked up a 74oz h2o bottle at walmart. i love that know exactly how much water i drink each day. i'm always feeling dehydrated so this really has helped me out the last several days. plus, w/ this heat, lots of water is needed.