Starting BFC Monday July 15

Options
dkginger
dkginger Posts: 167 Member
Hey everyone!
I am starting the BFC - original plan - today! My daughter and son-in-law have been on it for about a month and have seen some real results although they didn't have much to lose.
I am about 12 pounds above what I like to call my body's set point, but could really lose about 20 and be extremely happy. It seems when I gain weight it is all in my belly which never used to be the case until I turned 50 last October.
I will be looking for support, answers to stupid questions and hopefully some new friendships!
Kristine

Replies

• missie1208
    Options
    Kristine,

Welcome to the BFC way of life. I love this plan! It is so easy to follow and actually fills me up, which is necessary on any plan I am on. (I am not Miss Sweetness and Light when I am hungry! :) I would be happy to answer any questions if I can, or help and encourage you in any way. I would recommend you check out the blogs www.meandjorge.com and purplerosy.blogspot.com. Both Amber and Rosalie (the writers) have lost alot of weight on the BFC and have been featured in Jorge's books. They are a great source of info on all things BFC--and their recipes are really tasty.

Missie
  • dkginger
    dkginger Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Thanks Missie!
    I have been on Amber's blog but didn't know about Rosalie. I will go check her out for sure. The only question I am having is about the timing of things. I read someone's post about their favorite chocolate (sf, of course). If she eats one piece after lunch, it registers as 0/0 for that portion, but if she eats another one later in the day the two count as 0/1. Should she count it as a carb or since she ate them at different times they can be counted separately?
    I know the answer I am looking for is a want-to-be cheat. My red wine is 0/1 (it has 5g of carbs in 5 oz.). But if I pour a 15 oz glass and drink that all at once, technically it is still a 0/1 since it only has 15g of carbs. Of course I know that if I count it that way I am cheating myself out of the program, as THREE 5 oz. glasses of wine will be 0/3, right?
    Also, my daughter says to eliminate fruit or grains until I am at my goal weight (I am looking to drop 12 pounds and have lost 2 in the first 2 days already). I am having trouble getting 25-30g of fiber in without any grains. I discovered avocados are loaded with fiber and I also added garbanzos to my salad for lunch today so I am doing good on fiber today, but yesterday I only got in 12. Jorge says something about not enough fiber and you will be losing "false" belly fat. Any advice here?
    Kristine
  • Escaladex3
    Escaladex3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HI :flowerforyou:
    I am going to try and give this a better try this time. Hope to find friends here to give a helping hand since I keep falling down by myself :noway: I'm 55, 5'3 and need help droping 50lbs, 60 would be better. I'm going to start Monday 7/22.

Thanks-
    Rhonda :smile:
  • missie1208
    Options
    Kristine,
    I am not sure about the timing issue. I just try to count what I am having, right when I am having it, to keep an accurate read out of what I still have left for the day....if that comment makes any sense.

On the wine, I would count it according to what the label says. So if you had 5 oz, then count the s/c from that. If you have more, then that may effect the weight loss differently. Not sure on that.

As far as no grains---this is just my experience....I find that if I cut out all grains completely? I am not losing any more than if I allow myself some grains. You need to do what works for you. Rosalie lost 90 lbs on the BFC doing it the regular way, which includes grains, and she still has grains today. So you just need to figure out if going without the grains works for you or not. I love bread and all types of carbs, so if I am going to stick to a plan, it needs to be something that still lets me have what I want and doesnt cut it out completely. Experiment and do what works for you.

I do very very little fruit on BFC. Occasionally some blueberries or blackberries....all the others have too much sugar in them. Again, you may lose weight while still having some fruit, but I was unable to. Do what works for you. If you are noticing your weight loss stalling, then monitor your fruit intake and maybe cut back. See if that spurs the loss again.
  • missie1208
    Options
    Rhonda,

I will happily be your friend and help you in any way I can. Friend me if you want! :)

I am in the same boat as you....I need to lose 50, but sixty would be fabulous. Let's do this thing!
  • missie1208
    Options
    Kristine and Rhonda,

How are you both doing on the plan?

M
  • phoneill61
    Options
    Kristine:
    Are you still doing BFC? I just started a week ago with my other half. It's going very well and I'm thrilled with the movement on the scale. Just looking for support from others who are still doing the plan. Thanks. Pam
  • ProjecThinspiration
    Options
    Hey!!
    So I'm looking to start on the BFP fast track tomorrow! Would love to start a recipe swap. I fear that not knowing what to eat will be my downfall. I did really well on the program last year but wasnt able to stick to it. However have an aim to now!

Would love the support!!
  • HeadofRed
    HeadofRed Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My books will be here in a few days. Can't wait to start. None still doing this??