Weekly Check-in 7/15 to 7/21

Options
teamryan90
teamryan90 Posts: 359 Member
Hello everyone. Congrats to those who completed Insanity this week. You are all awesome. I will be on another camping trip started today and I will not be back until the 17th. Keep up the awesome job everyone. You all are doing great.

Replies

• beckyyates
    beckyyates Posts: 85
    Options
    Hello everyone. Congrats to those who completed Insanity this week. You are all awesome. I will be on another camping trip started today and I will not be back until the 17th. Keep up the awesome job everyone. You all are doing great.

Have fun camping. I will be out of town too but probably until the 18th or 19th. I am looking forward to 5 days off and no work. Enjoy yourself and have a safe trip.
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Very jealou of both of you. Enjoy your time off. I am taking 1 day this week and it is to bring my parents into Cornell Medical in NYC where my dad is having a heart operation. Very, very low risk operation and he should be fine.

I am trying to get back on track with Insanity and have done the recovery week workout for the past two days picking up where I left off. I more of those and then Fit Test and into the final 3 weeks of Insanity.
  • JonathanBB
    Options
    *jealous.
  • cassi9879
    cassi9879 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Tai Cheng week 11 this week
  • mammymonkey
    Options
    Day 6 of insanity and I lost 2 lbs!! Oh yeah!! Xx
  • JonathanBB
    Options
    WTG mammymonkey ! From the comments I have seen many people don't lose much or even gain a little weight with Insanity but lose inches around their waist and tone up significantly. Congrats on starting and stick with it.

Finished week 5 recovery week and did Fit Test. Will start the second half of Insanity tomorrow. I did a blog post with my results.
  • JonathanBB
    Options
    Insanity Fit Test 3

So I switched to morning workouts and its not working out as well as evening workouts. Definitely harder to get motivated and less energy. My recovery week was a recovery 2 weeks. Boo. Fit Test results suffered as a result of that and less energy in the morning. Also, this time around I think my form was better even if numbers were not.

Prior tests/measurements in first two columns

Switch Kicks: 68 70 69

Power Jacks: 45 50 52

Power Knees: 60 64 70

Power Jumps: 29 37 36

Globe Jumps: 6 7 7

Suicide Jumps: 15 15 11

Push-up Jacks: 20 21 20

Low Plank Obliques: 15 19 25

5' 10" no change : )

163 pounds 165 166.5

Body fat % 28.08 ? ?

Chest 40 41 40

Waist (belly button) 37 36 36

Hips 39 39 38

L Thigh 22 21.5 20.5

R Thigh 22 21 20.5

L Calf 14.5 14.5 15

R Calf 14.5 15 15
  • JonathanBB
    Options
    1st day of month 2 and whoa.

Got up almost early enough. Did Insanity Max Interval Circuit - 60 minutes of OMG! Went from: I got this > I ain't (sic) got this > I can't do it all but I can push a little harder and do a few more> Wow, that was quite a workout laying on the floor spent.
  • jennycasper
    jennycasper Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Got up almost early enough. Did Insanity Max Interval Circuit - 60 minutes of OMG! Went from: I got this > I ain't (sic) got this > I can't do it all but I can push a little harder and do a few more> Wow, that was quite a workout laying on the floor spent.

I think it is terribly cruel to start month 2 with the Max Interval Circuit. I was starting to feel confident and then the DVD starts with Shaun T saying, "This is going to kick your butt!" And it did. And does.
  • teamryan90
    Options
    Very jealou of both of you. Enjoy your time off. I am taking 1 day this week and it is to bring my parents into Cornell Medical in NYC where my dad is having a heart operation. Very, very low risk operation and he should be fine.

I am trying to get back on track with Insanity and have done the recovery week workout for the past two days picking up where I left off. I more of those and then Fit Test and into the final 3 weeks of Insanity.

Hi Jonathan.
    I hope all goes well with your dad and the operation. I hope to be back on track next week with Insanity. I am still have some discomfort in my shoulder. It feels better but I still have days where it feels too tight and I have slight pain.
  • teamryan90
    Options

I think it is terribly cruel to start month 2 with the Max Interval Circuit. I was starting to feel confident and then the DVD starts with Shaun T saying, "This is going to kick your butt!" And it did. And does.

I have heard that month too is like starting Insanity all over again on day 1. Just when you start to get comfortable with month 1 workouts then month 2 makes you feel the same as day 1. Month 2 is where the results really take place. Do your best and it will show in the end. Keep up the great job everyone.
  • beckyyates
    beckyyates Posts: 85
    Options
    July 18th.
    I am back in town and its going to be great to sleep in my bed again. Home sweet home. Back in the grind tomorrow with Tony Horton 10 minute trainers. The past 4 days I have worked out mostly doing cardio at the hotel. Keep up great job everyone.:smile:
  • jamiesillimandunn
    jamiesillimandunn Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Wrapping up Insanity Recovery week !! Ive heard horror stories about month two !! I'm going in with high hopes still, lol...I may just be insane , my focus will be more on form than speed and all since this is my first round with insanity and I don't think my last I just want to get my body in near perfect form and be stronger !! I ALSO WANT THAT TSHIRT !! :laugh: vacation is coming during the second week of the second month ! I think I will scare my inlays doing this at their house :huh:
  • JonathanBB
    Options
    I definitely hurt my lower back today doing Week 6, day 3 Max Cardio Conditioning . Had some mild discomfort after my Insanity morning/Tennis evening Thursday. Very sore (muscle sore) from the Insanity workout today: lots of up and down, planks, suicides, reaching down and across the body moves. Had gotten back in the groove but may need to take tomorrow off to heal. May do 1/2 hour of yoga.
  • JonathanBB
    Options

Thanks. Good to know I am not alone.
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Insanity Week 2 is history. Enjoying my rest day today immensely. Looking forward to doing the Fit Test again Monday...I think :ohwell: LOL -- a little scared, actually. Hoping I've improved somewhat. I do feel stronger in general, but we'll see....
  • teamryan90
    Options
    Insanity Week 2 is history. Enjoying my rest day today immensely. Looking forward to doing the Fit Test again Monday...I think :ohwell: LOL -- a little scared, actually. Hoping I've improved somewhat. I do feel stronger in general, but we'll see....

Awesome job completing week 2. Keep it up You are doing great.
  • alexsandstrom1982
    Options
    7/21 Power 90 Coach Ryan thanks for the email and message on facebook checking up on me. I have been guilty of not logging in or logging my workouts but I am working out. Working out is one thing I make sure I do daily. I am happy to say that I have lost 40 pounds now while doing Power 90. That is so exciting. :smile:
  • teamryan90
    Options
    7/21 Power 90 Coach Ryan thanks for the email and message on facebook checking up on me. I have been guilty of not logging in or logging my workouts but I am working out. Working out is one thing I make sure I do daily. I am happy to say that I have lost 40 pounds now while doing Power 90. That is so exciting. :smile:

Awesome job Alex. The big 40 pounds lost. WTG. You must be on week 9 or 10 now correct? Keep it up you are doing excellent.