Marathon this Winter??

Options
ZenInTexas
ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
Hey everyone, I'm going to be running my first full this January, the Houston Marathon on Jan 19th. And since I don't have any real life running buddies to train with (other than my husband) I would love to have a virtual running club to share training tips with, and commiserate with and just be able to learn from. So if you're going to be training for a full or a half through the fall let's be friends! :smile:

Replies

• DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    We are already friends :P
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'm currently training for marathon #2 on 9/29; then late December / Early January, I'll be starting training in earnest for marathon #3 next April. Feel free to add me; it's always good to have running friends on here.
  • amandamurdaugh
    amandamurdaugh Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request. I'm doing the Tucson marathon Dec 8 & the PF Chang's Rock n Roll AZ 6 weeks later Jan 19, 2014
  • mjpTennis
    mjpTennis Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    Haven't finalized which full it is going to be yet, but I am training for the fall. I am leaning towards one in October on the Seacoast of NH. We're already friends....it will be my first full as well. Someone convinced me I should give it a shot....hmmm..I would be glad to have more running friends as well.
  • WebbyShoo
    WebbyShoo Posts: 115
    Options
    Sadly I believe the only full around here won't be until next May and then August, until then I'll just train as normal and do my usual 10/15k races, but will be here cheering you guys on. :)
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Sadly I believe the only full around here won't be until next May and then August, until then I'll just train as normal and do my usual 10/15k races, but will be here cheering you guys on. :)
    May be you should take a running vacation, little winter holiday somewhere with a marathon to run. :wink:
  • WebbyShoo
    WebbyShoo Posts: 115
    Options
    Hehe. :D I'd love that. I ran for the Arthritis Society once in honour of my mom who had RA in 2001, it was a half in Switzerland! I'd love to sign up and fundraise to do something like that again. Traveling without the family doesn't seem at all possible for a few more years (expensive to bring everyone and they are too young to appreciate it yet)... I don't get to leave the roost often if ya know what I mean. I'm pretty much the only one who can handle my beloved crazy energetic children for long durations of time. O.o
  • Marlene_33
    Marlene_33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Currently training for a half on Sept 22. And plan to run another half in January. I'll send a friend request.:)
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Running my first full in December
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    running my first full in October, but I guess that's not a Winter race..
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I'm not running any marathons this fall / winter (focusing on half-marathons for a while) but I just finished marathon #9 this past weekend and am happy to share advice.
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    As of now I have one marathon scheduled for December, that will probably change as we get closer; I hate to waste all that time off work without some sort of race.
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm running in the California international marathon (CIM) in December!