Starting off with my intro post: Peanut Butter!

Options
This is just me giving you my story- and how I'm trying to change my binges. It's a little late, so I'll have to add more to this later, but the general problem I have with food right now is:

Everyday for the past few weeks (I'm on break from school right now, so I'm just sitting at home with easy access to the kitchen!) I've had a serious binging problem, usually involving sugar and peanut butter. I'd take spoonfuls of honey and peanut butter and eat until the jar was empty. It was truly disgusting (at least, looking back on it now!). I don't even want to know all the calories I knocked back with that unassuming little pink hello kitty spoon (from a froyo shop- it was my favorite utensil for peanut butter binging!)

So yesterday I finished off the last of the peanut butter in the house, and I'm planning to keep my house peanut butter free for at least a month! It's gonna be hard! But as of now, Ive been binge free for twenty four hours... let's make it last forever!

Replies

• cathiwitkowski
    cathiwitkowski Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great job on making it through the first 24!

I'm wondering if it's weird that I can't name ONE trigger food, it could be anything that strikes me as desirable in the moment. The other day for the first time I made sweet potato hummus and it was so delicious I couldn't stop. I did stop at half but that's way too much for a day when supposedly a serving of regular hummus is 3Tbsp... guess I shouldn't be making that anymore.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    that will be hard for us,,,my husband likes to stock up on food when there are sales, I have about 6 jars of peanut butter, maybe I have to hide them?
  • tlog73
    tlog73 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I soooo get where you are coming from. I tell my hubby to hide certain things because if I find them when I'm in a binge mood it's gone. Lately it's been jujubes but Love PB....
  • WebbyShoo
    WebbyShoo Posts: 115
    Options
    Burn all the PB with fire! LOL. No one has been eating it but me, so it's got to go, the kids used to like it, but they got spoiled and would rather Nutella (which surprisingly I don't care for as I'm not an icing person). Some foods are gateway foods... PB and cereal are mine. I make my kids fresh food every morning so we don't do cereal anymore. -.o I've tried cognitive behavioural work, it's helped to an extent, but some days stress and being alone all day for weeks straight (hubby works long days and sometimes not days off for a few months in rotations) is too much for me to take and I pacify.
  • Zenjaeie
    Zenjaeie Posts: 95
    Options
    Great job on making it through the first 24!

I'm wondering if it's weird that I can't name ONE trigger food, it could be anything that strikes me as desirable in the moment. The other day for the first time I made sweet potato hummus and it was so delicious I couldn't stop. I did stop at half but that's way too much for a day when supposedly a serving of regular hummus is 3Tbsp... guess I shouldn't be making that anymore.
    That's because binging happens for different reasons for everyone. I suppose this could be a sign that your binging has more to do with self control, and less with your body actually needing something.