Day 2

I don't know who, how or why but at some point while I was sleeping, someone came into my house and injected my legs with kryptonite and gave me legs that weigh 5 tons each and feel like they are steel. Not in the "buns of steel" way either. That would be great. This is more like don't try to climb stairs because you'll be sweating my the time you get to the top of the staircase 'legs of steel".

Oh, and they also injected my arms with jello and now just holding a hair dryer over my head makes them shake and jiggle like crazy.

I will research this phenomonon and let you know if I can figure out what happened.

Have a great day ladies.

Replies

• rachso
    rachso Posts: 174 Member
    Ha! I actual;ly woke this morning wondering what was up with my calf muscles and why someone would go thru the liberty of cutting my leg open just to switch that muscle out...

Have a feelin the jumping rope could be extra fun today..LOL
  • RilyRily65
    RilyRily65 Posts: 17 Member
    Well I made it through day too but what's up with my calfs? OMG. Of all the things I thought would hurt today, that wasn't what I was expecting. But honestly, the jumping jacks and the jumping rope are seriously killing my knees. i'm treading lightly through those. Now the ab exercises though, I'm loving those.

Day 2 - Check!
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Ok, I'm a little ahead, but the first week is killer and your muscles always hurt but after that it gets better. Not easy mind you but better! So stick with it!
  • Rily - try doing the jumping jacks and jump rope portions as if you are jogging in place. Leave one foot on the floor at all times. If it hurts your knees too much, you don't want to get injured and then not be able to push through.

I learned the hard way with Insanity (couldn't do it) that I need to go at a pace that my body allows me to go until I can even try to keep up with the people on the DVD.
  • JustDeena
    JustDeena Posts: 40 Member
    Rily I agree with jogging in place, that is what I do with a lot of the jumping.

I started feeling my workout last night before I went to bed, pretty much at the point I had quit moving as much for the day. I took some ibuprofen, and crashed out. Woke up this morning a little sore, but muscled through Day 2! Depending on how I feel tomorrow I may try to do Day 3 before taking a rest day.

Remember to stay hydrated! It helps a ton, I can tell a huge difference in my endurance if I am well hydrated compared to not! :)
  • KRoth416
    KRoth416 Posts: 37 Member
    I "skipped" Day One :-/ ugh SOOO I will be doing it todaayyyy, so MAD at myself!
  • rachso
    rachso Posts: 174 Member
    Day two completed. The jumping rope really got to me for some reason today but I feel accomplished. However, the way my legs feel they may be the most fit thing after this is all said and done. LOL
  • Done. Really wanted to push the stop button, but I didn't. I knew I'd have to answer to myself and to say I didn't do what I said I would. I'm tired but like everyone else feel great when it's finished.
  • JustDeena
    JustDeena Posts: 40 Member
    Yesterday I stayed moving most the day until evening so the soreness did not really kick in till late, today I have been fairly sedentary just because I hung out with a friend and we just sat and gabbed all afternoon while the kids swam... At this point I am wishing I would have swam with them! OUCH!
  • GamerGirly
    GamerGirly Posts: 158 Member
    Day 2 done. Was a lot easier than yesterday. I usually run on my lunch break but, i found myself in a catatonic stage after day 1 sooo I opted to not run today. Going to only run on odd days and see if that is manageable ;)
  • KRoth416
    KRoth416 Posts: 37 Member
    Finished a day late, but feel great today!!
  • altaroxy
    altaroxy Posts: 56 Member
    I completed day 3. Still pretty sore but it feels good to be doing something.
  • doronajay
    doronajay Posts: 222 Member
    Congrats to all of you for pushing through!

I had an emergency yesterday which stole my afternoon and evening. So, yesterday was my rest day. I will plow into Day 3 tonight...

Have a good day!
  • katydid29
    katydid29 Posts: 18 Member
    Day 2 was my rest day as well. I gave a pint of blood!!! here is on to day 3
  • kokorae
    kokorae Posts: 64 Member
    Had to skip Day 2, I was walking like a 90 year old! :( Just stuck to some stretching in anticipation of Day 3.
  • kittiesandbooks
    kittiesandbooks Posts: 11 Member
    Just finished d2! I woke up a little sore this morning and got progressively more sore as the day went on! I couldn't do all the butt kicks and jump ropes, but I jogged in place when I needed to and kept moving. The abs and strength training are much easier (although "easy" isn't the right word!) for me than the cardio. However, at least I didn't collapse on the floor with nausea today! I'm ready to keep pushing!