Protein

Options
Morning sisters!!

As we continue in our fitness journeys...nutrition becomes vital. Protein is a very important key in building lean muscle. After each workout...you have 45 mins to intake 20g of protein. This allows your body the right metabolic promotion that it needs to continue the burn the calories from your workout, it influences protein synthesis which is needed in order to build and repair muscle tissue, and it helps mediate the immunosuppressive effects of intense exercise. Natural proteins are best like the ones found in meats, nuts and some veggies, but protein rich supplements ok as well. I eat lots of lean meats..but after my workouts I drink Isopure creamy vanilla 0 carb protein powder. I make a PB&J shake. Yes, it tastes just like a PB&J sandwich!!!

Recipe

1 cup of apple juice
1 banana (for potassium)
5 whole strawberries
1 ice cream scoop of peanut butter (all natural also a good source of protein 7g)
1 scoop of isopure creamy vanilla 0 carb protein powder

Blend well. This is shake is 465 calories and 32g of protein. (it is a meal replacement shake)

The Recommended Daily Allowance of protein calculation (by body weight) is

Divide your goal body weight (or current weight if you are at the weight that you want to be) by 2.2 then multiply that number by 0.8. That number is the amount of protein you need per day.

Ex: 185 (my goal weight)/2.2= 84
84*0.8= 67.2 (the amount in grams of protein in need per day)

Remember to consume at least 20g of that overall amount no more than 45 mins after you workout!!!

ENJOY!!!

Replies

• nathotte
    nathotte Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love all the simple calculations you give to help keep on track with all the intake we should have during the day :) Thanks for the help.
  • carlamsimmons
    Options
    No a problem :flowerforyou: