21-Day Sugar Detox

Options
Has anyone done it? I'm thinking about giving it a try, so I'd love to hear opinions!

Replies

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I'm not that anal about Paleo and probably follow it 80/90% of the time so I probably wouldn't do it. I do avoid sugar like the plague most days though. If I get it from fruit I'm fine with it, but I usually don't eat more than 1 serving of fruit a day.
  • whatjesseats
    whatjesseats Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I bought the program manual and started on July 1 and like it so far.

June was my first month on paleo and I overdid it on fruit and paleo treats with honey. I plan to stretch it out to 31 days, but that's only because I have a few planned cheats this month.
  • hollycreel
    hollycreel Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I did a 21-day sugar detox through another program that worked really well for me. It was hard, but at the end my sugar cravings were almost completely gone. It was a total 21-day cleanse, no gluten, sugar or other sweeteners, soy, or dairy. It was a very good cleanse, but not something I would do for longer than 21-days. :)
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I was invited to do it along with Pamela Martha Focker (aka Paleo Thug Life on IG and FB). I'm thinking of giving it a go.
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I'm essentaially doing something similar with the Whole30--day 17. I'm still sniffing my husband's doughnut bag at this point, though :grumble:
  • mindi73
    mindi73 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have done 2 - 21 DSD's since February. The first was my kickoff into getting healthy. The first week was miserable but my the middle of the second week I had so much energy. I did the middle level where I kept the dairy in. I did my 2nd in April and cut the dairy out completely. I lost weight in both and I learned that I needed to cut back on dairy but not cut it out completely. I don't seem to have an inflammatory response to high fat dairy. Also, I had no idea how difficult it is to find food that is dairy free.

Besides giving up dairy, the other tough part was giving up alcohol. I don't drink very much. In fact I really don't drink anything at all during the week but at social events I do enjoy a tall glass of club soda with vodka and some fresh squeezed lemon and lime juice. I did miss that for the few weeks.

Overall...I think the 21 Day Sugar Detox is great for getting you on track and I love that it is a 3 week commitment to yourself and your health. I would gladly do another one again if you are looking for people to share the experience.

Last thing...it is a little different than the whole 30 because you can still have squash, sweet potato/yams and some higher glycemic fruits. 21 DSD cuts all of that out completely.

748435.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Also, I had no idea how difficult it is to find food that is dairy free.

My 3yo son is allergic to caesin...yeah, dairy is in pretty much EVERYTHING (processed).