Weight Update ! Gain? Loss?

Options
mommy_hood
mommy_hood Posts: 100 Member
Here we Go !

First Update ! I would like to see one every month and this will be our first !!! please tell us how many weeks you are what your current gain/loss is and what your goal is or what you would like to see !

Also let us know how you are feeling about that weight gain or loss !

Replies

• mommy_hood
    mommy_hood Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am 10 weeks 5 days I started this pregnancy I am guessing around 225 according to my weight report around conception to first positve ( hit a plateau and now I understand why ! lol )

My first doctor visit I was 222.6 (5 weeks 4 days) , I am now 218.6 but I am considered "obese" (ughh) so my doctor is fine with me losing a little bit of weight.

Our goal for this pregnancy is 10 pound gain and this is my 3rd pregnancy but my youngest is 7 so it has been awhile since I have been pregnant :)

I am happy about my weight loss and following everything real well... My husband still wants me to eat and not happy about the weight loss. My husband is really overdoing the "eating for two " thing and doesn't understand I just need 100 calories more for baby right now not 1000 calories more... oh well.... me and the doctor are happy !

I am only eating when I am hungry I also have had no morning sickness or nausea so I have been very lucky , was not lucky with my other two which were girls which makes me wonder if this is a boy ..... hmmmm lol
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I am 11 weeks 3 days. I have gained 2.5 pounds. I had mono over the winter and put on 25 pounds. Lol. So I was just getting back in a good routine and lost almost 20 of it when I found out I was pregnant. I started at 204. I would like to only go back up to 224. We mill see. I gained 87 pounds with my son though. But I didn't workout or monitor what I was eating like I am now.
  • mrs_n0rris
    mrs_n0rris Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm 12 weeks 5 days and gained 1.5 pounds (I think, I'll get the official number at my doctor's appointment in 2 weeks). I'm hoping to gain at a reasonable rate, hopefully on the smaller end of the 25-35 lb range but we'll see!
  • scienceteacherAK
    scienceteacherAK Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Just got back from my NT scan and baby was such a squiggly wiggly little thing! So cute =) Sonographer is supposedly really good and even ventured to say we are having a girl. My midwife says he is like 95% accurate if he is confident enough to even guess at this point.

Anyway, I am 12w1d (EDD 1/27/14), and two weeks before my BFP I was at 199- I am 5'4". At 8 weeks I was at 202, today I was again at 202 before drinking anything. I weighed in at the appt as two pounds more than 8 weeks though, I am assuming because I drank a liter of water so my bladder would be full for the ultrasound.

I got a copy of my medical records because my husband and I are going on a cruise next week- reading through them made me so depressed! The word obese appeared more than once- so depressing (usually I don't think much about it, I am a size 12). I can't wait to get back on track after I deliver a healthy babe!
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I've been fluctuating week to week. I actually lost a couple of pounds right before I found out, and am staying right around that weight. I am 8 1/2 weeks so there is no reason for me to be gaining at this point, but that hasn't stopped me in the past.
  • KatRamsay
    KatRamsay Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I am 14 weeks and due 12th jan. I have been maintaining, although I did have some weightless it's starting to come back on. My aim is to keep weight gain to a minimum as I am considered obese. So far this little baby is only letting me have fruit due to intense nausea. So no choice but to eat little and often and definitely low fat foods.

Kat
  • Pokee1
    Pokee1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm at 6 weeks and have already gained 12 lbs but it's all fluid from my IVF procedure. Supposedly I should lose most of it around 10-12 weeks. So I'm hoping not to gain much these first few months and then let it all even out. Today I'm weighing in at 150.
  • mommyblessed7
    mommyblessed7 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi! im 13 1/2 weeks and I have gain 7lbs so far.. Im totally amazed I havent gained more because I have to eat every 10 minutes or Ill barf! Plus its all carb stuff I want :( Finally getting to where i can eat better food but it has been rough! Glad to know you gals are here!!
    my start weight was 128
    Now im 135
    my goal is 35 pounds but who knows if ill make it! lol
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! I am 12.5 weeks and have gained 12 pounds so far. YIKES! Excessive amounts of carbs helped with morning sickness, so I have spent the past 2 months literally just stuffing my face constantly. Even now, as soon as my stomach feels slightly empty, I get nauseated. Right now, I am working on getting my sodium and calories under control and eating ample amounts of fruits and veggies. I also want to start walking 30 minutes every day.
  • ricochette55
    ricochette55 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm 11w5d and I haven't gained or lost anything so far, whoop!
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    12w2d

I had gained 1-2 lbs but as of today I am down 1.5lbs so a net gain of .5lbs. I don't eat well at all...baby loves cheeseburgers and fast food is great as I have been too exhausted to cook. I snack on fruit at work (canned pineapple or applesauce). Hoping that when the nausea subsides and I get some energy back, I can cook again.
  • AngelineTheBaker
    AngelineTheBaker Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm six weeks and lost a pound but I'm sure it's just water weight
  • rainysue34
    rainysue34 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    16w3d

For the first two months or so I didn't realize I was pregnant so I was doing a small calorie reduction and a lot more exercising. I lost eight pounds and was finally back to 135 (my starting weight for my first pregnancy). Since finding out, I've gained back about four pounds. I'm currently about six pounds lighter than I was at this same point in my first pregnancy. Last time I gained 45pounds--definitely don't want to do that again...
  • livs_mom
    livs_mom Posts: 37
    Options
    6 weeks tomorrow. I'm a little ashamed to say I had a pre-pregnancy appointment beginning of June and I probably weigh 1-2 pounds more now than I did at that appointment. I'm nervous at my Doctor's response when I finally go in for an appointment. I've been having a really hard time with motivation lately. I'm hoping to get more exercise in and trying to get back into consistently tracking my food since now I'm trying to stay healthy for two!
  • happysocks
    happysocks Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 13 wks today :)

I've had a gain of 5lbs :( Most of that was before I realised that I was pregnant - my sister in law came to visit for a month and we had many meals out and no exercise so I'm blaming that.

Start weight: 154.3 lbs
    Current weight (wk 13): 159lbs.

Does anyone know when the average time to start to show is ? I'm trying to keep it from work for as long as possible !
  • kittychan91
    kittychan91 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    pre-pregnancy i was 220-225 ish. im now down to 205. 7 lbs of that loss was due to horrible morning sickness i had for a week that i couldnt keep anything down [i got on meds for it now tho] but im still losing. im 11 weeks 3 days right now, so pretty soon i'll be gaining i hope
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I am 16 weeks today with a baby girl and am due 1/02/2014. I gained quickly in the beginning but I think that was mostly because of progesterone supplements. SInce stopping those a few weeks ago, I have been able to maintain. Right now I'm at +5 from when I started. I also had a lot of MS (still do) and crappy food/carbs have been how I have been able to survive (this poor baby is going to be made out of crappy McDonald's cheeseburgers). It's funny because before PG, I was a really clean eater....now, not so much but I digress. I am also in the obese to start with boat, so I really want to gain under 20 lbs. Hopefully I can continue to maintain for a while!
  • mommyblessed7
    Options
    Jen I can relate .. I was total paleo before getting pg! Ive eaten more fast food since getting pg than Ive eaten in 5 or so yrs! Honestly weeks 7/8 til abt 12 I couldnt look at salad... with the exception of a few times :P Now its on the upswing but still not the best yet! But Im changing it slowly :D
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Jen I can relate .. I was total paleo before getting pg! Ive eaten more fast food since getting pg than Ive eaten in 5 or so yrs! Honestly weeks 7/8 til abt 12 I couldnt look at salad... with the exception of a few times :P Now its on the upswing but still not the best yet! But Im changing it slowly :D

I am normally a huge veggie/fruit/protein fan too but not right now....I can't look at veggies for the most part and even most fruit is yuck to me (or leaves a horrible bitter/metallic taste in my mouth). Meat is the worst......I can handle crappy fast food meat but not a grilled chicken breast for some reason. If I could get away with it, I would eat nothing but Roasted Garlic Triscuits! I had every intention of filling this baby up with nothing but great healthy food....unfortunatelly, it's not working out that way. Here's to hoping this gets better soon! :drinker:
  • mommyblessed7
    Options
    Its just good to not be alone!! :) it will get better soon!