WHAT'S FOR DINNER TONIGHT!

Options
DFineMrsRicks
DFineMrsRicks Posts: 66 Member
Ladies, share your favorite healthy meal ideas or recipes. If you would like to share a healthy snack or any new healthy food alternatives or products, SHARE!! We all need new ideas to keep this journey interesting.

Replies

• dutchess4884
    Options
    Fresh spinach and roasted chicken on top of brown rice and a glass of wine. Yummy!
  • Pinkprettyplz
    Pinkprettyplz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I willl be enjoying my GNC Total Lean vanilla bean shake! Doesn't sound so exciting, I know lol
  • dutchess4884
    Options
    I willl be enjoying my GNC Total Lean vanilla bean shake! Doesn't sound so exciting, I know lol

I use the costco ones for breakfast and there Yummy! Sounds great to me !
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    zludk8.jpg

I made a broccoli and chicken stir-fry :smile:
  • Andrezia
    Andrezia Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That looks so yummy, please do share that recipe.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I make a marinade with the following:

1 Cup Low Sodium Tamari
    1/2 Cup Olive Oil
    1 Tblsp Ground Ginger
    2 Tblsp Smoked Paprika
    4 cloves Garlic
    Splash of Lemon Juice
    Pinch of Stevia (If you have packets, I use 2 packets...But you can leave this out completely...I just like a bit of sweetness)
    Salt and Pepper to taste (careful on the salt!)

Throw it all in a food processor or blender to combine.

I use this for EVERYTHING!!! It makes about a cup and a half that you can just put in a jar and keep in the fridge.

I just chopped up some boneless/skinless chicken thighs and stir-fried the chicken and broccoli with a bit of that marinade :)
  • Chrisy2013
    Options
    A sweet potato, 1/2 cup of green beans and cucumbers in vinegar.! Small and simple.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Normally I cook and have a fairly balanced meal (last night was a pasta bake with ground turkey, the night before was chicken and spinach curry). Tonight however I'm having a girls night, with pizza and wine. :drinker:
  • scubar17
    scubar17 Posts: 43
    Options
    Tonight's menu: marinated grilled Swordfish with a mixed green salad of mushrooms, tomatoes, cucumbers, candied pecans, and high quality balsamic vinegar and olive oil.

BOOM!

OMG was it good...I shoulda taken a picture!
  • trodney1104
    trodney1104 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow! I don't really care for fish but that meal sounds wonderful! Actually I eat Tilapia once n a while. Never had Swordfish though.
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Baked spare ribs with a side salad. Nothing special :/
  • tamikawoodson
    tamikawoodson Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    side salad of romaine lettuce and cherry tomatoes, grilled turkey burger
  • DFineMrsRicks
    Options
    I l:heart: curry chicken. I also use it on pork chops.
  • DFineMrsRicks
    Options
    Tonight I am going to make a turkey meatloaf for dinner with sweet potato yam patties. I love yam patties because it's a quick and easy side dish, plus it curves my sweet tooth.
  • dav2363
    dav2363 Posts: 12
    Options
    Tonight's dinner Grilled Fish with squash and onion, simple
  • dav2363
    dav2363 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi, how do you make yam patties, sounds good and healthy
  • DFineMrsRicks
    Options
    I get the sweet potato yam patties from the freezer section at the grocery store. I am from the south, so if you are from up north, the stores there may not carry them. You put them in the oven for about 10 -15 minutes; sometimes I put cinnamon and a Pam spray on it. It is really yummy and filling.
  • pabedwards
    pabedwards Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    IT'S SO HOT! I lose my appetite when temps go up so high. I need a suggestion on something light and refreshing for dinner. Help me out Ladies!
  • tamikawoodson
    tamikawoodson Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    In the summer, I put my GeorgeForman grill to work and grill chicken, burgers, salmon etc and pair it with a salad or some fresh fruit. I hate to cook and now that my son has gone to college, I don't have to worry about cooking dinner for 2.
  • Menamia
    Menamia Posts: 2
    Options
    With all this heat, tonight am going to drink my dinner, smiles. I Going to make a Green Smoothie, spinach, peaches, blueberries, flaxmeal, scoop of vanilla protein powder and water/ice! Yummy