Day 3 - Poke a fork in it...coz you are DONE...LOL

Options
Hey All,
Good Morning!!

Ok...so don't now about you but I have to add more weight....(except for shoulders as that's a smaller muscle) but every other exercise, such as squats, biceps, etc....I need to "up" the weight. How about you? Today was much better than Day 1, ....I can see myself progressively getting stronger....feels awesome.
Hope you are all doing well my friends!

Replies

• cgirly007
    cgirly007 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!!

I use 5 lb weights and they are still a bit much, so Im probably going to be sticking with them for a while. Today still kicked my butt but was a little easier than yesterday because I wasnt as sore. I was able to do more of the cardio part without stopping as much too. The only thing is that I used my heart rate monitor for the first time with this work out and I didnt burn as many calories as MFP says when I log it as circuit training. A little dissapointing but at least I have an accurate burn. Keep pushing everyone :-)
  • coral_b
    coral_b Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I too burn less than MFP- so I go with my HRM.
    today- I did ALL The push ups (girly style) and day one I only did 3!
    Also those side lunge/lift things, I only needed a breather before the last 2. Feeling better! Sore,but stronger.
    3 down- 27 go :D
    Excited for weight in next week!
  • altaroxy
    altaroxy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Day 3 accomplished. I usually take a sip of water at several of the transitions. Not really a break. I am still doing the girl push ups too. Still pretty sore but I feel good knowing that I am doing something that will make me strong and healthy. I have been thinking about adding some extra cardio in the evenings, a run or a bike ride, but it has been soooo hot.
  • robinlynn8
    robinlynn8 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Woohoo day 3 done and feeling good!! Does it drive anyone else crazy when Jillian calls the girls buddy all the time lol!? What's the line she says towards the end when your abs are on fire? "When you feel that knot in your stomach you know it's working" ? ;)
  • SweetSindelle
    SweetSindelle Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Today was a bit harder for me. I think it may be because I didn't sleep well last night sue to the heat. I just felt drained and lacked energy. :( I completed my workout but struggled with some of the cardio like jumping jacks and jump rope. *sigh* However, my soreness is going away and I'm feeling stronger, just need to work on building my energy levels.
  • quitkidding
    quitkidding Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Day 3 Done! I think I'm going to try 5 lbs for everything except those lateral raises with the side lunge. I think I've memorized everything she says! All those little comments like "They don't even cheat when I'm up here not looking."
  • missdelajay
    missdelajay Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Day 3 done! Added 60 mins. of yoga too. Make sure everyone is taking measurements instead of just weighing. I'm already losing some inches but not weight so be mindful of that and don't give up ????
  • aznaom
    aznaom Posts: 11
    Options
    You got this buddy....And anyone notice how much the "advanced" girl cheats??! My friend and her husband started doing this before I did and she talked about during one of the moves he farted really loud and without skipping a beat said "You hear THAT?! That's just the fear leaving your body!!" HAHA :laugh:
  • HollyAlt12
    HollyAlt12 Posts: 10
    Options
    You got this buddy....And anyone notice how much the "advanced" girl cheats??! My friend and her husband started doing this before I did and she talked about during one of the moves he farted really loud and without skipping a beat said "You hear THAT?! That's just the fear leaving your body!!" HAHA :laugh:

Hey-ya "buddy" lol...you are hilarious! Proud of you! Can't wait till you move back!!!!
  • HollyAlt12
    Options
    Woohoo day 3 done and feeling good!! Does it drive anyone else crazy when Jillian calls the girls buddy all the time lol!? What's the line she says towards the end when your abs are on fire? "When you feel that knot in your stomach you know it's working" ? ;)

Meeeeeeeeeeeeee tooooooooooo!!! BUDDY! :laugh: Those last abs KILL me! Well, just got home...going to get my SHRED on soon!
  • rajathwalharris
    Options
    Hey Ladies!!!!

I love reading all your posts.....so funny!!!! but remember, if you are looking for the modification on the jumping jack....well she's not gonna give it to us....because she has 400 lb people doing jumping jacks....so can we!!!! LOL......yes, the buddy thing does get a bit much at times......but I just try to tune it out....LOL....."try" being the word....but it's hard...LOL.
    Day 4 is just around the bend.....wow, this is going alot quicker then I thought.....awesome!!!
    One of the gals said that she is going to keep use the 3 lb weights....I know that's just as effective....because of the reps that jillian does....you are actually working hard....doesn't matter if you are lifting 5 or even 10 lbs..... I just know for shoulders (it's smaller muscle) ...you have to be careful...you dont want a rotator injury...better safe ....so you can make it for the next 27 days too right.....
    I was just wondering..for the ladies that do this first thing in the morning, do you do the w/o on an empty stomach? I do...i eat my breakfast right after....just wondered what y'all were doing.

Have a great DAY 4, we got this :)
  • aznaom
    Options
    I'm getting ready to mute it and turn on music next time...TOO much silliness to listen too....but then again, I wont get to hear my FAVORITE part!! FIVE more bicycle crunches! Count them down!! :love:
  • HollyAlt12
    Options
    Well, I'm getting the shredding in late tonight, but better later than never, right? Been running around since early morning & still feeling my thighs burn from the previous days. Got home & got to put the trash out to the curve in a down pour of rain! Awesome "cool down" before my SWEATY workout! :wink: Now for some serious maintenance - I'm hitting the shower!

And yes, I'm about to put on some good workout music too, but then pause so I can listen to the last bicycle count down at the end too! Most favorite part!

I'm going to take my measurements tonight & will retake measurements every 10 days. I'm waiting till I hit day 30 to weigh so I can give myself that WOW factor! I'm pumped!

Proud of all of us! 27 more days to go!
  • aznaom
    Options
    Holly! I need to tape off or break my scale!! EVERYDAY I walk past saying "I'm NOT going to weigh....I'm NOT going to weigh!" Then of course I jump on! I need to throw it out the window! :grumble:
  • aznaom
    Options
    HAVE lost almost an inch in my arms over past week though! That shows me a lot more then a stupid scale!
  • HollyAlt12
    Options
    YES! I always loose inches first :tongue: then pounds...REALLY looking forward for these pounds to drop!
  • SweetSindelle
    SweetSindelle Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering..for the ladies that do this first thing in the morning, do you do the w/o on an empty stomach? I do...i eat my breakfast right after....just wondered what y'all were doing.

Here's my daily routine:

I do my Shred first thing in the morning as soon as I get out of bed. I have a half/full glass of water and then I start. I don't eat until after. I'm not a breakfast person so it doesn't bother me to wait a bit. I know it's recommended to eat within an hour of waking up but I'm just not hungry. I get up, I shred, I shower, I get ready for work, and then I eat once I get to work. Usually about 2-2.5 hours after I get up. I have a desk job so not a whole lot of movement, but I try to get up once an hour for a walk down the hallway. I usually have to go to the washroom anyways with all the water I'm drinking. *sigh*

When I get home from work, I eat dinner, let it settle, then I do Jillian's Ripped in 30 workout. It's similar to the 30 day shred. Seems to be a few minutes longer although I'm not sure why cause its based on the same concept as the 30 day shred. After my ripped workout, I take my dog for a quick 10 min walk around the block and then I'm done. (he's a pug so around the block is about as much as he can handle...lol)

The scale calls my name every morning!! I can't help but jump on it before my shower. I never really stay on to get a full read, just long enough to know if I'm up or down. I do my official weigh on someone else's scale every 2 weeks.
  • DrSelenaMyers
    DrSelenaMyers Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Thank God, day 3 done!! It a little more difficult to get through the workout, although maybe more mental than physical because I waited too late in the afternoon to work out and having to think about doing it all day. Will strive to get 30 DS done in the A.M. However, I'm so proud of myself and each of you for kicking butt these 3 days!! 27 more to go!! We got this!! :love:
  • aznaom
    Options
    Thank God, day 3 done!! It a little more difficult to get through the workout, although maybe more mental than physical because I waited too late in the afternoon to work out and having to think about doing it all day. Will strive to get 30 DS done in the A.M. However, I'm so proud of myself and each of you for kicking butt these 3 days!! 27 more to go!! We got this!! :love:

SO proud of you !!!!!! What a day you have!
  • MadisunX
    MadisunX Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Day 3 DONE!! I did better than the previous days - definitely less sore. I find that I loosen up and my performance improves after the first 5 minutes of the DVD. I think I need more than a 3 min warm-up. 27 more days!! Good idea on taking measurements. I'll do that today.