Day 1 of C25K plan

Options
mel1954
mel1954 Posts: 12 Member
Anyone else doing this programme? I had seen people commenting on it but had no idea what it was all about so googled it and decided to give it a go. So far so good!

Would love to exchange views and ideas with others.

Replies

• ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Good luck I completed it a few years ago now, was talking about it this morn on our 45 min run, that first week of running was so hard, much harder than this morns! Worth sticking with it.
  • mel1954
    mel1954 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks, definitely will try to stick to it, really need to get off my backside and get some exercise done lol! x
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hey :)
    I just completed day 2 of the Zombie run version :)
    I think its a great introduction to running
    Hope its going well for you
    x
  • SuziJones1982
    SuziJones1982 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've just done the same and googled C25K plan. I'd love to do something like that but really don't know whether I can (sounds pathetic I know). How are you getting on?
  • ChetThaker
    ChetThaker Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I did 1.5 weeks worth but had to stop because I caught a cold - not related to c25k ;0)

Plannng to restart week 2 next week after I finish a 60-day home DVD programme I have been doing on Friday and will see it through to the end. I quite enjoyed the running and this is from someone who has never ever been a runner so looking forward to being able to run a 5K (and beyond hopefully).
  • paul_draper
    paul_draper Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I completed it nearly 2 years ago and was soon going out for 2 hour runs. Please keep this programme up, you may have the odd day when it's hard to get started and you may find you need to repeat a week or even go back and restart but it will be worth it in the end.
  • RTDice
    RTDice Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I've just seen a post about parkruns.org.uk and there is a weekly 5K run about 10mins away, so I'm thinking of giving it a try. At my size I'm not going to break any course records, but it would be nice to pick up the pace a bit (I currently walk 5k in about 52/55 mins).
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Good luck with it, I'm nearly finishing it for the 2nd time round. After my first round, I went on to do bridge 2 10k before having a break from running.

This time round, I'm not making time to do any strength training like last time and I really miss it, my body felt so much stronger when it came to the longer running intervals. If you get the chance, I would recommend some strength training on your rest days, specially if you feel you're struggling with stamina, I wish I had this time!

Good luck! (Again!)
  • RayChalloner
    Options
    Mel, how did it go? I'm just starting week 2, it is a little hard but beginning to get used to it..........
  • daddysquish
    Options
    I'm starting week 1 day 2today. Legs still sore from day 1.