Plank Twists

Options
hannamarie88
hannamarie88 Posts: 231 Member
WHAT ARE THESE DEMON MOVES?!?!? Just kidding. But also let's throw in the walk-out push ups. And pretty much all of level 2 -- has anyone survived the full 10 days in this level? I'm on day 4 tonight and I have to stop to prevent myself from dying (less and less as the days go on).

Replies

• BurningAway
    BurningAway Posts: 279
    Options
    I love both of those exercises LOL i love the plank twists and the walk out push ups :) the walk out push ups are easier for me then normal ones how wierd is that!?
  • hannamarie88
    Options
    I love both of those exercises LOL i love the plank twists and the walk out push ups :) the walk out push ups are easier for me then normal ones how wierd is that!?

That is fortunate for you! Haha. I weigh quite a whole lot so anything where I have to support the entire weight of my body on my arms/hands (somewhat) is pretty challenging for me. But I'm getting better! I do the hold instead of a push up on the walk-outs. But they were both somewhat easier today :D
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Just wait until day 6 or 7 of level 2 and you won't hate these as much. I didn't like those oblique twists in one of her cardio circuits. My upper body just couldn't get it together with my lower body and I looked like a fish flopping out of the water, standing lol

Wait until Level 3...there's some walking pushups that are killer!

Great just making your way through level 2!
  • hannamarie88
    Options
    Tonight is day 5... So I'm almost there! Level 2 is also the jumpy oblique twist things and I too look ridiculous and want to die during those. I get to do this level in the same building as my husband's family starting Sunday because of vacation haha. But that will be Day 7 at least... leveling up, not at my house, has me nervous. But I am DETERMINED to finish in as close to 30 days as possible. Saturdays have become my defacto rest days and since I am traveling all of Saturday it fits this week too (and the next Saturday).

Phew. This workout kills me, but I love it.

....walking pushups sound terrifying...
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    I didn't do mine for 30 days; I couldn't. I read somewhere on the MFP boards that Jillian suggests that you incorporate rest days, for example: 30DS day, 30DS day, rest day, 30DS day, 30DS day, 30DS day, cardio day.

I tried to do 3 days straight of 30DS and then had my rest day, but my boyfriend and I also hike a lot on weekends and I got a good burn then too.

Good luck! and I wish you success! Just remember, on days when you're feeling ridiculous, you're doing this to make yourself a better you! :) Just think, after you finish Jillian's 30 DS workout program....if you choose do redo 30DS, you'll be able to do it better and faster, and you'll get great results again! :)
  • jen0m
    jen0m Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I finished level 2 on Tuesday & started level 3 last night. I found the walking push-ups ok easier for me to do as I can't do normal push-ups as well!! But you will find it easier as you go. I feel that, I didn't do the plank twists properly. Level 3 is a different ball game - I'm finding it quite tough but determined to make it to the 30th day!
    Good luck!
  • greenmm25
    greenmm25 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Me too! I can't do a standard push-up to save my life but those aren't difficult for me, hmm I wonder why? and the plank twists are supposed to help your abs but I don't feel it there I wonder if I am doing them wrong, and yes I have finished 10 days of level 2 and lived to tell about it.