Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    good luck!, you can do this!
  • mggriso
    mggriso Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like, I am fairly new on here. Did weight watchers and lost 3 stone, put a stone back on and then tried again but lost nothing. Doing the 5:2 now and limiting myself on non fast days, seems to be working. Good luck :happy:
  • sammycat1
    sammycat1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Encouragement coming at ya. You can do this!! We all can :)

I piled on the pounds when my son left home and country! Very slowly but surely coming off.
  • OhLeita
    OhLeita Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Post what your obstacles are here. At our age, they might be different than in the general areas. I wager I have many of the same and certain you'll get a lot of helpful feedback.

Worse case, you'll not feel alone! :wink:
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Exercise! I know its not one wants to hear, but its helped me SO much. It was the missing key for me. Many years of trying to lose weight, keep it off and not succeeding. I started exercising regularly and the weight just came off.
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I focus on a healthy lifestyle and the weight follows. Even if it's slow sometimes, at least I know that every day I'm getting healthier and headed in the right direction. Exercise too... it's not my favorite thing to do, but I started off just walking and it helped a lot not just with the weight, but also how I felt about myself and my surroundings.
  • Caribou2u
    Caribou2u Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What kind of exercise did you/do you do? Just wondering...
  • deedee710
    deedee710 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Glad you are here! You are definately not alone on the starting over train I'm right there with you.... I know there are a few others here too. From what I've read just in the past few days this is a very supportive bunch and i am glad I found them. hope you will be too. Add me as a friend if you want so we can support each other.

Dee
  • Montrose11
    Montrose11 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm on that train, too. It will be three weeks tomorrow that I logged back on here and I'm so glad I did!

It's great to have a board dedicated to ladies "our" age. I am post menopausal and I don't know how that will affect weight loss this time around. I seem to be losing, but I don't have a scale -- that's why I'm here. I never wanted to face up to reality.

I'm going to keep on weighing and measuring and doing my Leslie Sansone workouts. I found it works better for me to get up an hour earlier to do them instead of relying on having enough energy when I get home from work.

I feel better this time around. Remind me of that when I don't log on!! In the meantime, I look to you all for support.

xoxo Montrose
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    For me I have to be mentally ready and put my all into it. It is not enough just to really want to lose the weight. I have to be focused and mentally ready. I joined MFP last year in March. I gave up after a few weeks. I was doing pretty good and then my Father-in-law became ill and passed away. We were out of state for over 2 weeks eating crap fast food and no exercise. Then when we got back home I got really sick for a month, then had a rotator cuff injury in July. So I gave up I never got on MFP again until February of this year. I just couldn't get in the right frame of mind until then. On Christmas day I could not fit into my size 14 good dress slacks that I wore 9 months before to the funeral. With the injury about all I could do besides feel sorry for myself was sit around the house and eat comfort foods. So February 1st after my physical therapy ended, I came back and started eating healthier. My main thing was giving up soda, the regular coke. I have lost 35lbs since then. I would still like to lose another 10, but I am in no hurry. I have been maintaining 130lbs for a month now. Good Luck, you can do this.
  • grannysmith54
    grannysmith54 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    This is my 3rd time around, I am realy going to try hard this time, I have faith in you that you will make it, at least you are trying, it will take time, don't get discouraged ( I wish this site had spell check:wink: ) I'm not a great speller, anyway just keep on the right track, good luck.
  • deedee710
    deedee710 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love it!!! I have a whole series of Leslie Sansone tapes. I used to belong to her website...I don't think it's there anymore...lol
    I'll have to dust them off and walk away the pounds again with you:wink:
  • MsCarlalalala
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request. Starting over is hard, but you've taken the biggest step coming back. You can do this. :smile:
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I go all day great and blow it at night, the other thing is I don't like to cook when I don' feel good, so if there isn't something handy it is often take out pizza.
  • K9Lover
    K9Lover Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Whoops....user error. Sorry.
  • K9Lover
    K9Lover Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    1yoyoKAT said:
    I focus on a healthy lifestyle and the weight follows. Even if it's slow sometimes, at least I know that every day I'm getting healthier and headed in the right direction. Exercise too... it's not my favorite thing to do, but I started off just walking and it helped a lot not just with the weight, but also how I felt about myself and my surroundings.

122 pounds lost! Congratulations! You're an inspiration. :-)
  • patriciawalker1960
    patriciawalker1960 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We can encourage one another.............So nice to know that someone else is in MY BOAT!
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    This is such a great site! I've been here almost 2 years, don't know what I'd do without it. Good Luck!
  • dstevens19
    dstevens19 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    For those of you starting over (and I've been there many times), it is true that you have to be mentally ready. The best move I made is to change my thinking about food, exercise and health. At 50, I'm comfortable with who I am and just want to be the best me possible. That's why I embarked on this life change. Not a diet.

Think of this journey as training for your healthy life. You wouldn't wake up one day and decide to run a marathon that afternoon. If you want to run a marathon, you follow a training plan. Same thing with your healthy life. What first steps can you take each day/week? Then build on those. Here aRe my best moves:

Reduce sugar and processed foods.
    When you have it, Make dessert a special occasion
    Reduce your portion sizes, little by little if you have to, to get used to it
    Move! Start small or slow if you have to but move a bit every day. Then the next day, move a bit more!
    Be faithful in logging every bite that goes in your mouth. If you blow it, log it and learn from it.
    Measure your chest, waist, hips, thighs at the Sara and take a photo front and side view. It might be painful but believe me, we'll all want to see the "after" shots. I log my measurements the first of every month.

Good luck!
  • Seasidedebbie
    Seasidedebbie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You can do it. As with every journey it begins with the first step and you have taken that step.

I have started over numerous times and this time it is for good. I find I do best when I log every bite and can see what I put into my body at the end of the day. When I start slipping in my entries I start slipping in my journey.

Add me as friend if you want.

Debbie