how does everyone eat healthy at night?

Options
baxtersbh
baxtersbh Posts: 4 Member
I usually make a salad with all my fav's in it and bring my Greek vinegarette dressing with me. But on the days I'm in a rush, I grab a microwavable sweet potato (thank you Walmart!) or grab a salad from the cafeteria before it closes. I also bring my own raspberry lemonade (frozen raspberries, lemon juice, water and a couple truvia packets). I will also bring in a frozen bag of fruit, like doles mangos or something similar. I purposely don't bring small bills with me to work anymore to avoid the vending machines. I still struggle with pot lucks, but I avoid eating the processed stuff and try to just stick with the homemade dishes.

Replies

• trulara
    trulara Posts: 5
    Options
    I try to bring in healthy food from home or stop by cafeteria and get a salad before my shift starts. I also start my night shift with a protein drink to keep me full until midnight when it's time to eat....
  • crystaletue9
    crystaletue9 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i try to bring plenty of safe snacking options and a healthy lunch...it just seems like there are anti-wt loss gremlins out there and they always make sure SOMEBODY shows up with pizza, or cupcakes, or chinese, or chips and dip....geez!!!! :noway:
  • Bearb2532
    Bearb2532 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have 2 jobs that flux days n nights in both. Neither job do I get a real lunch break or can leave to get food n there are no cafeterias. I HAVE to bring my food with me. I usually pack pretty good meals, problem is, working so much, I don't do the cooking in our house. I usually take leftovers from whatever dinner the Hubby cooked. He is NOT as health conscience as I am. :-(. At the weekend job I do have access to a full kitchen, so me n the coworkers do cook our meals, which is helpful. But it's NOT so helpful when they bring in goodies to share!! Being so tired from all these hours I have very little willpower to refuse treats. And especially on the night shifts, I find myself seeking out treats!! I don't do caffeine, so I find myself seeing sugary sweets to give me at boost round the 4am "droopies" !!! LOLOL
    I also wake up during the days when I need to sleep, at meal times cuz I am hungry!!! I never could sleep while hungry. So, I make it to the gym typically 3-5 times per week, but the scale isn't budging. :-(
    Any and all advice or commiseration is always welcome!!! :-)
  • peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I actually eat healthier at work because I take a lunch with me. At home, I too often just grab the first cold I see that appeals to me. Too often, I or for processed or sugary food. When I pack my lunch I include mainly healthy food sometimes with a small treat. My biggest problem though is on the way home. During my hour long commute, with no good left and my blood sugar dropping, sometimes I will stop for a candy bar which is just fast mostly empty processes calories. I'm working on that though. It's been about a week since I did that.