I did it!!!

Options
Lisalisaw4
Lisalisaw4 Posts: 27 Member
Yesterday I finished Jillian's Body Revolution!!!! Managed to complete the entire 90 days without missing a single day!!! I do have to admit that I only did the weight training videos and ran 5 miles on the cardio days rather than do the cardio videos. Not because I didn't care for them, I honestly never even popped in one of the cardio videos in, so I can't even give an opinion on them. Anyway, I have to tell anyone considering this program or just starting it that you WILL see results!!! I have never, ever, ever, looked this good in my entire life!!! My arms, legs and stomach look awesome!!! Keep going...it will be worth every drop of sweat!!! My only question is what next??? Was thinking about just starting over and upping the weight...or maybe Chalean? Has anyone done Chalean? If so I would love so input!!! Thanks and good luck!! :)

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I didnt finish it. I love Chalean extreme. Like you, I just do the strength workouts and do my own cardio ( running) instead.
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finishing and your results!
    I am on the last week of my third round. I've increased the weight load each time and am currently using 12 pound weights for most of the exercises--it really makes a difference.
    I didn't go straight into subsequent rounds, but separated the rounds by about six weeks of combo programs that included Ripped in 30, Six Week Six Pack and Killer Buns and Thighs.

I'm considering a fourth round in about a month and will buy 15 & 20 pound weights--don't know about that though, because neoprene at those weights are expensive!
    Good luck on your future goals!
  • pkrichar
    pkrichar Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on finishing and thanks for sharing your results. I am on week 4, phase one and really like the workouts.
  • healthy4heidi
    healthy4heidi Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I did Body Rev from September-December, and I agree, I have never looked so good naked! I started Chalean Extreme in December and finished in March (while training for a 10 mile and a half marathon). I enjoyed Chalean but for me, I got better results from Body Revolution. I started month 2 of Body Rev this month (I skipped month one this round) - slightly modified with Chalean videos mixed in and running on nice breezy mornings.

You should definitely pop in the JM Body Rev Cardio videos, I really like Cardio 3 the best - it's difficult but such a great HIIT workout. Good luck on choosing your next program.

Heidi
  • margriet77
    margriet77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My compliments!!! You are great!!!
  • roelseri
    roelseri Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats on completing the program!! I finish up on Friday too, and I can't believe we made it this far! I lost a total of about 10 lbs and I'm excited to do my measurments this weekend. I also am contemplating what to do next, I've researched the 30 day shred and Ripped in 30, not sure which would be better. I know I do best when I have a plan so need to figure it out! Has anyone done the Shred or Ripped in 30? Which did you prefer?
  • hkmurphy83
    hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    roelseri - I have done both 30DS and Ripped in 30. Both videos follow her 3-2-1 method; 3 minutes strength, 2 minutes cardio, 1 minute abs. I preferred Ri30 just because there were 4 workouts vs. 3. I like the variety. Otherwise, both are great programs that I got results on.
  • roelseri
    roelseri Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    thank you so much for the feedback hkmurphy! :) did you do it after body revoution?
  • hkmurphy83
    hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    roelseri - I did them both before JMBR. I did 30DS in Feb/March (I was injured for a few days), and I did Ri30 right after it in March/April. My back and shoulders looked AMAZING by the end of Ri30. I'm hoping I get that definition back by the end of JMBR. I'm noticing that my shoulders are already looking better in tank tops.
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!! I am on the second round. I agree about upping the weights and I also subbed in other cardio. Am curious about CLX too....
    Way to go!
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finishing and your results! After I finished my first round I did a mix of different Jillian DVD's. Just choose like 5 off of amazon, and rotate through them. Or you could do just RI30 for 30 days, Extreme Shed & Shred for 30 Days, No More trouble Zones for 30 days but after coming out of 90 days of a regimented program I liked to have a bit of freedom. Then I missed the regiment, lol, so went back to a program and did Insanity. I hated it. So now started up round 2 of JMBR and am using heavier weights and doing most of the harder moves. I just started phase 2 and it's still my favorite program. But I liked having I break. Personally I couldn't do it for 180 days straight.
  • Lisalisaw4
    Lisalisaw4 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comment! I was considering Chalean but wondering if just doing another round would be a better bet. Think I will take your advice and skip month 1 .... and this time I'll give cardio a try...Thanks :)