Place tp write down your binge without counting the cals

Options
Some days we will binge. During those binges we might be able to log what we binged or.. perhaps we might not log at all due to the feeling of shame when the numbers start to show.

So this is a place where you can write down what you binged 'today.' Anything you can remember and in whatever order. Hopefully this will help you see how much you ate in 2 hours, 3 hours, the whole day.

A binge is still a binge whether it is a healthier choice or not.

Today I really hurt my stomach. This was my binge.

- 6 eggs
- 2 flax pancakes (made with flax, almond milk and 1 egg), maple syrup
- Nutella
- French green beans, 1.5 bags of it which is 13 oz or 350 grams of green beans
- Alfredo sauce
- 4 medium carrots
- 2 slices of bread, 2 x 1 inch slices of cheese
- Homemade pork patty, one whole onion fried, ketchup
- 2-3 cups of different mixed cereals (raisin bran crunch, vanilla almond, oat clusters)
- A bag of blue corn tortilla chips
- Large apple
- A quarter of honeydew melon (Leftover 1/4 from yesterday)
- Half a bag of baby carrots
- 2 handfuls of manitaropita, a pork and dough pastry (This is where the official pain began)
- 1 chocolate pudding cup
- Sunflower seeds

Yesterday's binge had the apple pies and the sugary oatmeals. Notice the healthier binge today. I had no other food lying around in my house.. but I managed to gulf all of this up in about 3 hours. Causing me quite the pain to the point where I can't drink any water right now and I need to lay.

I feel better after writing it down. I do not plan to log this today. Hopefully it can help you to. It is useful if we are accountable but not judgmental with one another so we can learn from these episodes. Write it down, let it out and observe your binge in a written forgiving way.

Replies

• lemonsquare6
    Options
    For the sake of 'food-to-calorie' visualization of "healthier choices" - that above all added up to about 3000 calories in 3 hours. Healthier food doesn't mean healthier binge. It is still over consumption and the behaviour is very much there. It feels better not to count sometime and just let it out and write it down.
  • anna_louise90
    anna_louise90 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    This is a good thread! I know accountability blah blah but the shame probably overrides on this one.

2 eggs
    pepper
    10 biscuits
    cake bar
    2 slices of cake
    noodles
    grapes

all at lunchtime.

For me stress = binge, and I'm very stressed atm with my thesis due!
  • lemonsquare6
    Options
    I am glad it can help! I have been binge free for three days. A new start again and staying hopeful. It feels good ever since I let it out on this thread. Hopefully this can help someone else as well. It is good to be honest with ourselves and then let the past go and never look at the food we binged in our memory again.
  • focuseddiva
    focuseddiva Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Well, I can tell you what I ate this past Friday. I didn't plan for it to be a binge day, but it happened. I can hardly remember all of it, but here goes:

Two cookies
    Mexican food for lunch (chips, burrito, taco)
    Plate of pasta
    Burger King chicken sandwich with mayonnaise
    flour tortilla with lots of melted cheese (I had 3 of these)
    Cheez it crackers (3 snack bags)
    Fruit snacks (2 small bags of these)
    4 bowls of Honey Nut Cheerios with skim milk

And that's all from what I can remember. I have NO IDEA what the amount of calories are. The Honey Nut Cherrios alone was probably 2000 calories.
  • slimjenny21
    slimjenny21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    So a binge night just happened...it was bound to happen, knowing me, but I wasn't expecting it.
    Started off with a little bit of Mr. Goodbar chocolate..
    then continued to a chicken cutlet (weird, huh?),
    Junior Mints, lots and lots of Junior Mints...so tasty at the time.
    Then some dark chocolate godiva chocolate.
    Some chocolate truffles (chocolate theme here, anyone?)
    Poppy seed bread.
    And called it a night. I've done worse, but I was so upset about what I had done. I was doing so well and I feel as though I ruined my streak yet again.
    This cannot continue. I will move past this and learn. Cheers to a new day.