Week 2 Challenge - 1 Mile a Day!!!

johng1973
johng1973 Posts: 109 Member
Alright everyone!!! The weekend is over, hopefully everyone was good (I, unfortunately, wasn't :(...).

This weeks challenge is 1 mile a day!!! For some it may sound hard and for some it may sound easy, if you're the latter then push yourself harder and add a zero to the end of that number. But whatever you do, get a least one mile doing something! If that means running, cycling, swimming, or even stair climbing then do it. If you skip a day, then get 2 miles the next day.

Please note, 528 trips to the bathroom does NOT count! Also, riding in a car does NOT count! This has to be a planned exercise. So if your daily walk to work and back is a mile then you have to add another mile on top of that! Now if your job is an NFL running back and running a mile is part of your job then you are on the wrong site and I hate you (joking of course...well maybe).

So get that mile in everyone!!! Good luck and see you at Friday's weigh-in!!!!

Replies

• taylorckt1
    taylorckt1 Posts: 263 Member
    Awesome...my week is off to a great start! 8.99 miles this morning...I love my days off!
  • johng1973
    Great job!!!
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Cool...I got 15 miles on a bike ride today. Won't be able to log anything Wednesday because I'm working.
  • hannamarie88
    hannamarie88 Posts: 231 Member
    I got 1.35 miles and 30DS Lvl 1, Day 6 done. Hoping to start up C25K again soon -- this may be the push I need! So glad this continued for July since June was not the best for me.
  • Errinwalker
    Errinwalker Posts: 18 Member
    Couple kms completed on a circuit run tonight. :)
  • IrritatedDoro
    IrritatedDoro Posts: 89 Member
    Got a couple miles in with the stroller and dog. Well, I looped by the house and dropped the dog off after a mile and then did another mile with baby and me. With about 1/2 mile to go on our way back to the house, we passed a place giving away hanging flowers. Needless to say, the stroller was adorned with hanging flowers from both the right and the left for that last 1/2 mile. I'm sure it was very festive looking. A short time after we returned it started raining - glad I got the walk in prior to that.
  • katiebenson12
    katiebenson12 Posts: 80 Member
    2 mile walk in 30 minutes, plus an hour at the pool. I feel great!!! :smile:
  • IrritatedDoro
    Got home from work and went to a social event, then came home, bathed baby, read to him, got him to bed. Then jumped on the stationary bike for an 11 mile ride. First time on the bike in a while. 15 minutes later, I'm still dripping. (Please forgive me for checking in again... I am doing it to keep me accountable.)
  • johng1973
    Got home from work and went to a social event, then came home, bathed baby, read to him, got him to bed. Then jumped on the stationary bike for an 11 mile ride. First time on the bike in a while. 15 minutes later, I'm still dripping. (Please forgive me for checking in again... I am doing it to keep me accountable.)

Great job!!!!
  • anjani_009
    anjani_009 Posts: 511 Member
    I have exams :( so I don't have time at all, haven't even worked out for over a week :((
  • megdeitz
    megdeitz Posts: 13 Member
    Normally I walk just about a mile a day with my dog (extending it an extra tenth of a mile wouldn't be hard for me or him). However, I've been sick with a respiratory infection for the last three days. I've had little to no energy to do anything (haven't even been able to get anywhere on my knitting!), but I'm starting to feel better. Hopefully I'll be up to speed by tomorrow.
  • Errinwalker
    Errinwalker Posts: 18 Member
    Mile completed in the rain...
  • johng1973
    Mile completed in the rain...

That's boss! :)
  • IrritatedDoro
    Walked 1.2 miles yesterday; 2.71 today.
  • hunnybcs
    hunnybcs Posts: 95 Member
    WHAT WHAT ! 1 mile on the treadmill everyday since tuesday. PLUS interval jogging/walking for 20 mintues on Tuesday, Yardwork on Wednesday and walking the dogs for 20 mintues a day since Tuesday. HOLY COW my body is really screaming at me but in a good way!!
  • johng1973
    And you lost a good solid lbs! That's great news!! Congrats!!!!
  • IrritatedDoro
    3.1 miles yesterday; around 2.7 today (both days walking pushing stoller).
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    I've been getting anywhere from 1 mile - a 5 k walk in a day. August though is not turning out to be a good month for me. :grumble:
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Hi everyone! I missed weigh in last week - don't know how I dropped the ball on that one!

Last week I was down 3, this week down 0.4. I'm hoping today's weigh in wasn't as much due to fluid retention from the crazy heat/humidity wave that has hit our area. I took 4 showers yesterday!! (we don't have AC, so things have been a bit sticky at home).

Keeping up with my "couch to 5K" app - I even did it yesterday despite the heat (I hit wooded trails to at least keep the blazing sun at bay). I had this "it is too hot to run" negative thought trying to keep me from exercising - but I ignored it.

This morning I got up early, set up our ancient big box fan & did the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred.

Wishing you all a wonderful week!

Hugs,
    Amy :)
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Can we please keep this going month after month??? It's definitely working for me and I LOVE IT!