July 19 weight & challenge for the 19th-25th

Options
aNewMiniMe
aNewMiniMe Posts: 116 Member
Greetings loyal MFP members. If you are here and reading this...:happy: cheers to you! That means that you know Friday is weigh-in day and your new challenge has arrived!

NEW CHALLENGE: Friday - Thursday: This is a math problem.........Water:drinker: water:drinker: and more water:drinker: ! You can thank mlerand62 for this one. With the weather being so hot all over the country this should be fairly easy for most of us. Here's how it works. Take your current weight divide by 2 then divide by 8. That is how many glasses of water per day you need to drink. For some this is going to be a lot of water.:noway:

Now for the sticky part. What is considered water? Well of course just plain ol tap water, mineral water, decaf- coffee or tea work too, (not caffeinated because it actually dehydrates you) and for this challenge up to 20% of your water can be crystal light or calorie free vita type waters. This is one challenge that you may NOT make up misses glasses of water from one day on different days. So that means......Get drinking early in the day and know where the potty is. :laugh:

Example: 195 pounds divided by 2 = 97.5 then take 97.5 and divide by 8 = 12 glasses of water per day. :sick:
(2 1/2 glasses of water can be flavored types)

Post the following today:
1.) your weight (here and on the spread sheet - many are forgetting the sheet)
2.) your miles for the past week.
3.) your team miles if you know them
4.) how many glasses of water per day you will be drinking this coming week.

Good luck and cheers :drinker:

Replies

• mlerand62
    mlerand62 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am up for the new challenge. You would throw me a curve ball with the flavorings.:noway: I like the MIO drops. I knew I needed to cut back on those. Looks like I will be this week. I also like to throw in a wedge of lemon, lime, orange. It really helps when you just can't look at another glass of water.

What about chlorinated pool water? I swear I drink a gallon of that every time I swim. Nasty stuff!

I'll post my numbers in the morning. I still have a couple miles to get in today so I can start this new challenge tomorrow. Thanks for the mileage challenge. This is the most I've moved in quite a while. Needed it and feel great that I am doing it.
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I thought weigh-in day was on Friday the 19th? I'll post my information today since you would like it now. :)

1. 158 lbs - I've reached the overweight BMI category! This is a huge accomplishment for me!
    2. 42 miles from 7/12 to 7/17 (F: 5.5 miles, Sa: 2.5 miles, Su: 2.5 miles, M: 7.5 miles, T: 10 miles, W: 14 miles)
    3. Jan said she is on vacation, so I am not sure how many miles she had. She said she would try to exercise at the beach.
    4. 10 glasses of water per day (158/2 = 79, 79/8 = 9.8)
  • mlerand62
    Options
    determined_erin - I think Friday is weigh day. It is for me anyway. By the time I read this post I already ate breakfast and drank some water so I wasn't weighing in. I also didn't start my miles til Friday and I need today to get them all in. Unlike you, I don't move that much. Great job!

Congrats on hitting the new BMI category. That's a great accomplishment. Now - where do you find this on here. I have looked at it before and now I can't find it. Remember I am old.... old... old. :blushing:
  • determined_erin
    Options
    determined_erin - I think Friday is weigh day. It is for me anyway. By the time I read this post I already ate breakfast and drank some water so I wasn't weighing in. I also didn't start my miles til Friday and I need today to get them all in. Unlike you, I don't move that much. Great job!

Congrats on hitting the new BMI category. That's a great accomplishment. Now - where do you find this on here. I have looked at it before and now I can't find it. Remember I am old.... old... old. :blushing:

Oh okay, thanks! :) Calculate your BMI here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/tools/bmi-calculator
  • aNewMiniMe
    Options
    SILLY GIRLS - Today is the 18th. I always put it up the day before so that you can plan for the challenge. :laugh:
    If you posted your weight today that's fine or you can delete your post and repost tomorrow. What-ever. Better early than late.
  • determined_erin
    Options
    SILLY GIRLS - Today is the 18th. I always put it up the day before so that you can plan for the challenge. :laugh:
    If you posted your weight today that's fine or you can delete your post and repost tomorrow. What-ever. Better early than late.

I know it's the 18th, which is why I was confused as to you saying "post today."
  • mlerand62
    Options
    Yes, I did it.

I walked, swim or did my cardio for 15 miles this week.

I put my scale away and only weighed this morning. It felt good. I had to stay on track as I had no idea how I was doing.
    I have put the scale away until next Friday and I am keeping myself on the 15 mile challenge. It's the most I have moved in a very long time. GREAT CHALLENGE.

Now for the water challenge. I will need 15.5 glasses a day. I only used a lemon wedge in my water yesterday. I have grown fond of the MIO drops. Needed to cut that back anyway. I can do this. The amount is a few glasses higher than my norm but I can do this.

Oh yea - the best news was
    Last Weeks Weight - 250
    This Week - 247

I lost 3 pounds:drinker:
  • JasminPowerRESET
    JasminPowerRESET Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Oookay then.

1.) my weight is 182 lbs. I have lost 1 lb. (and 0.5% of body fat :-D)
    2.) I did 31 miles
    3.) Poma and me did 51 miles together :-D
    4.) I guess I will be having 11 glasses of water a day. Hallelujah!
  • determined_erin
    Options
    Update to my results: Yesterday I walked 10 miles. So added to my mile count, I ended with 52 miles. :)
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Posting for Cherryqb:

1. 190.6
    2. 17 miles done
    3. IDK team mileage
    4. 11.9 so rounding off to 12 glasses of water.
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Now for myself :bigsmile:

1) I weighed in @ 217.0 lbs (down .6# from last week)

2) 16 miles done

3) I am not sure of team milage :ohwell:

4) water comes out to 13.5 glasses - rounding to 14 :drinker:

And I agree - I am staying with the 15 mile challenge - definitely a great one. While I have and could have moved more, it kept it in the front of my mind so I made sure to at least get in a little on days I normally "have no time" for a full workout. :smile:
  • JasminPowerRESET
    JasminPowerRESET Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Update to my results: Yesterday I walked 10 miles. So added to my mile count, I ended with 52 miles. :)

insane!!! guess you are the winner of this challenge (and I thought i was good :blushing: )
  • determined_erin
    Options

insane!!! guess you are the winner of this challenge (and I thought i was good :blushing: )

Thank you! My only form of exercise is extreme walking distances. lol I live directly in a large city, so walking comes fairly easy to me (and saves me money on bus fares).
  • aNewMiniMe
    Options
    1.) Todays weight 137.0 (-0.4)
    2.) My Miles = 15
    3.) Team miles = 48
    4.) Water 8.5 glasses per day. For some that is easy for me.......... I can do this!:drinker:

Erin - That is some incredible milage. You beat our team milage by yourself. WTG
  • Barribomb
    Barribomb Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hey all, trying to get back on the wagon...Been eating well, but not working out ????

1.) 157.6
    2.) 0
    3.) 0 ????
    4.) 9.85, so 10', that'll be easy peezy!
  • mlerand62
    Options
    This challenge is kicking my butt. 16 glasses is a lot of water. I am in hopes that I might be able to get it in with being back at my desk. Between 11 and 12 seems to be my limit. I will keep trying though.
  • melissalanggin
    melissalanggin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone....

So last week was AWEFUL... I got sick and then had no appetite so instead of losing weight my body held on to everything.. I can't remember for the life of me what I weight last week I think it was the same as this last friday (255.8)

Feeling a little bummed that I can't seem to get back on track.. I do good a couple days and then BAM fall into temptations trap.. BUT NOW THIS WEEK. THIS WEEK I AM DETERMINED TO GET IT AND HIT IT HARDER THAN EVER......

Doing LM Combat in the AM with then weight training in the afternoons..... Should be interesting hahaha.. I am partaking in a 60 day challenge to where I finish a couple weeks after our challenge.. So this should def help get going and finish the challenge strong....

Water challenge accepted I drink around 12-14 glasses a day and that is around what I need (which is 16) so I will bump it up and add a little extra.. I normal will get my 64 oz before 5 so I guess now I will make a new goal to get it before 3 :)

Have a great week everyone :)
  • janlawrence2
    janlawrence2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Back from vacation. Gained 3 lbs of the 7 lost. Figured that would happen, and truthfully figured it would be much worse so feeling positive. :ohwell: My only form of exercise was walking on vacation, and I walked for an hour one day, and then a day at the waterpark resulted in 3 hours of constant movement, from walking, to swimming, to fighting the waves in the wave pool. This place was nuts. And I drank a ton of water that day (not just the pool water!) So, how to calculate the movement? Not sure, but I am happy for at least that achievement. I'm sure it helped keep the weight from all creeping back. My sister-in-law had exercise equipment, and I tried, but my knee is just not doing well, so making a dr. appt. with ortho to see what's up.
  • janlawrence2
    janlawrence2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone....

So last week was AWEFUL... I got sick and then had no appetite so instead of losing weight my body held on to everything.. I can't remember for the life of me what I weight last week I think it was the same as this last friday (255.8)

Feeling a little bummed that I can't seem to get back on track.. I do good a couple days and then BAM fall into temptations trap.. BUT NOW THIS WEEK. THIS WEEK I AM DETERMINED TO GET IT AND HIT IT HARDER THAN EVER......

Doing LM Combat in the AM with then weight training in the afternoons..... Should be interesting hahaha.. I am partaking in a 60 day challenge to where I finish a couple weeks after our challenge.. So this should def help get going and finish the challenge strong....

Water challenge accepted I drink around 12-14 glasses a day and that is around what I need (which is 16) so I will bump it up and add a little extra.. I normal will get my 64 oz before 5 so I guess now I will make a new goal to get it before 3 :)

Have a great week everyone :)

HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER!!