Turning 40 in 6 months..

Options
PhillymomMindy
PhillymomMindy Posts: 14 Member
Hello,
I have started my weight loss journey 3 weeks ago. My goal is 40 off for my 40th..which is in 6 months. I'm already down 5.5;lbs.
Just struggling mentally some days to know I can do this and that the more I mentally stuggle the more it effects my work outs.

So Im just looking for help, support and motivation! Feel free to add me.!!

Replies

• samcat2000
    samcat2000 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    5.5 lbs in 3 weeks - awesome! I was you six months ago. I turned 40 in June but started MFP at the end of January 2013. My goal was 140 by 40 and I barely made it. I lost weight from the beginning on MFP but had to adjust my numbers because MFP had me eating too few calories (I made that adjustment pretty early on using TDEE). Looking back I wish I had consulted a registered dietitian early on to get a more accurate body fat % calculation, BMR, TDEE, etc. I also wish I had done more strength training right from the beginning. But overall I've been really pleased because it has worked. I'm not going to lie, I've had to work really hard to track accurately and especially consistently, eat more fruit and veggies, and get into the gym regularly. And I've had my difficult moments, days, and even weeks (just took my first business trip in 6 months is week and that was sort of disaster as far as tracking food on the road even though I did workout). Don't give in. You can do this!
  • shanniepk
    shanniepk Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I started my weight and fitness journey a little over 3 years ago shortly after I turned 40. I really let myself go in my 30s. It has taken me these 3 years to lose about 35 pounds from my heaviest. Although I am healthier and in better shape than I was in my 20s, it took me this long because I couldn't get my food right. I was not diligent until the past year at journaling everything and being realistic about healthy food choices. There's no magic pill, there's no one workout, it's all about eating healthy and exercising regularly. It's hard work but so very worth it! You can DEFINITELY DO THIS!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    You can do this!, anyone can add me!
  • ELEANOR43da
    ELEANOR43da Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I began my journey going on 6 weeks now and from day one I was very motivated and set for my journey. I realized there would be good/bad days,thats I may give into unhealthy snacks /meals at times, that there may be a day where I wouldn't exercise, that I may not see the scale move one week, but through all these things things I knew my goal. My goal is to eat healthy without stressing and to exercise so that my body is in the best condition it can to help me come off meds like blood pressure and Cholesterol.
    I knew as I read about this program that the one thing I had going for me that I never had before is all of the friends I have here who are going through the same journey who encourage and support me ......Its going to be a better lifestyle before I hit 50 in 7 years.Lets do it together !!! I for one Love myself enough to make it happen .
  • roxanethree
    roxanethree Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Turning 40 was my motivation to get going on my weightloss journey. 96 lbs in 9.5 months so far. It is so much work, but so worth it. :)
  • PhillymomMindy
    Options
    Thank You!!
    I orginally wanted to lose 100 by my 40th but I wasted so much time that I just figured something was better than nothing. I know my eating needs work and going to the gym has its days. Im just trying to take it day by day and hopefully I will make it.
  • PhillymomMindy
    Options
    Thank You Shannie,
  • PhillymomMindy
    Options
    I agree, having this site has helped me. Though Im still new and not many friends or at least friends that use it I have been able to make that first step
    I began my journey going on 6 weeks now and from day one I was very motivated and set for my journey. I realized there would be good/bad days,thats I may give into unhealthy snacks /meals at times, that there may be a day where I wouldn't exercise, that I may not see the scale move one week, but through all these things things I knew my goal. My goal is to eat healthy without stressing and to exercise so that my body is in the best condition it can to help me come off meds like blood pressure and Cholesterol.
    I knew as I read about this program that the one thing I had going for me that I never had before is all of the friends I have here who are going through the same journey who encourage and support me ......Its going to be a better lifestyle before I hit 50 in 7 years.Lets do it together !!! I for one Love myself enough to make it happen .