Week: 15th July

Options
ghsfitnesspal
ghsfitnesspal Posts: 260 Member
Morning folks,

hope you all had a great weekend! I spent mine at coaching (inspiring), tapas (scrummy), cinema (Despicable me 2, hilarious), pick'n'mixing (sweet 'n' sour!), in a bar (half a pint of cider = too much now, I'm such a lightweight) and reading (indulgent). Lovely :)

Insanity Round 2 starts today! My fit test results, will all moves done fully (except push up jacks cos I can only do a 2 inch pressup)
Switch Kicks 51
Power Jacks 29
Power Knees77
Power Jumps 15
Globe Jumps7
Suicide Jumps 12
Push-Up Jacks 15
Low Plank Oblique 57 (ha, this is the only one I improved on from last time!)

What are you all working on this week? I'm going to have a super healthy food week, I've decided!

Replies

• boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Awesome job girl!!! And remember that your fit test this time was all about form so yeah your numbers may be smaller however they are proper and most accurate :)

You are gonna rock Insanity this time girl! I'm so very proud of you for going into Round 2. I am so excited to live through you until I do my Round 2.

Me myself, I started Level 2 of 30DS and am happy about that. I woke up this morning with stiff muscles (muscles I hadn't felt before) from yesterdays workout so todays will definitely be all about form because I am not sure I will be able to whip through it. I am going to do 2 more days of 3 lb weights and then work with 5 lb weights the remainder.

I am also trying to decide which program I want to do next.....I think I want to do Tapout XT or RushFit.....Tapout seems more towards my goal. However I was also looking at Zuzka's Zcut Power strength but its hard to find. I have the Power Cardio and was looking at maybe that but I don't think cardio is the one for me, I think I need to step up the more muscle building and less cardio....but I really miss Insanity too.

I am thinking about lowering my cals because I don't burn as much but the higher cals kinda give me incentive to be more active. I am battling a cold right now that has been brewing for about 3 days and is dragging and each day gets a little worse however I am just going to try to drink lots of water and tea and cough drops and so on to get rid of.

Onward and upward peeps right?!
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    NSV. Walked past the flapjacks in the kitchen, and about 2 hours later had my apple and fromage frais. It wasn even a healthy-food -for-unhealthy-food substitute!

You list the most interesting sounding work outs B! Will you get most of them from the interwebs? I watched all of 30DS on youtube, so I didnt have to pay for it, but I've not looked for any others. I do think you're on the right track about aiming for more strength

Now...here's a thought. Would you buy free weights and a barbell? Because I've heard really good things about New Rules of Weightlifting for women, and when I have money, and space, I think I'll invest. I know you love cardio work with your running and you like Insanity, but I wonder if you'd still like a program from a book, rather than a visual/auditory prorgam?
  • boberrymom
    Options
    Yay for the NSV!!! Woot woot!

Interwebs I see them all. Insanity I got from a friend. I am definitely more of a visual person so I think having a routine from a book would be hard for me to stick with until I actually did it fully and could remember it. I have a whole weight set downstairs but there isn't a set routine so I find it hard to get into that, I also have 2 lb, 3 lb, 5 lb, 10 lb and 25 lb dumbells, but need to get 8 for those in between routines. I also have exercise cables too. I have a treaddy and an elliptical and a gazelle....I have so many machines that its hard to stick to one. I love the treaddy because I love running but running outside is way different then inside because you have your weight as resistance outside so you definitely work harder.

After doing Insanity and not losing any weight but still am flubby but fit, I have been reading and reading and the more I read the more it all agrees with needing a weighted routine to build muscle to burn that last fat off. I am starting to notice some changes tho with Jillian, my love handles aren't as giant and my arm muscles are getting bigger (even when i'm not flexed). Insanity helped me with cardio conditioning and I don't struggle as much running at all. I really love running, I've missed it so much, for me it was a true addiction and I went through such a depression when I thought I had to give it up for good. But with the core work I have been doing my running is so much stronger and I have no pain so i'm hopeful.

However I am definitely a visual person it helps keep me focused plus to have it set in stone for me is so much easier and makes me more accountable bc then its in my face whereas my own built program I would always say to myself there is always tomorrow, I can do it tomorrow and then I never do it, i'm afraid of falling into that trap again, so structure is key, kwim?
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    Yes, definitely. If I skipped one day I find it easier to slide when I can't picture it exactly. I couldnt get my comp working on time this morning so I must do Insanity Plyo tonight, which isn't ideal as it'll be hot - but I know I'll do it because It's The Program. Like the Nike slogan - just do it! My upper thighs are a bit sore today, I think the doing-the-full-moves for the fit test is causing that ache!

Had to look up what a gazelle machine is, and I know it as a cross trainer, I didnt know that's what it's called! Otherwise known as the swoosh swoosh machine :D

OOoh, Mr GHS is starting running again. He's not into a fitness dvd series, but he likes running and being a music theory fiend, he spends the time thinking about his chorus and how the notes work in chords best and I just pootle along to the radio, not thinking at all! So tonight, he'll run, whilst I do Plyo, and we'll get back into mornings tomorrow. Gorgeous mornings!
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    Morning!

Insanity Plyo:
    I missed yesterday's session by oversleeping, and then last night it was 27 muggy degrees and any exertion caused a headache so I was sensible and pushed myself hard this morning...and WOW was it hard! I was a dripping wreck by end of the warmup but I got through the rest slowly and carefully.

I took a photo in my 'control' bikini - it's not even one I wish to wear particularly, just the first two items out of the drawer last October, and I put the 3 photos from then, Dec and yesterday together. Gosh there's a big difference!

Just Do It!
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    Afternoon :)

...30.5 degrees here. Its funny, I'm sure in America you guys are thinking 'whaaat, that's nothing' but its a lot for us in a country of radiators, not fans! This morning I paused the DVD a few times to get my breath back and cool down a little, as I was getting dizzy but managed to finish well. My legs and shoulders are still aching from the fit test on Monday :P
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    So I am not doing Insanity any longer. But as of July 1st I have been making my own schedule to keep up with and it is a demanding schedule. Consisting on mostly TurboFire since I am so motivated by that program. I am currently in week 3 and I am feeling it for sure....lol. I am doing 3 hiits a week and adding in Insanity cardio abs and a little P90X too. I so can not wait to bee my results. My program I created is only 8weeks, since I know myself good enough to realize that the shorter length program is better for me mentally to complete.
    So far I have stuck to the scheduled programs and doing GREAT with it. I am not seeing weight shed yet but I am seeing inches. I adapted Insanity's (Shaun T's) 2week check in's. I think those are more helpful for me to see progress then waiting every 30days.

Enjoy your Thursday and keep Digging Deeper guys! :D
  • boberrymom
    Options
    I keep forgetting to post in this forum! Good job on the seeing big difference! YOu have been working hard girl!
    I was thinking about doing an insanity workout today just to remember and see if I am any stronger even not doing it right now. I do miss it quite a bit. I cannot wait till I do it again. I think I will always be a program kinda girl and will always be doing a program, it gives me structure. It will help keep me focused when I go back to school.

Turbomama, awesome job building your own program, I wish I could do it, I would just be so lost. You are totally gonna rock it!
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    I found that some parts of me were weaker than when I finished first round and some were stronger. Not sure why.

I did cardio conditioning this morning -I havent done it before because last time I accidentally put in Max conditioning each time. It was good and I liked the squats but I think I might put in Max Conditioning again as it pushed me harder!

Well done both of you for keeping active and making something that fits in your lives. None of us have the same routine and sometimes the programs we follow dont fit our current needs or goals, and we've all changed our methods to ensure we get what we need!
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    Thanks I feel confident. I agree too...sometimes we start something and find that it really is not what we wanted or is not fitting like we thought it would. So you just tweak it and make adjustments to find what works. Just never give up! :D
    Today is my rest day. I do plan to foam roll and workout the sore spots I have in the hammy's and back. I LOVE my foam roller too...lol.
    Enjoy this Super Saturday guys!
  • boberrymom
    Options
    GHS did you find that the cardio conditioning wasn't as challenging because you had already done the Max Interval Cardio? What did you find was the biggest difference in the two?
    I have been thinking about doing Jillian's body revolution and Insanity at the same time but I don't think I would be able to continue running too and I really really love running. I have missed it so much!

Turbomama hope you enjoyed your rest day and got some good stretches in. I need a foam roller. I have one of the peroneous muscles on my right leg that just will not stretch out or work the kinks out. I think a foam roller would help especially for my butt! lol

Well done to you too ghs keeping active too and rocking round 2 of Insanity!
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    you have a who what muscle?! Need to look that up. Also what is and how to use a foam roller! \

Yup, cardio cond for month one wasnt as challenging as max conditioning in month 2, which makes sense...but knowing I did Max Cond in month 1 by accident makes me want to do the same again because it was so much tougher. Those plie pulses, with the side lean down - my legs were a-quiver from those! I did LOVE the sets of 16 squats though, Insanity doesnt do basic squats anywhere else and I felt great (if sweaty) doing them.

So what are you going to do BBM? JM BR and running, for the 90 days + running days?
  • boberrymom
    Options
    Peroneous muscle is the muscle on the side of the shin....its not the shin itself but beside it. I actually wonder if its just to big to fit if that makes any sense?

I did like the basic squats because they were slow and controlled and by golly you felt them!
    I am still up in the air what I am going to do after this week of jillian is done. I was talking to my husband yesterday and was trying to explain my feelings but he doesn't share the same. He doesn't want to do insanity again and is set on jillian, however he will be having surgery soon and will not be exercising to that intensity, so either way I will be doing the program myself.

I want to continue running as I have a goal of doing a triathlon next summer (just a small one) but want to continue running. If I do insanity, with school coming I am afraid I won't be able to keep up with running, insanity and school. If I do jillian I would be able to keep up the running so its kinda 6 of 1 half a dozen of the other. I really miss insanity and am kinda set on if I can get running in then great but its not going to be a huge focus for me so insanity is winning so far.