Calories burned in insanity recovery week !

Options
Sorry in advance if I'm reposting a subject ...I am on my fifth week of insanity ( recovery week) I finally figured out how to read my hrm ...it is a timex , thing is it is telling me I'm burning 800-900 calories in a workout ! Hoping someone out there has some results to compare with me , my stats :
Female
Age 26
226 lbs
Height 5'7
I average approx. 187 for 30 min of the workout peak 197.. Lowest is usually 163
Thanks

Replies

• jamiesillimandunn
    jamiesillimandunn Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Bumping !!
  • amammaa4
    amammaa4 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Wow thats an amazing burn! I dont have a HRM, I so need to get one! I'm finishing week 3 today but I am so tired I feel like jello. Did you go through that at all?
  • mrswine
    mrswine Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I weigh 173 and burn around 400 cals/workout. It's not out of the realm of possibility that you burned that much!
  • teamryan90
    teamryan90 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Sorry in advance if I'm reposting a subject ...I am on my fifth week of insanity ( recovery week) I finally figured out how to read my hrm ...it is a timex , thing is it is telling me I'm burning 800-900 calories in a workout ! Hoping someone out there has some results to compare with me , my stats :
    Female
    Age 26
    226 lbs
    Height 5'7
    I average approx. 187 for 30 min of the workout peak 197.. Lowest is usually 163
    Thanks

It is possible. There are some heart rate monitors that have bad readings. You may want to google the make and model of yours and see the ratings and comments. Do you have your user information set up with your heart rate monitor?

I usually burn 600 to 900 calories in 45 min to 60 workouts. Great job and keep it up.
  • jamiesillimandunn
    jamiesillimandunn Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    @ amommaa4 yes the jello is all so very familiar it does get better lol...the worst was the first few weeks with jello legs :) good luck !! And keep it up !!

@ TEAM Ryan .....I have the timex hrm and have read reviews which have been mixed , think its off for sure I usually just take my average hr and calculate it myself nw since 800 cals. For recovery week seems realistic to me so I am averaging a geuss of 350-400 cals for recovery and probably 600-800 in circuit training ...the hrm is use only asks for the weight and bpm...it is a women's timex so I would assume its set up for female readings but their is no input for height etc. should have reviewed before purchasing :(
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I have started using body bug and what it records for me is usually significantly lower than teamryan90 even though we are about the same age, weight, height and condition (though my guess is he is in better shape than I am). I have an open diary so feel free to check what I am recording. I started using the bodybug in recovery week and am now in the following week.