Yummy Low Carb Red Baron Frozen Pizza!

Options
BobzStuff
BobzStuff Posts: 121 Member
Has anyone else tried these https://www.redbaron.com/thin-crust-singles-pizza.htm they are so good and like 5 carbs per pizza. I know how much I missed it so figured I would share.

Replies

• kholcomb51
    kholcomb51 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I wonder how they manage it. I might try just to see what happens. Thanks!
  • kgoodman0108
    kgoodman0108 Posts: 158
    Options
    Oh my god. I'm going to the grocery store after work just to buy a box. Thank you for sharing!
  • BobzStuff
    BobzStuff Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I actually emailed them yesterday since the numbers aren't adding up to me. I've had them three days in a row though and it hasn't changed my keto at all
  • WalkingAway2013
    Options
    I've wanted to try their four cheese one but can't get them in Canada, Least I haven't found anywhere that has them yet :cry:
  • kholcomb51
    kholcomb51 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Rats. I just scoured the freezer case for these and only found really high carb varieties of Red Baron. Most were individual pan or deep dish, but still, I do wonder if they messed up the numbers. Every pizza box I picked up had about 40-50 carbs and only a couple of grams of fiber per serving. I'll probably just wait till I reach my goal and eat pizza for once-a-week carb days!
  • kgoodman0108
    kgoodman0108 Posts: 158
    Options
    I've checked three different stores in my area, and cant find them. They only seem to carry the deep dish pizzas. :brokenheart:
  • cheryl3660
    cheryl3660 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I also checked the counts on some of their other normal pizzas and they consistently under listed calories. So I wouldn't trust the nutrition facts on any of their products.
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I agree with other posters. Something is off here.

They claim 300 calories, with 16 g fat, 6 g carb, 12 g protein.

Fat Calories = 16*9=144
    Carb Calories = 6*4=24
    Protein Calories = 12*4 = 48
    Total Calories based on macro nutrients identified = 216

I wouldn't eat this. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I've wanted to try their four cheese one but can't get them in Canada, Least I haven't found anywhere that has them yet :cry:
    Me too :(
    Even if it's just to try.
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I agree with other posters. Something is off here.

They claim 300 calories, with 16 g fat, 6 g carb, 12 g protein.

Fat Calories = 16*9=144
    Carb Calories = 6*4=24
    Protein Calories = 12*4 = 48
    Total Calories based on macro nutrients identified = 216

I wouldn't eat this. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Same here...

11.7% of serving size is Proteins
    15.6% of serving size is Fats
    .058% of serving size is Carbs

27.3% of pizza serving = macro nutrients
    Rest of percentage = Fillers (preservatives/chemicals, vitamins/minerals) ...

Not only that, you can tell something is off because they list "Calories from Fats" as 140... 16g Fat * 9 = 144 ...

How does one pizza have less carbs than a slice of bread anyways??? It's main ingredient is Enriched wheat flour... so confused <_<;
  • JanetLynnJudy
    JanetLynnJudy Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Wow! I so want to believe this nutrition info is true but, like many others here, I have my doubts. I'm going to try to find them though. Red Baron was my favorite brand of frozen pizza back when I was a CARBivore.
  • denise8986
    denise8986 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    In another group i'm in, someone wrote to the company and was told there was a mistake on the packaging :(
  • JanetLynnJudy
    JanetLynnJudy Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Okay, I just called the 1-800 number on their webpage and asked about the carb count. They told me it's actually 7 carbs, not 6. That still sounds very low. They answered the question quickly so I wonder if they've gotten other calls about this. What do you all think?

FYI - I asked specifically about the pepperoni one. I just noticed though that the cheese one is already listed as 7, so maybe that's where she got 7 from.
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Sounds they had others called about it. With the mistake pointed out I still wouldnt touch it... Better to make your own low carb pizza since you know what will be going into it.
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    The counts have got to be off, unless it is a Eurpoean nutrient label. Cause fiber plus sugar should not be more than total carbs listed. Even so, I will look for these for my son, as we try to keep him lower carb. I wouldn't eat them myself.