Dry July

Options
Kate029
Kate029 Posts: 32 Member
Hi

Just wondering if anyone else on here is doing Dry July as I would love some motivation to keep at it.

I want to use this month to not only raise money for adult cancer patients but also work on my fitness and health and get the most out of 31 days with no hangovers!

So if anyone else is doing it maybe we could help and motivate it each other.

Cheers
Kate :)

Replies

• John020667
    John020667 Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi Kate,
    I am doing Dry July for myself trying to get off the beer altogether. Feel free to add me as I know it is going to be tough and I am going to need all the help I can get.

regards

John
  • Roblyssa
    Roblyssa Posts: 125
    Options
    I want to know how you manage to fit beer or alcohol into your calories?

I used to sink quite a few ciders or wines but I haven't touched any in the week since I started my journey.

How do you manage it?

Kellie
  • lukeruss
    lukeruss Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi new member hoping for a bit more motivation. I am doing dry July which is very hard for me as I homebrew and have plenty of beer on hand but I am going good so far and hopefully will be able to cut down in the future
  • Kate029
    Options
    I want to know how you manage to fit beer or alcohol into your calories?

I used to sink quite a few ciders or wines but I haven't touched any in the week since I started my journey.

How do you manage it?

Kellie

When I am not doing dry july I eat a lot of veggies and lean meats and really cut down on the carbs, exchange pasta for zuchinni spirals, rice for cauliflower, that kind of thing. I also burn around 500 calories per day for exercise (on the weekends with sport I burn over 1000 each day) which give me plently of room for a vodka and soda or three :) Just have to remember to not overdo it!
  • Kate029
    Options
    Hi new member hoping for a bit more motivation. I am doing dry July which is very hard for me as I homebrew and have plenty of beer on hand but I am going good so far and hopefully will be able to cut down in the future

Heya :)

my boyfriend also home brews but luckily we haven't had any beer in the house over dry july! I have still been going strong, only one more weekend to go :DD

I am also hoping it will help me cut down in the future - have been finding it is nice to go out for dinner and just have water or a lemon lime and bitters, gives me more food calories that is for sure!

Have sent you a friend request so we can be Dry July (and ongoing) buddies together!
  • LeahMaria26
    LeahMaria26 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Dry July also and found it surprisingly easy thus far!

I really enjoy a drink on the weekend and set aside time to earn my "wine" calories through the day on Saturday.

I start the Michelle Bridges Body Transformaiton in a few weeks so am hoping to not drink throughout those 12 weeks too but I doubt i'll be fully "dry" during that time haha