Sharing my success...so far! (Pics too)

Options
I love reading the success stories on this site. I find them so inspiring and motivating. I thought I would share some progress pics with you all in hopes that it might inspire someone out there who may be wondering if all their hard work will ever pay off (and because I’m so friggin’ proud of my accomplishment!).

The photo below was taken last October 2012. I LOVE that dress I’m wearing and when I saw that I looked like THAT in it…I was horrified! I couldn’t believe I looked that bad in that fantastic dress! That photo was the inspiration I needed to start making some changes.

30564dc4-049b-4567-bbec-834c7968656f_zps0da29fea.jpg

Well, I’ve redeemed myself and now I’m worthy of that dress! These were taken in June of this year at a 40-pound loss and I’ve since lost 6 more!

4e43d49e-7996-4a28-800c-7c2734b3605f_zps3f43b287.jpg73f04695-f953-44f5-8332-31e0c03fa2dd_zpsee6eebb5.jpg

I’m now down a total of 44.25 inches; 46.2 pounds; and 7.42% body fat and all but 5 of those pounds came since mid-to-late January of this year.

Other stats:
I’m 5’ 6” and started out at 238.2 lbs.

I started working out only 2 days a week back in October and slowly built up to 6 days a week now. I’m starting a weightlifting program July 29 (Chalean Extreme) that I’ll do 5 days a week (hooray for the extra rest day!).

I lift weights and do cardio but the most important thing that I’ve done to be successful and that will keep the weight off when I reach my goal (which is only 23 lbs away) is change my eating habits.

I discovered earlier this year that I have a severe food intolerance to egg and dairy so I cut those out as well as grains and sugar so I basically follow a Paleo lifestyle.

I wish you all the best of luck in reaching your goals and I’m happy to answer any questions you may have.

Replies

• LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    you look AMAZING!!!
  • realtorjoy
    Options
    Love it!!! You look fabulous! I love the arms and the dress :) !
  • trodney1104
    trodney1104 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic! :flowerforyou:
  • tamikawoodson
    tamikawoodson Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Wow, Congrats to you, you look amazing. I have to ask what kind of weight training are you doing. I need to start adding strength and toning to my work out plan because I have lost a lot but I have no definition in my arms, tummy area. I still have a ways to go but I know adding weight training will help. Thanks for sharing, you got me even more motivated to continue on my journey.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Wow, Congrats to you, you look amazing. I have to ask what kind of weight training are you doing. I need to start adding strength and toning to my work out plan because I have lost a lot but I have no definition in my arms, tummy area. I still have a ways to go but I know adding weight training will help. Thanks for sharing, you got me even more motivated to continue on my journey.

Definitely do standing overhead press, this hits shoulders, core, biceps, triceps. With some bonus work in your legs. And it is a ridiculously functional exercise.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Great progress OP! Congrats!
  • SoBodyMazing
    SoBodyMazing Posts: 159
    Options
    You look great!
  • scubar17
    scubar17 Posts: 43
    Options

Thanks! My weight training (so far) consisted of some personal training sessions and Group Power Classes at the gym (think Les Mills Pump). Then when I switched over to working out at home, the Brazil Butt Lift had an upper body weightlifting program as well as lower body ankle weights.

My next program, Chalean Extreme, focuses on lifting heavy three times a week and then cardio or abs twice a week. From my previous weight loss experience: cardio will help make your body smaller but only weightlifting will give it shape and definition. So don't be afraid to pick up heavy things!
  • Roma_Tee
    Roma_Tee Posts: 38
    Options
    You look amazing! Thanks so much for sharing.
  • rjbrowne82
    rjbrowne82 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Great job. You're hard work is really paying off. You look absolutely amazing.
  • DFineMrsRicks
    DFineMrsRicks Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    WOooowwww! You look amazing. There is an end to the rainbow.