July Week 3 Mini Challenge

Options
luvs_choc8
luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
Hello All,
Sorry I am late and also being lazy. I am repeating last weeks.

I have decided that I am going to change up the exercise portion of this challenge just a little. I am going to do a bit of a squat, crunch, push-up challenge.

Monday Mini Challenge:
Food- stay within your calorie limit and give up one of your must have foods today (cream in your coffee, soda with your lunch, ice cream for desert etc) and replace it with a healthy alternative (milk in your coffee, water with your lunch, a piece of fruit for desert)
Cardio- do 30 minutes of increased heart rate activity (treadmill, elliptical, aerobics zumba etc)
Strength- do 50 squats, 50 crunches, and 10 push-ups
Water- drink at least 64ozs

Tuesday Mini Challenge:
Food: Stay within your calorie limit. Try eating 6 smaller meals throughout the day with the higher calorie meal being breakfast. Close the kitchen at 8pm.
Cardio- do 30 minutes of increased heart rate activity (treadmill, elliptical, aerobics, zumba etc)
Strength - do 55 squats, 55 crunches and 12 push-ups
Water- Drink at least 64ozs.

Wednesday Mini Challenge:
Food: STay within your calorie limit. Eat at least 2 fruits and 3 vegetables today.
Cardio: do 30 minutes increased heart rate activity (treadmill, elliptical, aerobics, zumba etc)
Strength - do 60 squats, 60 crunches and 14 push-ups
Water- Drink at least 64ozs

Thursday Mini Challenge:
Food: Stay within your calorie limit. Watch your sodium consumption. Make today a homemade day and eat everything homemade. No takeout, restaurant, or prepackaged food. The sodium levels in these is astounding.
Cardio: do 30 minutes increased heart rate activity (treadmill, elliptical, aerobics, zumba etc)
Strength - do 65 squats, 65 crunches and 16 push-ups

Friday Mini Challenge:
Food: Stay within your calorie limit. Make sure to eat full amounts of protein which is needed for the repair and maintenance of your body. Some examples are yogurt, nuts, tuna, chicken etc
Cardio: do 30 minutes increased heart rate activity ( treadmill, elliptical, aerobics, zumba etc)
Strength - do 70 squats, 70 crunches and 18 push-ups

Saturday Mini Challenge:
Food: Stay within your calorie limit. Make sure you are choosing healthy snacks. Examples are fruit, veggies, cheese and crackers, nuts, yogurt, fiber one bars, etc
Cardio: do 30 minutes increased heart rate activity.
Strength: do 75 squats, 75 crunches and 20 push-ups
Water- Drink at least 64ozs.

Sunday Mini Challenge:
Take a well deserved day off love love

Please note that this is just a guide line. I am by no means a profession in diet nor exercise and what I state here are things that I have learned and tried throughout my weight-loss journey. Please go at your own pace but at the same time challenging yourself just a bit. Good luck to all and I hope you have a great week.

Keep smiling, smile wink
Donna

Replies

• RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great challenge! I'm in!

One silly sounding question though - what are crunches? Are they mini sit-ups? I primarily do cardio, so I wasn't sure if crunches were a weight lifting thing.
  • JenniferEM2012
    JenniferEM2012 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Monday Mini Challenge:
    Food- I stayed under by 3 calories.
    Cardio- Restarted Insanity. I forgot how intense it was.
    Strength- Completed
    Water- Done and done.
  • dointammy
    dointammy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have not done well with the mini challenges so far....but this week I am going to do better.
  • luvs_choc8
    luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
    Options

One silly sounding question though - what are crunches? Are they mini sit-ups? I primarily do cardio, so I wasn't sure if crunches were a weight lifting thing.

Sorry for the delay in replying. Crunches are when you just raise your shoulders of the ground pushing our belly button into the floor. I hope that answers your question.
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options

Sorry for the delay in replying. Crunches are when you just raise your shoulders of the ground pushing our belly button into the floor. I hope that answers your question.

Thanks for the response! I'll admit - the mini-challenge for me hasn't gone well the past two days due to an emergency that arose, but I'm starting with Wednesday!