TUESDAY, JULY 23

Options
blam
blam Posts: 110
Hello group!!! As usual I'm looking forward to hearing the stories - challenges - successes from the past week.

Has anyone been able to change their routine? I find that I make a plan for a week, stick to it for a couple of days but slowly slip back into my old routines (like a comfy pair of sweat pants). How do you change routines?

Replies

• gwangjujulie
    Options
    SW: 204.5

LW: 201

TW: 199.5 :happy:

Looks like my experiment worked :smile: .....or it could just be a fluke! I do feel like by not logging my food this week it did make me more mindful of what I was eating, I only ate when I was hungry and completely stuck to the 'Primal' principles (I'm a follower of The Primal Blueprint). I think it made me less likely to 'treat' myself to that bag of crisps that a calorie allowance would have allowed me to have but that I didnt really need. Here's hoping that I can do the same next week!

Happy healthy living :flowerforyou:
  • prayaas
    prayaas Posts: 30
    Options
    No loss...
    I face the same problem blam.Tuesday onwards I am very enthusiastic & then there comes the week-end & everything goes down the drain. Hubby & kid want to go out...try a new restaurant & I don't want to be the spoilsport !! Sometimes I feel as if I should become a recluse to lose weight :frown:
    Gwangjujulie congrats on your weight loss :smile:
  • ECTexan
    ECTexan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    SW: 257
    LW: 236
    CW: 235

This past week was actually my TOM and even though I stayed on track with food and exercise, I gained 5lbs! I spent half the week just trying to get it back off. But I did, plus 1lb more, so I'm happy.
  • kinismar8
    kinismar8 Posts: 14
    Options
    Good morning all! I have been away, in Ohio visiting my sister and her family. We all went out for a wedding. It was great fun and great food! Unfortunately I gained 3 pounds over the last 2 weeks. Not to upset though, I had a blast there, but today is, back on track day. I am looking forward to a really good loss next week. Good luck to everyone else on their weigh-in.
  • blam
    blam Posts: 110
    Options
    Hey there!
    I'm down a pound this week to 228; as with last week - I'll take it! This seems to be going at a snail's pace, but that's okay.

Well done, gwangjujulie, for changing things up and making it work for you!!

lstaar - you are amazing - every week you come in at a loss. You're on a mission - congratulations on your commitment!

welcome back kinismar8 - 3 pounds over two weeks isn't overwhelming - especially considering you were away. Good luck on getting back on track! Logging in shows your commitment, so I've no doubt you'll do this :)

I hear you prayaas - I often feel like I'm doing really well until we get an invitation out, or an event happens, or whatever . . . and that I'd do better if I had no life! Though I guess the challenge is to apply the plan to wherever the meal is and try to make good choices, or eat smaller portions, or exercise more. It's SO easy to come up with excuses why it won't work - or to take the time to make it work. Perhaps we should take gwangjujulie's approach and listen to our bodies - what do we want, are we hungry, when am I done eating - versus overindulging because we've already blown it. I know that recently I can tell when I've eaten well (I feel better) and I can tell when I overeat crappy food (I feel awful). I've been trying to get more in tune with my body - which may help overall.

Wishing everyone motivation and commitment for the next week!
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    Sw 193??

Last week 190.4
    This week 190

????
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Hello! :bigsmile:

I had an awesome loss! :glasses: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

SW: 232.6
    LW: 221.2
    CW: 214.2

= -7pounds!!

I have never had such a big loss exept the first week I started I lost 8 pounds, then at the most it was 4! I can't believe I lost so much I think I will weigh myself everyday to make sure it stays lol :blushing: It kinda feels to good to be true! Yesterday morning it was even lower, but I expected it to go up a bit because I was a bit sick sunday and haven't eaten all day.... I'm so happy, let's hope it stays there or conitnue to go down! I honnestly don't expect a loss for next week but I'll keep pushing and see where it gets me!!:smile:
  • scling83
    scling83 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Well done to everyone who has lost! I don't quite know where I stand with my weight at the moment since we moved back to England. My scale is still boxed up in Germany waiting for the movers and I just haven't bought a new one yet to bridge the gap.

It's been a tough couple of weeks but I feel like I'm slowly making progress again...

It's interesting to see what works for some of you. I also find that when I DON'T log, I tend to eat less junk for a couple of days (which is amazing) but I slowly forget my goal and so begins the disconnection between mouth and brain and stomach.

I am trying to log every other day. I find it's a good balance that seems to be working best for me right now. It's helps me to be more aware of what I am eating without obsessing about it yet it's also just enough to keep me motivated.

Have a great week everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • gwangjujulie
    Options
    Hello! :bigsmile:

I had an awesome loss! :glasses: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

SW: 232.6
    LW: 221.2
    CW: 214.2

= -7pounds!!

My mouth just hit the desk! You're awesome, fantastic work :drinker: