jammers

Options
girlmeat117
girlmeat117 Posts: 3 Member
hey jammers.
what sort of training have you done to increase your endurance and strength. i have picked up jogging are the 30 day shred. any other tips on increasing your jamming skills off the track.

Replies

• jillybeansalad
    jillybeansalad Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Insanity. I swear, it helped me so much.
  • crashmandi
    crashmandi Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    One of my team mates has just started the insanity. I'm also thinking of giving it a go. Do you really have to do EVERY single workout in it? some days I just wouldn't be able to fit it in and still get to bed with enough time to recover for the next day. Also is it still possible to do other training such as running? I know my team mate is also training still but not sure if she's still doing her other workouts too
  • MeanieD
    MeanieD Posts: 79
    Options
    I've found that I need to skip Insanity on the days I go to practice. I do a quick flow yoga routine in the morning instead.
    I've also found that I need to take a rest day to avoid injury. I overworked my muscles trying to do it all and really hurt my back, neck, and arm.

I wouldn't suggest skipping any of the workouts in the Insanity series, but just put the program on pause when you're not doing it that day. It will make the program last a bit longer, but those are the adjustments that us derby girls must do. This is what my schedule looks like:

MON: Insanity AM, Yoga PM
    TUE: Yoga AM, Derby PM
    WED: Rest
    THUR: Insanity AM, Yoga PM
    FRI: Yoga AM, Derby PM
    SAT & SUN: Insanity or Derby <--depends on bouts and team practices (I'm on one team, trying to get on another)

It's an excellent program and I've seen results. I've only lost 9 lbs on it, but I've lost 12 inches in less than two months.