Shrinking Violets

Options

Replies

• Willow_Raine
    Willow_Raine Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I weighed in this morning and the number was a little less than the week before. Not as much as I'd like, but I'll take it.

My goal for this week is to chart my food every day and keep up with my water intake.

Good luck everyone, and don't stress over the scale. If you're still here then you're moving in the right direction.
  • RTDice
    RTDice Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that Flax, here the wikipeadia info on the stuff :
    Side-effects

Short-term side-effects, as with all glucocorticoids, include high blood glucose levels (especially in patients with diabetes mellitus or on other medications that increase blood glucose, such as tacrolimus) and mineralocorticoid effects such as fluid retention. The mineralocorticoid effects of prednisone are minor, which is why it is not used in the management of adrenal insufficiency, unless a more potent mineralocorticoid is administered concomitantly.
    Additional short-term side-effects can include insomnia, euphoria and, rarely, mania (in particular, in those suffering from bipolar disorder).[citation needed] It can also cause depression or depressive symptoms and anxiety in some individuals.

Long-term side-effects include Cushing's syndrome, steroid dementia syndrome, truncal weight gain, osteoporosis, glaucoma and cataracts, type II diabetes mellitus, and depression upon dose reduction or cessation

Hopefully it is short term fluid retention. (fingers crossed)
  • RTDice
    Options
    My goal for this week is to chart my food every day and keep up with my water intake.

I maybe a broken record willowfrosty: those possibly the two most important things to do when blasting off the pounds. CBA has always been my downfall, and the reason why things in the past didn't work. The MFP app is a great way as I just do it as I eat it. (give or take a few minutes, it would be rude in company, but as soon as possible after eating), even if I don't have internet I can get things recorded and it will sync back to the mothership when a connection is found. :)

Seeing it there how much I've eaten and how many cals I have left for the rest of the day really focuses the choices I make. So good on you for focusing on your logging!!

oh and that 'water your body' app is still kicking my butt to drink more. I wonder if the short trips to the loo are showing on my daily step count!
  • RTDice
    Options
    I am so glad to have been off the prozac for the last 14 months - but there are some mornings where I miss it.

Still don't miss the weight gain - 14lbs for each of the 5 years I was on it. 5 Stone, man that's a pain. Still 2 down.

Hope you are all having better days.
  • RTDice
    Options
    Good luck with tomorrow's weigh-ins everyone.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Maybe someone should convince me that there is really is 250 K on the line ... maybe then I'd go out there and kill it!
  • RTDice
    Options
    Yes if only - still we will get our reward in other ways - honest! ;)
  • ashleybb123
    ashleybb123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Het guys! I feel like I'm not doing very well for our team :/. Two weeks at the same weight. Not sure what I'm going wrong but ill keep at it! Hope everyone else has had a better week than I did!!

Ashley
  • Willow_Raine
    Options
    No judgments from this end. Hang in there.
  • FlaxMilk
    Options
    Hey Ashley,

No worries here. I'm not rocking it out myself. I can't seem to get motivated.
  • RTDice
    Options
    Don't worry Ashley, as long as you're trying then at some point you'll see results. We're not here to judge each other, rather we're here for support. In that vain *hug*

I personally have noticed that I have a good loss followed by 3 increasingly disappointing ones - repeat. Drives me nuts the weeks I've worked hard and then see 0.1kg loss. 100 grams, that could be I drank one less cup of tea!! So I really feel for you having had two weeks at the same.

Keep at it, we're all behind you.
  • FlaxMilk
    Options
    Tomorrow probably won't be an awesome weigh in ... BUT I do feel good about the upcoming week. I'm stocked up on tons of ridiculously overpriced "treats," most of which are actually naturally flavored zero calorie waters and sparkling waters. I got a few healthy juices, and fresh fruit. I'm out of my junk options, and I don't really have a desire for more. I'm going to do my best to pre-pack my meals all week since I will be working long hours.
  • varuca1
    varuca1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Lost .6 this week. Not a lot, but a step in the right direction. Hope everyone else is having a good week :)
  • Willow_Raine
    Options
    I'm up a pound this week. Just a lot of stress dealing with my mom's birthday... the first one since she died in January. There are several factors, but when it comes right down to it, it is what it is and this the step I have to work from today. Better results next week!
  • FlaxMilk
    Options
    Hey team,

I'm on medical restriction for a really long time (way past the end of this competition) for most exercise. I'm still going to do the competition, but I need to clean up my diet big time. This weekend has been pretty bad--lots of socializing. I'm really struggling with motivation. I am unhappy with my weight and I'm unhappy with growing out of my clothing, but I'm really struggling with counting. I'm slowly but steadily gaining. Rar.
  • Willow_Raine
    Options
    FlaxMilk, hang in there! You need to focus first on getting your foot better. We all want you to be well, even if it means a temporary setback where the weight is concerned. Your health and well being is the most important thing. Numbers on the scale aren't the only way to make progress.

As for me, I can't say I expect any progress on the scales this week. I've been out of state for a family wedding and eating out at places that I didn't get to choose. Even so, I logged my food every day. I'm getting into the habit of keeping track of it regardless of what my days are like, so that's still progress. And now that this heat wave is over I can start walking more. The dog will enjoy that!
  • RTDice
    Options
    Your health and well being is the most important thing. Numbers on the scale aren't the only way to chart your progress.

As Willow said, we all want you to be well. I hope your recovery goes as quickly and painlessly as it can. We're here for you.

*hug*
  • varuca1
    varuca1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Up this week, which I expected. I've been under the weather for over a week and have had absolutely not energy, so I haven't been very active. Went to the doctor yesterday and found out I have strep throat. No wonder I felt like crap..lol. So on medication and off work a couple of days so I can rest. Hopefully by this weekend I will be up and moving again :)
  • Willow_Raine
    Options
    Just take it easy and get better, varuca.

My lovely niece shared her cold with me. How nice. It hit me last night. I'm determined not to let it get me down.

Sorry about the weight gain on my end. Two weeks of being off-track wasn't good, but I'm getting back on track now.
  • Willow_Raine
    Options
    My scale loves me today. It says I've lost 5.2 pounds since my last weigh-in! Happy happy me!