July 23, 2013

Options
Hey Pals,
I didn't have a cute and inspiring graphic to post but saw a thread had not be pre-set for today.

Hope everyone is doing well and from reading the NewsFeed it sure appears so.:wink:

I got my WO completed this morning. Week4/Day2 of TUFF Lower Body 1 heavy lifting completed in approximately 49 minutes. I completed the maximum number of reps per set and was able to increase load with all of the exercises. I’ve gotten stronger since Week1/Day2. DB sizes: 10, 16.25, 25, 26.25, 30.

Make it a terrific day!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• nm8962
    nm8962 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Good for you!. I truly admire your dedication to your fitness routine.
  • LiftHeavyWeights
    LiftHeavyWeights Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    After a warm-up using Burpees, I did TUFF lower body 1 WO. I’m getting the hang of using one hand to curl the lifting strap around the handle of the DB. I sure have to be careful though, when placing the DB back into its holder, so the strap doesn’t get caught. (These are adjustable Bow flex SelectTech DBs)

I have been working on my grip strength, especially my left hand, by squeezing a couple of small balls I have for that purpose. I do this while watching the evening news with DH. From my research, I understand older women tend to lose the ability to grip these tightly.

After a rest period, I did the upper body 1 WO. Doing extra reps with my left side is paying off as that side gets stronger. Still, if I feel that side failing, on military presses, I pause & then try to finish the reps.

I was able to go up in weights with bench press. It is truly amazing, considering I had plateaued for many months. Just imagine I can turn my pear shape into an hourglass, by developing my chest (under my breasts). I am already on my way there with my wider shoulders balancing out my hips nicely.
  • gatorx
    gatorx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This week has been heavier on cardio vs weights, mostly because of me not getting into the gym this week, as I need to. Hate to say that working overtime has me in a bind. I'm planning travel at the end of the week, so I will get it in tomorrow with a 4-mile run and maybe Insanity class, if I get off on time. Thursday will be another at-home strength training session in the morning, and Friday I depart on my trip. Although the scale is not going the way that I'd like it, I do like the subtle changes that I'm beginning to see in my body.
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Ending up day off from exercise, I overslept and missed morning class I was ready to go back to. Oh well, working 1-9pm today.

At least I am healthy again!
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    LizardQueen4PointOh Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    SL 5x5 this evening while the kids were at vacation bible school. My bad shoulder has been bothering me lately. Time to break out the Absorbine. :grumble:
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Free, you have it all planned out and that leads to continued success!! Have a great time with family this weekend, too.

Great job Liz and take care of that shoulder.

Marla - tomorrow is a new day.