How long did it take you to reach 140/100/180? (300/225/400)

Options
chrisdavey
chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
Males
Squat 140kg 300lbs
Bench 100kg 225lbs
Deadlift 180kg 400lbs

Females
Squat 75kg 165lbs
Bench 50kg 110lbs
Deadlift 100kg 225lbs

It took me approximately 18 months from the time I started stronglifts 5x5 (which I did for a few months before switching to 8x3 PTC program). Had 2 pretty bad injuries in there too (torn hip flexor & AC joint issue, both not related to lifting). And I was doing mma 3x a week for about 12 months of that.

Replies

• ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Squat 140kg 300lbs
    Bench 100kg 225lbs
    Deadlift 180kg 400lbs

It took me approximately 18 months from the time I started stronglifts 5x5 (which I did for a few months before switching to 8x3 PTC program). Had 2 pretty bad injuries in there too (torn hip flexor & AC joint issue, both not related to lifting). And I was doing mma 3x a week for about 12 months of that.

I benched like 205 already at age 15 a few weeks after starting lifting about 7 times. A year later I was able to do 315 once. Squat I don't remember much but I started at 205, and quickly progressed to 315 a few months later. The form wasn't perfect for the squats but I did what I could lol. Deadlift I did 4 plates of 45 on each side plus the bar which equaled to 405 a year later. I started with like small weight and progressed to 205. I started noticing that I was able to increase my strength of deadlifts. Like the weight that I was lifting all along was so light. I didn't know I could lift a lot more up until we competed among each other in the weight room. We had a full semester weights class twice a year. Our weight room was all iron form plates to bars, and we had a really cool deadlift bar that I have not seen ever since lol.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I had an arthroscrope to repair torn cartlidge in my knee at the end of Feb, and have focused on increasing my strength since. I was cleared to do 'light' squats after about 6wks.

This past weekend I did:

Squat 90kg x 6
    Bench 50kg x 3 - my left side is noticable weaker, I'm working on this.
    Deadlift 85kg - I'm currently working on my grip, my trainer thinks I'm strong enough to lift 100kg, but my grip is holding me back.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Interesting, are those goals from strong lifts?

For the female ones, I reached those at about 6 months of doing Crossfit, not counting the bench press. I've done over 110lbs though in the past but I rather do pushups.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    NZ Deevaa: that's quick!

linanil: no, these are the numbers that one of the main strength trainers in Australia says to aim for using a beginner's full body workout (like stronglifts but more volume) before switching to a more focussed approach ie. M: squat + assistance, W: bench + assistance, F: DL + assistance.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    NZ Deevaa: that's quick!

No time for messing around Chris!
  • JBuck1914
    JBuck1914 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    10 weeks of SL. I squated 369 lbs 3 times and bench 225 twice but, I haven't tried to squat 400 lbs yet but, I should be able to hit that within a few more weeks. I need to improve my grip strength to hit the heavy weight deadlifts.
  • JBuck1914
    JBuck1914 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Although, I forgot to mention, I don't know what my One Rep Max was for this lifts before starting Strong Lifts. So, I could have been half way there and didn't know it but, I will say that Strong Lifts has certainly help me get the confidence to try some of these lifts with this much weight.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    Although, I forgot to mention, I don't know what my One Rep Max was for this lifts before starting Strong Lifts. So, I could have been half way there and didn't know it but, I will say that Strong Lifts has certainly help me get the confidence to try some of these lifts with this much weight.

Good stuff! That is pretty damn quick.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Just after college, it took me about a year to get to these lifts at my power lfiting meet. @165lbs.

450lbs squat
    450 lbs dead
    230lb bench

All with suit/equipment.

At the time with just a belt, I could max around
    350lbs squat
    400lbs dead
    215lbs bench.

20 years latter, I don't lift for maxes but at 175lbs.
    275lbs squats for 4-5 reps
    335lb deds for 4
    215lb bench for 3-4 reps.
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Just after college, it took me about a year to get to these lifts at my power lfiting meet. @165lbs.

450lbs squat
    450 lbs dead
    230lb bench

All with suit/equipment.

350lbs squat
    400lbs dead
    215lbs bench.

335lb deds for 4

a suit will add 100 lbs to your squat? wow. i didn't know it was that much. those are sick #s at 165 lbs.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options

450lbs squat
    450 lbs dead
    230lb bench

All with suit/equipment.

350lbs squat
    400lbs dead
    215lbs bench.

335lb deds for 4

a suit will add 100 lbs to your squat? wow. i didn't know it was that much. those are sick #s at 165 lbs.

I don't think a suit would add that much. That's about how high I felt confortable going w/o one. Meaning I could go higher but didn't want to risk injory to do it.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Females
    Squat 75kg 165lbs
    Bench 50kg 110lbs
    Deadlift 100kg 225lbs

8 weeks into stronglifts I am here:

Squats - 90 kg (198 lbs)
    Bench Press - 55 kg (121 lbs)
    Barbell Row - 70 kg (154 lbs)
    Overhead Press - 37.5 kg (82.5 lbs)
    Deadlifts - 90 kg (198 lbs)
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, its hard to say because I started with crossfit long before I really did strength training, so I could already exceed those numbers when I properly started, if you know what I mean. I am a bigger girl though and will always (even if a whole lot leaner than now) be lifting in one of the higher weight classes...

My husband started strength training after me, his background was martial arts and running. He did his first round of max lifts at week 4 and benched 100kg and deadlifted 200kg, squat might have been about 100 as well with major mobility issues. He's a bigger guy though, 6'5" and sits around 100kg(not fat at all), my guess is even really lean he would struggle to ever get under 90kg.

me + him = my baby is going to be huge and is going straight to baby-lifting classes ;)
  • chrisdavey
    Options

me + him = my baby is going to be huge and is going straight to baby-lifting classes ;)
    :laugh: love it.
  • AlbionOakley
    AlbionOakley Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    been lifting 15 months and hit all but the bench from that list:(
    hate bench
    stoopid bench
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    good stuff.

I hate bench too! I don't know why so many guys love it so much.

Chins/pullups all the way for me! (hence why I don't have a chest I guess :tongue:)
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    good stuff.

I hate bench too! I don't know why so many guys love it so much.

Chins/pullups all the way for me! (hence why I don't have a chest I guess :tongue:)

i can't even remember the last time i did a heavy bench day. i'd rather use dumbbells or just do pushups.

the guys in my gym that love bench are the same guys that train their biceps for an hour and a half three times a week and only know the squat rack as "that thing beside the preacher curl seat"
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    My friend who started training with me 18months ago.

http://youtu.be/xvWlDPDaw1M
    http://youtu.be/po3W0pJ0dKw
    http://youtu.be/-E3Qo16C1wc

66kg (145lbs) BW.
  • ahmadfahmy
    ahmadfahmy Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Males
    Squat 140kg 300lbs
    Bench 100kg 225lbs
    Deadlift 180kg 400lbs

Females
    Squat 75kg 165lbs
    Bench 50kg 110lbs
    Deadlift 100kg 225lbs

what is 8x3 PTC?
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    a progress loading beginners strength program

Squats
    SOHP
    bench
    rows
    deadlifts
    curls (or chins)

All 3 sets of 8 and 3x a week.