Joints

cbarn025
cbarn025 Posts: 939 Member
After awhile lifting heavy starts to suck. It's always my left elbow that has pain. Suggestions on supplements or gear? I recently started wearing a sleeve and that helps some.

Replies

• Frank_Just_Frank
    Frank_Just_Frank Posts: 454 Member
    Is it from an injury or strain from lifting heavy?
  • cbarn025
    I'm pretty sure it's just lifting heavy. It only hurts when I lift and shortly thereafter. It's also usually only in my left elbow.
  • Frank_Just_Frank
    Frank_Just_Frank Posts: 454 Member
    That's gotta suck. The only thing that's worked for me is to ice it and massage the specific muscle that gets sore. Is it possible it's sore from compensating for the other arm?
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Potential tendinitis?

I had a few strategies when I had this in my knees. I'd put a little lotion on a couple fingers and massage above and below the joint while bent and straight before any physical activity. Repeat post workout with ice, Dixie cups work awesome for this, fill, freeze and rip the bottom off to use.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    www.mobilitywod.com
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    www.mobilitywod.com

And that. Particularly barbell rolling of the back of your arm. K Star is a smart, smart man who knows a lot of smart, smart people.
  • ahmadfahmy
    ahmadfahmy Posts: 214 Member
    After awhile lifting heavy starts to suck. It's always my left elbow that has pain. Suggestions on supplements or gear? I recently started wearing a sleeve and that helps some.

orange triad
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Yeah, I have joint issues for sure. My right elbow always bugs me if I do too much Dynamic Effort work on the bench press. It's related to too much baseball growing up. Also have some issues with my hips occasionally. I take Glucosamine and Fish Oil to try and help with all that and I limit my DE bench work to once every three weeks. For my hips, I just stretch the hell out of them.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    I used to have shoulder pain when doing heavy bench press for too many weeks in a row. Since tucking in my elbows, I've been pain free. One option is to cycle your lifts so you aren't going heavy every week How does your elbow feel when you lift for high reps?
  • cbarn025
    I ordered some of the orange triad b/c I have heard very good things about it. i'll let you all know about that. If I go for lots of reps like say 4 sets of 20 at 225lbs my elbow willl hurt towards the end of the third set.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    I ordered some of the orange triad b/c I have heard very good things about it. i'll let you all know about that. If I go for lots of reps like say 4 sets of 20 at 225lbs my elbow willl hurt towards the end of the third set.

Jeez dude, nice f'in bench. 225lbs for 20 reps? Sweet! Seriously though, you could just be doing too much volume. The other poster had a good thought in that you can rotate your volume and load. Maybe one week you focus on volume and the next week you focus on max effort (sets of 2 to 5) which is actually pretty low volume.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Dang! How about limiting it to 2 sets for a few weeks?