Day 1 Cardio?

Options
jendarlin
jendarlin Posts: 184 Member
How did it go for you?

I found it pretty rough since I have been very lax the last couple of weeks being on vacation. Too much food, too much alcohol, and very little working out! I probably could have put in a lot more effort today except I kept getting a side stitch, so I had to rest to get it to go away and then mostly follow the modifications or it would come back. :grumble: Very annoying, but at least I got through. Hoping the rest of the week is better!

Replies

• trapline
    trapline Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just completed day 1 cardio (with 3 minutes to go before Tuesday, 23 July 2013!). That was an insane session but feeling pumped.
  • jklepack
    jklepack Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Today I got up 40 mins earlier than I have been the last couple of weeks to workout. I was able to stay with the regular intensity until I got to the 10 to 15 min. mark then I had to go down to the modifications a few times so I could catch my breath. I'm so not a cardio person so I knew today and tomorrow are probably going to be my worst days to get through. I was thinking when we only had 2 mins left we'd get a cool down, but he really meant no breaks. I did do the cool down afterward and walked for 20 mins (delivering papers). It's something I definitely see being able to keep up doing long term. My calves were burning at the beginning and I felt it in my legs every time I took the steps at work.
  • MeganSWoods
    MeganSWoods Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I was huffing and puffing along the whole time, and did about half and half real and modifications. It depended on the move-- for anything lunging or squatting, I couldn't do the plyometric part of it. HRM said I burned over 300 calories in he 25 minutes, though! Looking forward to sticking to the program!
  • michellegowan
    michellegowan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I took a week off of exercising just because I was being lazy. I definitely felt it today!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,407 Member
    Options
    It was a good workout. I have to modify some of the jumping, but I kept up. Let's see what tomorrow brings!

We're having fun, right? This is fun...yes, fun...

Chris
  • jackpotpc
    jackpotpc Posts: 1
    Options
    Even though I started the 3 Day cleanses on Sunday and losing two pounds. It’s not like I was going to start my first day with checking off “Nailed It” so of course it was “Barely Made It” but I’m glad I didn’t give up. I'm excited to continue so I can eventually check off “Nailed It”
  • Frankii_x
    Frankii_x Posts: 238
    Options
    I loved it!!! :) looking forward to today's session
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Did day one yesterday! I too have been lax past few weeks w too much junk! So I couldn't do all without modifying I kept getting a pounding headache with the jumps... But I pushed through and felt amazing! Im about to do day 2 now :)
  • karint74
    karint74 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm late to the party and officially starting the program today. Just when you think you're already in shape...

Wow, this one was challenging! I kept up with them pretty well (didn't have to modify except slowing my pace at times). This was tougher on the quads than I expected. My legs felt like lead whenever back lunges happened. Actually got a slight stitch in my side even though I did this on an empty stomach. Haven't done plyo moves in a while, but Jillian has prepared me so I can handle this!

I'm using the TDEE (In Place of a Road Map) method to track my calories, but plan to get out my HRM the first time I do these new workouts for info just because I'm curious.I burned 213 calories on this one, including cool-down. I thought for sure it would be more!
  • jendarlin
    jendarlin Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm late to the party and officially starting the program today. Just when you think you're already in shape...

It's okay I am re-starting with week one so you won't be alone in being behind :) I'm calling last week my "trial run week" ... I messed up big time on my eating, HUGE! I want to see the results from start to finish with my eating on par.