Can I use Zombies, Run 2 with a tracking app?

Options
kiku76
kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
I just downloaded this and I'm kind of excited. I have done C25K and am working through Zero to 10k.

I was reading through a few posts and saw someone say she wasn't getting zombie chases when she used it with Map My Run. I normally use Runtastic. Will I have a problem with the app?

Or does Zombies track your miles as well?

Replies

• kiku76
    Options
    Nevermind. I figured it out :( sorry!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I use runtastic for the distance because zombies GPS is WAY WAY WAY off. I do 10km and zombies tell me I've done 11.....they actually have it on the map as me going backwards in an area nowhere near where I went.

I don't know who told you that there would be a problem. I used to use endomondo before runtastic (but endo is way off as well I found.... it actually states you have done more)
  • FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I use it along with Runtastic too.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    oo i had wondered this too but hadnt tried it out yet, id rather use runtastic for the gps and listen to zombies, but hadnt tried it. TYVM for asking and answering the question!
  • kiku76
    Options
    thanks for the responses! I was reading through the threads and saw someone post about not getting chases or something.
    I did mission 1 today using just the Zombies app but I guess it didnt sync with my GPS because I got no data :(
    I'll try it again with Runtastic on Friday.

If I redo the same mission, is it exactly the same, or do the chases change? I got one chase that seemed to last forever. In fact, I have no idea if it stopped cause I had to cut the run short at about 45 minutes (didnt get the Run! prompt until about 40 min or so)
  • Scott_Mahan
    Scott_Mahan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if everybody knows this, but you can link ZR with RunKeeper. You just use ZR and it will sync the run to RK in a few minutes of completion. I've noticed that RK reports slightly lower miles, which means that it is getting GPS data from ZR and making it's own calculations.
  • dragon1ady
    dragon1ady Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Another Runtastic user here.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I use map my run and zombies together. Still get zombie chases. I do have runkeeper too though, so maybe I'll have to switch to that instead. It's just that I've been using map my run for so long and it has all my stats so I'm a little reluctant. But I did hear somewhere on the internet that if you run zombies and another app at the same time that both gps distances end up a little off. Can't say if this is true because I start zombies before the stop light and map my run after.
  • FakingFitness
    Options
    I'm not sure if everybody knows this, but you can link ZR with RunKeeper. You just use ZR and it will sync the run to RK in a few minutes of completion. I've noticed that RK reports slightly lower miles, which means that it is getting GPS data from ZR and making it's own calculations.

For some reason my ZK app will not send the info to twitter, facebook or Runkeeper.
    Blah.

I'm not a big RK fan. I wish they'd link to Runtastic.
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options

For some reason my ZK app will not send the info to twitter, facebook or Runkeeper.
    Blah.

I like RK because they will give me voice ques for as few os 1 minute intervals, where the other apps only give this feature for a paid membership. RK is more difficult to manually enter your maps, thought. Another feature I like from RK over MMF is I can download my runs in bulk, I can then upload them to runtastic or MMF once a month or something to keep my info in one place.
  • FakingFitness
    Options

Blah.

I like RK because they will give me voice ques for as few os 1 minute intervals, where the other apps only give this feature for a paid membership. RK is more difficult to manually enter your maps, thought. Another feature I like from RK over MMF is I can download my runs in bulk, I can then upload them to runtastic or MMF once a month or something to keep my info in one place.

I paid for Runtastic. I always pay for the apps I keep and use regularly.
    I just like to support the authors for their hard work.

I use the voice ques too. If I don't I tend to run to fast and tire myself out.
  • Scott_Mahan
    Scott_Mahan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    BTW, I'm not sure my post was understood. I don't run multiple apps at the same time. The reason I chose RK as my normal running app is because I can use ZR, by itself, without RK tracking at the same time, and my ZR runs will push to the RK site/app so that all my stats for both ZR and non-ZR runs are in one place.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I run multiple apps at the same time without any problem. I run MapMyRun, Zombies, Run!, and C210K by Zen Labs all at the same time. I have to pay attention to the time and switch back to C210K for the intervals so the voice will tell me what to do, but otherwise there aren't any issues at all running multiple apps.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    During regular missions I use runtastic pedometer
    During the 5K Training I use Nike+

Edited to fix auto correct.