My B4 and current pics, sharing my journey

Options
tamikawoodson
tamikawoodson Posts: 185 Member
Hello Ladies,

So I've finally took the time to upload some before pictures of my journey to a healthier me. I'm a very private person so It took all I had to post these pictures but I know it helps me when I see others and how far they have come. So, I'm 35 and have 1 child, he's 17 and is a freshman in college(motivation#1). I can honestly say that when I looked at this first picture which is of us on his college visit to Arkansas State, I was mortified. This picture is what got me motivated to drop the pounds and keep them off. My starting weight and heaviest was 263(Jan.) By the end of Feb. I was down to 254 and have been dropping the pounds about 2 pounds a week until this past month or so. I have not been as strict with my eating habits and exercise but I'm more than determined to keep going until I reach my goal of 180-190. My ultimate goal is 150 which is what my driver's license has on it.

e5883e0e-1d00-41ee-ba6c-4fabb94f71e7.jpg

This second picture is me in June, down to 216 and the jeans I have on are my son's size 36X32

2945d99a-0c2f-4c8c-a833-bbda5ec19f1a.jpg

These last pictures are as of last week, down to 212.5 in my walking clothes before work and in my son's jeans again and my neice T-shirt out of Jr's plus size

314d55fc-0e78-43d5-936b-27af42a9f850.jpg

c4342a4d-b9a4-4eef-8007-c84dcdf9e88a.jpg

I still have a ways to go, my tummy and love handles are the bane of my existence so I welcome any and all suggestions on how to help get rid of them. I know I can't spot reduce, I can't afford a gym but I do have my son's weight set at my disposal .

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Looking fab! So happy to have you on my team and as a friend.
  • crzztne
    crzztne Posts: 5
    Options
    Wow...good job. That's my goal also to be 150 thanks for sharing.
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Wow, your transformation is amazing! Thank you for getting the courage to share your success with us. I would love to be at 212 now!

I also gain weight in my mid-section. What helped me to significantly shrink that area and everything else was good ol' fashioned cardio. At the time I was in college and could use the campus gym, but I also took up running outdoors, and exercising at home by doing workouts on YouTube like FitnessBlender. I know that some hate exercising outside, especially with it being hot, but that has worked for me in the past. That's great that you have a weight set to use because it'll help with toning.

Whatever you do, keep up the good work! Your progress is truly inspiring :)
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Good job.
  • travelistadiva
    travelistadiva Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • tamikawoodson
    Options
    Thanks everyone, it really means a lot to hear encouraging words.
    My main exercise has been cardio. I love to walk and so I try to walk at least 6 days a week, before work and after work depending on the weather. I love to walk outside but sometimes I'm forced to get on the treadmill due to the weather. I have started experimenting with different exercises, I have a 10lb kettlebell and have found some great Fitness Blender videos so I'm going to get a routine going and put my son's weight set to use. I like to experiment with different things to see what works for me.
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, it really means a lot to hear encouraging words.
    My main exercise has been cardio. I love to walk and so I try to walk at least 6 days a week, before work and after work depending on the weather. I love to walk outside but sometimes I'm forced to get on the treadmill due to the weather. I have started experimenting with different exercises, I have a 10lb kettlebell and have found some great Fitness Blender videos so I'm going to get a routine going and put my son's weight set to use. I like to experiment with different things to see what works for me.

You look great!!! My mid-section is the last place to go on me. I am a big fan of Fitness Blender....so much that my workout schedule consists of Fitness Blender videos paired with the treadmill or Zumba. I would be more than happy to share how I use the videos for my schedule during the week. Keep up with the cardio and strength training, and things will continue to tone up :-)
  • tamikawoodson
    Options
    Thanks, and yes it would be great of you to share how you use the videos to schedule the week.
  • sblake204
    sblake204 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! you look fantastic!
  • SoBodyMazing
    SoBodyMazing Posts: 159
    Options
    You look great!
  • socrates02
    socrates02 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! You go gurlie
  • monilove78
    monilove78 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Good job chica!!! Your hard work is paying off so keep going!