I figured this would be a good topic thread to have for our group!! :smile:

Artichoke Lemon Dip Recipe

Prep time: 10 minutes

Ingredients

1 14-ounce (400 g) can of artichoke hearts, packed in water, drained
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup (25 g), packed, grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp lemon zest
1 clove garlic, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 ounces (225 g) cream cheese, room temperature
3 to 4 Tbsp lemon juice

Method

1 Put the drained artichoke hearts, parsley, Parmesan, lemon zest, garlic, and salt and pepper in a food processor. Pulse a few times until a paste forms. You should still be able to make out bits of parsley and lemon, so don't over-process it.

2 Place the cream cheese in a medium sized bowl. Add the artichoke parsley mixture and the lemon juice. Stir until well blended. Add more salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste. Garnish with a few fresh leaves of parsley or ribbons of lemon zest.

serve with raw veggies!!

Yield: Makes about 2 cups of dip.

Replies

• tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    YUM!!
  • kaceyannk
    kaceyannk Posts: 4
    Options
    I just kind of threw this together tonight, but thought it turned out really good. I'm not a big veggie eater, so I'm trying to sneak them into my food.

Mini Pizza Meatloaves:
    1lb ground beef
    1 small zucchini- shredded
    1 small carrot- shredded
    1/4 c pizza sauce
    1/4 c mozzarella cheese
    8 pepperoni- chopped

Mixed it all together and baked at 350 in a muffin pan for about 30 mins.

I made it into 6 loaves, 2 filled me up.
    Stats per loaf: 179 cals, 3 carbs, 11 fat, 16 protein, 1 fiber, 1 sugar
  • tabik30
    Options
    Omg the pizza sound so good!
  • Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    ALICE SPRINGS CHICKEN

4 boneless chicken breasts
    8 pieces bacon, coarsely chopped
    8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
    1 tablespoon butter
    1 clove garlic, minced
    4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded

Season the chicken with the seasonings of your choice (I use Spicy Seasoning Salt); grill until just done. Keep the chicken warm. Meanwhile, fry the bacon in a skillet until crisp; drain on paper towels. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms and garlic in butter, seasoning with salt to taste. Cook until the juices have evaporated. Place the chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet. Top each piece of chicken with 1/4 of the mushrooms and bacon, then with the shredded cheese. Broil until cheese is melted and bubbly.

Makes 4 servings

Per Serving: 356 Calories; 20g Fat; 40g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs
  • Peachy1962
    Options
    Zucchini Boats

Ingredients

2 large zucchinis or 4 medium
    3/4 pound of cooked meat of choice (this could vary greatly depending on your toppings preference)
    zucchini pulp
    1/4 tsp curry powder
    1/2 tsp thyme
    1/4-1/2 cup organic pizza sauce
    veggies of choice (your favorite pizza toppings)
    top with favorite cheese

Instructions

Preheat oven to 400 F.
    Cut the zucchini lengthwise and scoop out the inside of the zucchini leaving the skins.
    Chop up pulp and place the pulp into a bowl. Add the cooked meat of choice and vegetables, pizza sauce, curry powder and thyme.
    Mix everything together (don't mix in the cheese).
    Scoop mixture back into zucchini boats and top with your favorite cheese.
    Bake for 20-25 minutes.
  • tabik30
    Options
    very low carb ice cream~ 4c heavy cream, 1c splenda, 2 eggs, 2t vanilla & a pinch of salt. Beat until firm and freeze until solid... Soooo good it puts ice cream to shame!
  • MelMelMiller
    Options
    I'm looking for some low carb Chicken recipes. The one posted sounds good so I'm going to try it. Any new suggestions??
  • tabik30
    Options
    I made some chicken salad today from chicken, crumbled bacon and mayo. I really liked it!
  • tabik30
    Options
    I got this in an email today from my pampered chef lady!

Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad

Ingredients:

1 small red onion, divided

2 plum tomatoes

3/4 lb (350 g) 95% lean ground beef

1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced dill pickles

3/4 cup (175 mL) ketchup

1 tbsp (15 mL) yellow mustard

8 cups (2 L) thinly sliced romaine lettuce

1 cup (250 mL) shredded cheddar cheese

1. Cut onion in half crosswise using Utility Knife. Slice half of the onion crosswise into thin rings using Ultimate Mandoline fitted with adjustable slicing blade on thin setting. Cut tomatoes lengthwise into quarters and slice crosswise. Set onion and tomatoes aside.

2. Cook ground beef in (8-in./20-cm) Sauté Pan over medium-high heat 5–7 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking beef into crumbles using Nylon Slotted Turner. Meanwhile, chop remaining onion half using Food Chopper. Finely dice pickles using Utility Knife. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine chopped onion, pickles, ketchup and mustard. Add cooked beef; mix well using Small Mix 'N Scraper(R).

3. To serve, arrange lettuce on large serving platter. Spoon beef mixture over lettuce. Top with cheese, tomatoes and sliced onion. Arrange hamburger bun croutons around edge of platter. Serve immediately.
  • tabik30
    Options
    Bacon Wrapped, Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts

1 boneless skinless chicken breast
    2 tablespoons cream cheese
    1 tablespoon green onion, Chopped
    2 pieces bacon, Partially Cooked

Directions:

Pound out Chicken breast so it is about 1/4" thick.

Mix together cream cheese and green onions and spread cheese mixture over 1 side of chicken breast.

Roll CHicken breast up to conseal cream cheese.

Wrap partially cooked bacon around chicken breast and secure with toothpick.

Place on baking sheet and back for about 30 minutes at 375.

Broil for about 5 minute to crisp bacon.
  • Peachy1962
    Options
    Both of those sounds Yummy and easy to do!! Will have to try them!! :flowerforyou:
  • meowmisu
    meowmisu Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    very low carb ice cream~ 4c heavy cream, 1c splenda, 2 eggs, 2t vanilla & a pinch of salt. Beat until firm and freeze until solid... Soooo good it puts ice cream to shame!

Oh heck yeah, I am sooo making this.