thank you for the advice, look where it took me!

Options
tessa175
tessa175 Posts: 170 Member
Well, it's official, I've been logged onto MFP for 365 days!

This is how I started:
]Aug20201210lbsdown_zps9e7c565f.jpg[/URL]
img]http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r784/tessa_maranta/Aug20201210lbsdown_zpscae0f08a.jpg[/img][/URL]
]Aug20201210lbsdown_zps518a28a5.jpg[/URL]

At first, I went full on with the calorie restriction and did cardio until I just about passed out or puked. By December, I had lost almost 60lbs and looked like this:

]Dec3rd50lbdown_zps2aa4dee5.jpg[/URL]
]Dec3rd50lbdown_zpsc97d7dd2.jpg[/URL]
]Dec3rd50lbsdown_zpsa88b43d3.jpg[/URL]

Those photos were taken on December 3rd 2012, I was really happy with my progress and was determined to keep losing through the holidays, so I started exercising more, and eating less, honestly I was netting around 1300 calories a day and I got stuck! I couldn't understand so I kept lowering my calories and upping my exercise, I was so frustrated, but I kept pushing. Then at the end of January after not having lost a pound for over 6 weeks, I went to my doctor and showed her what I'd been doing begging her to give me some sort of miracle advice, well she did. She told me to take a break and for god's sake eat some junk food. I was desperate and though it didn't make any sense to me, I went for it. It just so happened that I had to go away for a week to visit my best friend and try on bridesmaids dresses for her wedding, so I relaxed my diet for a few days, and didn't exercise at all (except if you count all of the dresses being taken on and off, I swear we must have tried on 50 dresses!)While on my trip I downloaded and read the NROLFW, I loved the book and was truly inspired! When I came back and jumped o)n the scale I'd lost 6lbs! What a relief!
I really wanted to start training but I was nervous about being so overweight and trying to lift, I thought I would look ridiculous and people would stare, so I posted a topic on the group page looking to see if any "fluffy" girls had started the program, and I got some great and supportive responses.
I immediately hired a personal trainer (as I'm a total newb to strength training) to show me the moves, and fell in love with lifting and have been going strong ever since.

Here's where I am now:

]365daysdown93lbs5_zps45ff317f.jpg[/URL]
]365daysdown93lbs4_zpsf25e473e.jpg[/URL]
]365daysdown93lbs2_zps2498606f.jpg[/URL]

I've had some setbacks, I pushed too hard to up my weights and really messed up my knee for 2 months during stage 4 and 5 so I did some alternate exercises and now my trainer is on holidays until the beginning of September so I started back at stage one and will work my way back to stage 6, but I'm so happy with my results!
Thank you ladies for all your inspiration and advice along the way!

Replies

• tessa175
    Options
    oops pics are really big! I don't know how to change that...
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    You rock, girl! I am proud to have you as a friend. Your progress and your dedication are AMAZING!!!!

Okay, I'm going to brave my new gym tomorrow. You have inspired me. :smile:
  • mdivamuffin
    mdivamuffin Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Well done!!
  • DesignerToast
    Options
    You are an inspiration! Thanks for posting, and congratulations on your accomplishments!
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    You loook aweeesome girl!!!
  • teachmom32
    teachmom32 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a difference! Congratulations!
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    AWESOME girl! You look FAB! Keep moving forward! :wink:
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Ah-maz-ing!
  • kts3639
    kts3639 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! You look great :flowerforyou:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Great commitment, great success and I LOVE your doctor!!!
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Incredible! You've completely changed your body. You should be VERY proud of all your hard work!
  • makinitcount44
    makinitcount44 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    You are totally rocking it!!! Awesome dedication :))
  • stacked
    stacked Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! Very awesome!

maybe I need to download this book.

You look fantastic!
  • tessa175
    Options
    WOW!!!! Very awesome!

maybe I need to download this book.

You look fantastic!

Words of advice... If you buy a paper copy of the book it is much better when trying to follow the exercises as the pages don't match up on a download. But yes! definately worth the read!
  • marieann82
    marieann82 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Inspiring! You look amazing!
  • tessa175
    Options
    Thanks for all of the kind words ladies! Still lots of work to be done but I feel confident now that I'll be able to acomplish my goals. Hopefully the next time a "fluffy" girl wonders if she can do this program she'll see this post and give it a try!
  • ThinkThin85
    ThinkThin85 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    'Fluffy" Girl reporting :smile: . Thanks so much for posting this! You look really amazing and have made great progress!!!!! I need to lose around 100 pounds, I just finished stage 1 of the program and your post has really motivated me.
  • elvensnow
    elvensnow Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!

Do you have starting/ending stats? I'd be curious what the weight/BF% difference is. But it's fine if you don't want to share =)

Good job though!
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! Thanks for posting!