shoe shopping

megamac33
megamac33 Posts: 34 Member
shoe shopping sux when you gotta buy 14 or 15's good luck finding what you want without it being some neon color or a old man loafer!

Replies

• Its_All_Gongfu
    Its_All_Gongfu Posts: 43 Member
    I feel ya...I'm a 14 in shoes, a 15-16 in flip-flops (which I live in after work)....The Nike Outlet has always saved me with the Airs.....always. :drinker:
  • CapnDonkey
    CapnDonkey Posts: 108 Member
    Second that. I wear size 15s, and thankfully there is a DestinationXL superstore right by my house that has a FANTASTIC shoe selection all the way up to 17 and 18. I spent about $350 in one go, but I got: Brown Rockport Loafers for work, Reebok Crosstrainers for the gym, 2 pairs of Sandals (1 addidas all star slides, 1 thong sandal, off brand), and 2 pairs of casual Skechers for work/going out. Every pair has lasted me for 2 years now. Which, if you have big old wide feet like mine, you all know how fast shoes can wear out!
  • CapnDonkey
    CapnDonkey Posts: 108 Member
    I'm not a shill for them or anything, they just have the best 'big' selection out there. ShoesXL.com. Check it out.
  • megamac33
    megamac33 Posts: 34 Member
    i will , thanks
  • Power_Man77
    Power_Man77 Posts: 207
    I get my workout shoes from brooks.com. The have goods shoes for flat feet.
  • dactonaw
    dactonaw Posts: 14 Member
    I personally wear 17's myself, and I have been using Eastbay.com for years. I don't know if it works the same for you but I tend to get mine at about $30 (plus shipping) a piece. And you are very right the odd colors even on the same shoe type are nearly half price.
  • baird3605
    baird3605 Posts: 28 Member
    Chiming in here with size 16's... Oddballshoe.com

As a teen, I didn't want New Balance 608's... and there wasn't much else around me that carried anything close. I found Oddball Shoe and never looked back. They carry a lot of major brands for all styles. Rockports to Vans to Nike and everything in between.

The only downside is that you don't get to try them on before you buy, but I've never been disappointed.
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    I will wear a pair of shoes into dust since they always cost an arm and a leg.

My biggest problem is that I need four sets of shoes:

Work shoes
    Athletic sneakers for throwing competitions
    Lifting shoes (still haven't found a pair I like, so I lift barefoot)
    And a pair of boots to convert into highland hammer boots.

And each one is a pain to locate!
  • Went to a New Balance store over the weekend and bought a pair of cross trainers size 14 6E fits pretty good. Hopefully with the new kicks I can start doing Insanity again.