(Minor) Victory!

I accidentally put on an XL shirt and It mostly fit! It may not have been flattering but it wasn't big man in a little coat either!

Replies

• CapnDonkey
    CapnDonkey Posts: 108 Member
    Great feeling, right? I tried on a smaller Ravens jersey that I couldn't wear last year, and it fit great. Well, it was a little snug in the biceps, but that's a GOOD thing.
  • moolfson
    moolfson Posts: 29
    Now if only it hadn't been about 2" to short I might have worn it outside the house.
  • dactonaw
    dactonaw Posts: 14 Member
    Yeah, thats one of the big things. I hear ya on the XL's being to short.... But its near impossible to find XLT for me at least
  • CapnDonkey
    DestinationXL. A bit pricey sometimes, but they have good sales, a GREAT clearance section, and they carry XLT and even some LT sizes.
    JC Penney, too. Much cheaper, but their XLT selection is thinner also.
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    I mentioned this on another thread, but try The Foundry if you have one close by. tall sizes galore, and not just in the expensive or ugly stuff. I'm personally back in 2XLT (from 3XLT) and had to buy some workout gear recently. I'm looking forward to the day I have to go drop more money on XLT stuff at the foundry :)

disclaimer: I have no affiliation with the foundry, I just really like the shopping experience there. YMMV
  • CapnDonkey
    Just wanted to add that yesterday I went to DestinationXL with a nifty $20 coupon they sent me and got size XLT (Yep, that's only ONE X) undershirts AND THEY FIT. Tight in the chest and arms (a good thing) but plenty of room in the gut, and plenty to tuck in to my pants. It fit so nice, I bought a 2 pack of black V neck tshirts to wear OUT IN PUBLIC. Look out world.
  • joshdann
    that's gotta feel great. Hopefully I'm not far behind you!

FWIW, while we're talking minor voctories: my fitbit scale that automatically logs my weight measures a bit high, but it's consistent. my cheaper scale clocked me at 299 this morning. 4.5 more pounds to go till my "official" (i.e. the one I use for tracking) weight gets under 300 as well :)
  • joshdann
    accidental minor victory today.

I work from home most of the time, and lately I've either been going walking or hitting the gym every day so I mostly wear workout shorts. The kind with a drawstring.

Today I put on a non-workout pair of cargo shorts along with my leather belt. When I was 350 a year ago, I was on the last notch of this belt (it's the only one Iever wear, except in dress pants.. which happens basically never). As I've been losing weight, I have been using the second hole in the belt most of the time. When I put them on, I noticed that the cargo shorts fit looser than they should, and when I tighten the belt I looked down and realized I was on the THIRD HOLE of the belt! It was a little tight, but I wore it like that, just because I could. It wasn't too bad :)
  • CapnDonkey
    Great feeling!

I had to switch to cloth belts for now, since I'm past even the holes I had to punch in my leather belts. I'll buy new ones when I hit 275lbs. That's my shopping reward weight. Until then, it's loose baggy clothes for me.
  • joshdann
    hah, nice!

my shopping reward weight is TBD, but I have plenty of 2XLT stuff to last me till I hit XLT. Then I'll go shopping. I figure that will be at 265-275ish. After a weekend of beer and good times (without too much bad food) I might have to wait another week before my scale puts me under 300. Not weighing in till tomorrow morning... fingers crossed that this weekend didn't put me back a couple pounds.
  • joshdann
    I said that, then I went immediately against my word and stepped on the scale. I just love having the data too much... 299.7 according to my Aria scale! Now let's see if it holds :)
  • CapnDonkey
    Congrats on the 299!

I have been stuck between 305-310 for 2 months now. Made HUGE strength gains, increased on all my lifts on linear progress. I am going to tweak my diet a bit more to see if I can get the scale moving downward again.