keto sticks

Options
Do any of you use keto sticks? I bought some to challenge myself. Is there a certain time of day that is better than another to use them?

Replies

• meowmisu
    meowmisu Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have them too and I'm generally in the slight to moderate range- though I don't really check that often. After a workout you will really see some dark purple! I have read that it doesn't really matter how dark they are- either you're in ketosis or you aren't. They also will show much darker when you have drank less water.
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    ok! I couldnt remember if it was a first thing in the morning deal or what
  • MelMelMiller
    Options
    I check mine first thing in the morning and before bed each night. I am always in the slight section but today was the 1st day of my 3rrd week and I'm finally in the moderate section. I've lost 6lbs total but put a pound back on after drinking alcohol over the weekend. But I'm back at it. Still keeping under my 20 carbs per day.

Good luck with the Ketostix. I use them as a guide and something to look forward too.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    I use them for fun. I'm generally in the light to moderate section. It lets me know that I haven't knocked myself out of ketosis when I've had a day with some mistakes (alcohol, green peas, carrots). But I don't worry about the color. As mentioned above, it's just an indicator. Be sure to eat your salad veggies, drink enough water, and get enough exercise! Have a great day!
  • bigred01
    bigred01 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I used them the first time I did Atkins, but haven't used them since. If you are sticking to your carb count, you should be fine. Every time you fall off the wagon, it usually takes a full two days to go back to burning fat again instead of carbs. They can be a good motivator at the beginning though.