Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Clarification on deloading and moving to next phase of SL?

cajuntank
cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
Just wanted to make sure I am not reading this wrong in Medhi's SL5x5 guide... you progress to the next program after you have to deload twice on that exercise, correct?... or is it progress to next if have to deload twice on the same failed weight?

Replies

• kirk_clawson
    kirk_clawson Posts: 36 Member
    I always interpreted it as deloading twice at the same failed weight. If you break through after deloading, there's no reason to switch up to intermediate as long as a simple deload will break you through again when you hit the next failure.

Eventually, though, everyone will hit a wall where even deloading doesn't help any more. That's when you stop with the deloading and switch to 3x3 or whatever is up next.
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    I even emailed Medhi (but I know he was probably thinking...you should join my inner circle), but no reply. The PDF guide states that after two deloads of the same exercise, to progress to the next program, but I am kind of thinking like you that you will be moving though the programs quicker than I think was intended once you get to heavy weights.

Thanks for the response.